Not All Scamp Adventures are Good. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Not All Scamp Adventures are Good.

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.
On Thursday morning (early morning) it felt like I was having a pretty strong Pleurisy attack. Since it's chest pains it's always a good idea to get it checked. So off to ER we go. After several tests EKG, X-Ray, Blood tests, there was no indication of any heart involvement. I figured they about to release and I was off. But, no this ER Quack was confident I was having a hart attack. I told him I'd been through this more than once, but he wanted more and more expensive tests done. I said NO. Signed a paper and left.
Our plan had been to head to UTAH and their National Parks, Off we go, figuring the Pleurisy would run its course and everything would be good. Spent the night in a rest area just inside Idaho. Headed across the state in morning. Almost to Mountain Home stopped for breakfast. Felt like I was getting better. After breakfast we out there was a bigger travel trailer parked really close to me. Anne says somebody hits us. (Pictures below) It appears this guy pulled in the wrong direction and pulled out tried to make that greater than 90° turn and hit my trailer with his. Worse yet he had is steps out. I didn't feel so good any more.
After getting as much information out of him as I could we headed back home.
Tuesday morning I still not feeling good so I called my doctor's office, the only help they could give was back to ER. Same tests as before, however this time "heart isn't involved". That's more like it. Pneumonia was diagnosis oh oh. Anne had to deal with insurance companies for trailer while I tried to get better. Two days later they let me out with a couple new meds. Looks like UTAH is going to have to wait a while. Maybe next year.

Looks like that the insurance adjusted is on his way to look at the trailer. Maybe soon we'll be through with the whole ordeal.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2963.jpg   DSCN2964.jpg  

Old 09-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Byron.

Hope both you and the Scamp are back in tip-top shape soon.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Oh no, what a fiasco. Hope you and the Scamp are all better soon and your adventures continue.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Best wishes to you and your Scamp as you both are mending toward better times and some great travels.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Adrian had a good post about back pain that turned out to be a bypass. It came to mind if anyone else is interested reading. Good info there.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Wow Byron. Looks like the bear ate you this time. The trailer looks like its fixable and in years to come you'll have a good story at the camp fire. As long as you stay out of that hospital, you'll mend too. Look on the bright side. The government is going to shut down on Oct 1 and you'd be stuck in a Walmart parking lot. In Utah. Where it's hot..... Get healthy and keep us posted. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #7

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Glad to hear you're OK Byron.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #8

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
Ouch. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #9

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I'm so sorry Byron. The Scamp has an ouchie and so do you. That's double trouble. I hope you feel your old self soon and that your scamp gets healed quick too. All my very warmest wishes for a return to perfect health, Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #10

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Oh gosh, I'm reminded of that old saying that "when it rains, it pours". First you have health problems, then your trailer gets whacked. So sorry that you got hit with a double whammy. Hope that both you and the trailer will soon be all mended and ready for new adventures.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #11

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Oh no! So sorry that happened and that you are sick on top of it. Hopefully you'll be better soon and so will your Scamp. What a bummer
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #12

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
One thing about it, the Scamp is a lot easier to fix than we are. Glad no one was hurt and that you are on the mend. Please continue to take care of yourself so you can get that Utah trip under your belt!
Charlie
(sitting in the rain in a KOA near Akron Ohio)
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #13

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
So sorry to hear about the triple troubles! Hope things are much better very soon!
Kai in Seattle
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sorry you're feeling punky Byron. Utah will wait for you.

Just be glad you don't have a shiny, aluminum-skinned something-or-other. That would be big bucks to fix!

Feel better soon!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Sorry to hear about the probs! Take care of yourself

Anne H
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #16

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Fiberglass damage is easy to fix, and it will look as good as new. It is you who matters more. Take good care of your body and mind and be well!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #17

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Oooh, you must have "walking pneumonia"? No fever, still up and thinking you're OK, when really you need antibiotics.

Maybe it's a good thing that something caused you to come back home and see your doctor. Get better soon!
Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #18

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Hope the trailer gets fixed soon and your back on your feet with dancing shoes on.

Maybe this worked out for the best. Trailer damage causes you to go home, that leads to a proper diagnosis and treatment. Pneumonia is not something we should just "tough out" no matter how old and tough we get ;-)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #19

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Do take care Byron. A bit of glass, grinder, and paint, the Scamp will look good as new.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #20

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Well this may make you feel better. I was on my way south last week and as we just got through some heavy traffic area around Harrisburg PA and reached I 81 S . We were feeling relaxed and settled in on a easy drive ahead. BOOM a blowout. Managed to pull to right off road about a foot. Blowout was on the drivers side. Wife stopped me from changing tire, said it was to dangerous, and i was not a kid anymore. We called Good Sam and they were there in an hour or so. Big truck, blinking high caution lights, right kind of jack, that you don`t have to crawl under trailer to set it up, florescent shirt. Was done in 15 minutes. We pulled off next exit and came across a Tractor Supply store and bought the exact same tire as Scamps, all ready mounted. The wheel on the blown tire was bent near the bead, so to avoid any troubles in the future with that wheel, i just chucked it and called myself lucky. Wife said, "does this camping stuff get any better or what" Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp