No NOG but slipped into Vintage Tow and Shine - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
No NOG but slipped into Vintage Tow and Shine

We are still dealing with ordering a custom axle, so didn't want to tow a long distance. But the Cool April Nights event hit Redding (CA) last weekend, and although I don't consider the Lil Bigfoot a real "vintage" item, hubby Ron showed an interest in cleaning and waxing her for the event, so it made sense to agree to go!

He did a marvelous job cleaning off the oxidation and black streaks that showed up over the winter, then used his orbital buffer and some special wax that really made her look sweet.

I got motivated and sewed additional curtains and worked on staging that would qualify as vintage. We had a great time, people came through all day long (10-5), and many were interested in the FG concept and where to find them. Next time I do this I'll print cards with details about what our trailer is, who we are, and ALSO a link to this forum so more details can be found.

The comment we got from almost everyone was "do you 'actually' camp in this?" Duh! Well, we do "undress" it a lot, but of course we camp!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #2

CA
More photos

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...lbums1772.html
Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Say, that is a lovely stage job! Nothing like the lace touches to make people marvel--this is for CAMPING? How cool!

I think we have some of the same fabric--your curtain fabric looks very familiar (the plaid). And we have the zig-zag print, too...Love it! All!

Also, the wire rack up above is a great idea!

Thanks for sharing this inspiring story and photo.

Working and waiting to be ready for our first outing...still some weeks and tasks away.

BEST

Kai
Old 04-26-2016, 02:08 PM   #4

CA
Thank you, Kai! I can sure sympathize with the frustration those tasks cause... delayed camping enjoyment! The times we've spent out in our trailer so far (sans lace and pottery!) have been a delight.

But the hubby insists we get this axle sorted before we take any long trips. We've got the best people working on it, but it seems to be a long process. I can't wait to be completely road-worthy and hit some more distant quiet spots == and some rallies!

Best,
LP
Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, LP (Ellpea),

Oh, yes, totally agree the axle is key! Us, too, looking forward to some quiet spots and some rallies!

I do so understand! The waiting is very trying!

Kai

Tags
vin