Norm's Pace - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Norm's Pace

The NL Caravan members came up with the phrase 'Norm's Pace'. We are slow travelers. We think it's important, if you can afford the time, to take your time, to see more than the surface, to stop and wonder and understand.

Yesterday we walked by four former seaside communities (most communities in NL are or were seaside communities). I wondered about their life eking out a living from the sea and limited soil. We came across one island where one family still summer their sheep..they look at the land and say not 6 acres of grass but rather measure it in the number of sheep it can support. The walk was so pristine, so peaceful, it all reaches deep inside of you, making you wonder about all different sides of your life, at the same time making you feel blessed to be here. Places like this are not to be rushed by. This morning I told Ginny we need to extend our stay.. I was thinking forever but told her a few days.

What's the rush.. you can't see it all. I'll wake up this winter in FL and will be reliving the Lion's Den hike, besides I haven't run aross the 200 head Caribou herd out there yet.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote