News article about poor quality of RV manufacturing - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2021, 06:33 PM   #41

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
Sure glad my LIL Snoozy doesn’t have Suburban or Dometic appliances. My 2005 Ranger doesn’t even have damaged door panels. With 170,000 mile I haven’t yet replaced a fan belt.
Pushing it are we.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #42

Name: alan
Trailer: looking
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i have a 2016 Mercedes E350, its a freekin datacenter, with dozens and dozezns of computerized subsystems (there's a computer in each door that communicate with the main chassis module to adjust the seats, mirrors, locks), something like 8 or 10 different digital data busses, but it all works very nicely. more power, more road control, more fuel efficiency for the amount of power.

p.s. good luck finding *anything* newer than about 2010 with manual windows, even the cheapest Kia's and Hyundais have them.

My '17 F-350 has crank windows to match it's crank driver
minke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:00 PM   #43

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
So do 2021 stock jeeps.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #44

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Pushing it are we.

Drive it every day!
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:03 AM   #45

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
It's like a fellow Casita owner tells the folks in the big RV's when they scoff at his 'egg'...I can camp anywhere you can, but you can't camp everywhere I can.
THere's a Forest Service Campground in Packwood, WA, that was built in the 30's when camping meant tents. It's very nice but is impassable for the big RV's and fifth wheels. Still, they try...and then get furious because they're stuck in between two big trees and have to back out the one way road. They refuse to read the sign at the entrance that says the sites are small and the roads narrow and 'cannot accommodate larger RV's". My 17 ft. Casita fits just fine.
Love this comment. We traveled last summer around the country without reservations. We were saved a few times because we had a 17 foot trailer.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #46

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
Love this comment. We traveled last summer around the country without reservations. We were saved a few times because we had a 17 foot trailer.
I have friends with a beautiful motorcoach I call a mobile condominium. Its really wonderful. But talk to them about favorite campgrounds and the discussion rapidly morphs into do you think I can get into their campsites, do you think I can fit the campground roads, and so on. Since I mainly camp at National Parks, the answer is often No. But boy, when they do arrive, their rig is incredibly comfortable!