Nissan Sunrader Manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: Victoria
Trailer: Sunrader
CA
Nissan Sunrader Manual

Hi. I'm about to buy a 1984 Nissan Sunrader manual transmission to fix up and resell, I was just wondering if theyre desirable if everything is in working order? I dont want to put effort into something that has no actual value. Would love your input. Thanks
Victoreagrace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:22 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Nissan Sunrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoreagrace23 View Post
Hi. I'm about to buy a 1984 Nissan Sunrader manual transmission to fix up and resell, I was just wondering if theyre desirable if everything is in working order? I dont want to put effort into something that has no actual value. Would love your input. Thanks
Projects like that will never make you money. I'd only do it to use it. 35 year old RVs are a money pit.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:39 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Surest way to make money on it is to buy it cheap and resell as a project.

People that make money on refurbishing trailers tend to do those jobs as a commissioned project: someone pays you to restore THEIR RV and they pay full retail for your service work.

If I was paid by the hour for the work/time I have done refurbishing my Trillium I would be somewhere between $1 to $2 per hour, max.... Probably more like less than $1/hr if I accounted for all the time.

I have a friend who has flipped vintage cars. The cars he has fully restored he lost money, lots of money on those. The projects he bought and resold as projects, he has made money. And the fully restored cars he has bought (from people that lost a ton of $$ restoring them), he has done very well. Needless to say, he no longer restores cars.

Sunraders are very desirable. So buy it right, give it a good thorough cleaning, and resell it, if you goal is to maximize return.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote