Nice lady with 1983 casita for 1800 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This is funny, when I advertise on RVTrader or Craig's List, I received sexually explicit solicitations, some even with pictures. Who figures how they get your email's??
I don't know but you can forward the ones with pictures to me at ...........(J/K)
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
This is funny, when I advertise on RVTrader or Craig's List, I received sexually explicit solicitations, some even with pictures. Who figures how they get your email's??
On Craigs I seem to recall there is a check box you need to click in order to hide your email address from people responding to your ad.... .
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
When I place an ad via Craigslist I mention that I don't answer emails and take only phone calls from interested parties.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #24

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
I never realized that RVs had that effect on women, wow.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
All ya gotta do is just agree with them. Since they obviously HAVE the $$$ to pay with paypal - ask 'em to transfer the $$$$ IN FULL to their driver who can then pay you IN FULL.

Point out that a driver arriving sans cash will be dealt with the police

Betcha no driver ever shows at the address you give - which will, of course, be the establishment of the local constabulary!

(Or as a friend did - post a pic of a Hells Angels type biker in full gear and point out that "this is me and I'm looking forward to meeting you!")
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I never realized that RVs had that effect on women, wow.
Now you know why so many women are pulling trailers on their own!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #27

Name: Ann
Trailer: Dreaming of my own egg
Texas
This is a scam ! Sorry been told almost same stuff but instead was a soldier ! Re: the nice lady from Topeka.
Anndm1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #28

Name: Darilyn
Trailer: Scamp
Pennsylvania
I came across the same thing... Posing as a military officer who had to reduce the price because he was getting shipped off to Afghanistan... Im on the east coast, and he knew that, so he said the trailer was stored on military base outside of Tacoma WA. My cousin lives in Tacoma so I asked if she could come see it before I decide to buy it. Here was his response -
[begin quote]

"Hi again,

Like I said in my first email, I'm making final preparations before deploying to Afghanistan. Shipping will be my part, The Logistic Department will deliver the camper to your home and it will take no more than 4 days. All documents you need for ownership, manuals, title and bill of sale will be provided along with the camper.

For the payment I would like to use Amazon Payments as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the camper and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep it. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the camper before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 5 days to inspect it. If you decide not to keep it, Amazon Payments will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern. But I assure you won't be the case. I think this is more than fair for both of us.

Now, if you are serious about this and want to move forward, just email me back with:
- Your Full Name - Required by Amazon Payments (You'll receive important guidelines + payment instructions from them).
- Your Shipping Address and Phone Number - Required by the Logistic Department (They will call you with delivery instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the camper)

If the camper is not how I've described it, you have the unequivocal right to refuse acceptance of the camper (return postage on my expense) and you are entitled to a full and complete refund.

Sorry for the long email, I have tried to explain the entire process.

P.S I asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the camper but their reply was "We are not a showroom!"

Thanks,
Col. Darren Wright, US Army
[end quote]

That poster should be ashamed of himself - Using a hightly respected position to gain the trust of someone he has every intention of screwing over... I'm so glad I knew to stay away.

Keep the faith.
-Lady D and the Scamp
Lady Darilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
A few years back we had a member that lost his inheritance from his grandmother on a scam trying to buy a trailer. It wasn't as blantly obvious as these, but it wasn't as common back then either. Still makes me sad when I think of it. Knowledge is power, share the wealth of information!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita