Not fiberglass, but why not wooden trailers? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #61

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
apparently my house has tripled in value over the past 20 years. we've really not done much to it other than a new roof a couple years ago and basic maintenance.
This is a great return on a house that you live in. The amount of return all depends on where you live, and timing. I know of lots of areas that have seen little or no increase in property value in that time, which others have grown even more. I saw a revenue property resell for almost 6 times what I bought it for 19 years earlier. We bought two at the time, sure wish we had of bought more like we originally planned, then I would have retired ages ago. I also see folks in other parts of the continent buying properties for 25% of what we would pay for a similar one here. While the real estate market is one you can make money in, you do have to be real careful, as it is not a given by any means.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #62

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
real estate ventures

you cannot come out ahead in the real estate world selling too soon. I also live in our original home we built in 1976 after 42 years its worth a lot and the next guy who buys it will have to pony up after all the improvements we made through the years.

lets see our sales rate here is 6% they claim our property increases run 2 to 3% a year. Maybe? but there is ton of expenses to owning a home!

all this is sort of like gambling stories I hear, stock deals and finally real estate deals!

I think the guy really making it is that real estate salesman!!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #63
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I bought my house as a life style investment, not a monetary one. While I might make money if and when I sell it, when I consider insurance payments, taxes, maintenance, mortgage interest, inflation, legal fees, etc. I'll be happy to break even. I'll stick to financial investments that don't require a lawyer at the beginning and a lawyer at the end.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #64

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Your bank let you live there?
Old 03-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #65

Missouri
did it myself

raz I did the legal work for our folks house and a commercial building we owned.

come to find out a realtor did some of ours found some mistakes fixed them when we sold the property. really just a matter of reading the last paper work on the sale.

take my word for it in todays legal world I trust not one of them!

bob
Old 03-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #66

Missouri
war eagle if you go check at the assessors office he is probably getting a deal on his!

bob
Old 03-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #67

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Unlike a pure investment, whether real estate or otherwise, a primary residence, includes its value as living quarters. Add thirty years of median rent to the final selling price when evaluating your net gain or loss. That is usually a significant tipping point in favor of home ownership.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #68

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
... I think the guy really making it is that real estate salesman!!!
And the brokers who profit every time new mortgage papers are signed whether selling or simply refinancing.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #69

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
All the fees associated with real estate sales are just something you have to factor in. If you do enough real estate deals you can get good breaks on these fees too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote