Not too Old to Learn! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #21

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
If you are addicted to making those cut the strips and tie together fleece blankets I have a new gift product you can make with the same method. Cloth shopping bags made from sleeveless, tank top, T-Shirts. There are lots of really cute designs on T-shirts to be found at garage sales and thrift stores as well as off the rack brand new.

For the tutorials and lots of ideas and images do a search on: no sew T shirt bag

Lots of uses for those cloth bags, very handy for camping and at home. Plus you can make them in lots of sizes, very small ones from kids clothes on up to 3X adult sizes.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysty View Post
Hi Donna

We need a mattress for our Boler, and I came across some message that had mentioned someone in Toronto that made them, I have searched and searched this website or forums and I cannot find it, could you please help me

Thanks so very much

Donna
I really can't help you. I'm a USA citizen. I bought my sheets at Kohls. the mattress at IKEA and the electric blanket at Target, the MINK cover at Pendleton Woolen Mills... extra quilts handmade from a friend.

BUT, you'll figure out what works best for YOU... whether sheets or sleeping bags or mattress. I wish you luck, truly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:00 PM   #23

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Mysty, here is a link but it is from 2014 so who knows if they are still around, good luck
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ses-66165.html
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #24

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
We sleep on a foam pillow topped mattress in the master bedroom and a foam mattress from Southern Mattress in the Casita. Not sure what is in the Big Foot.

The Southern Mattress is by far the most comfortable of all, and I have been known to sneak out during the day and take a nap in the Casita.

But the thing is this: The mattress in the master bed room is so cold in the winter that I shiver for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour and then sleep only fitfully because if I roll the bed is cold again and I wake up. So I have a little square electric pad that I sleep on (not supposed to sleep on these things but I do), and it really helps. My wife bought an electric sheet which is very nice also. But both are still noticeable laying on all the cables and such.

I am going to try the fleece blanket under the sheet suggestion for sure. I may also try to make a "no sew" throw blanket, what an interesting idea.

I just stumbled onto this thread, and so very glad I did. Thanks to all.

It is 3:00 in the morning as I type this, so if it seems only partially coherent please excuse me.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:02 AM   #25

Tennessee
Cotton Kills is a euphemism from the backpacking crowd that believes wearing cotton when backpacking could result in a cotton garment getting wet from sweat or rain and will then provide no insulation and may result in a severe and deadly lowing of the body temperature. So many backpackers prefer synthetics. No me though: I prefer cotton, down and merino wool clothing.

Or...it could refer to the cotton cord my wife keeps trying to wrap around my neck. She says it make a nice necklace...OK, but why does it have a slip knot?
Old 05-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #26

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Rzrbrn: Oh, LOLOLOL!

"K"
Old 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #27

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Cotton Kills is a euphemism from the backpacking crowd that believes wearing cotton when backpacking could result in a cotton garment getting wet from sweat or rain and will then provide no insulation and may result in a severe and deadly lowing of the body temperature. So many backpackers prefer synthetics. No me though: I prefer cotton, down and merino wool clothing.

Or...it could refer to the cotton cord my wife keeps trying to wrap around my neck. She says it make a nice necklace...OK, but why does it have a slip knot?
Me I add silk and angora in there. Lots of good donations to nearby thrift shop
I also had never heard of the no sew method and must have Googled incorrectly as I couldn't bring up anything even close
Or the bug that makes my cellphone auto-correct accurately typed words to nonsense syllables was hitting Google's search function that day.
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:32 AM   #28

Tennessee
Mitzi, I have that problem with auto correct also. I was able to Google "no sew"

here is one link

https://www.instructables.com/id/No-...ece-Blanket-1/
Old 05-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #29

Registry
JoAnn's sells "kits" for these 2-sided no sew blankets, both fabrics already chosen for you in case you can't make up your mind.

I had a large fleece blanket in cream and a beige one with cream dog bones on it, and used them. Made a nice, warm, square blanket, though it's a bit heavy.

Thanks for finding the pictorial! For those unable to find it online, THAT IS IT!

"K"
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #30

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
JoAnn's sells "kits" for these 2-sided no sew blankets, both fabrics already chosen for you in case you can't make up your mind.
Speaking of "kits" and "cotton kills" earlier, my son had me pick up a used hot tub cover in the city today. He texted last night asking me to pick up the cover and the "kid." I texted back saying good thing I took the booster seat since I had to pick up the kid. He meant kit. He chuckled and blamed it on auto-correct.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #31

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Spell checking is fine, but the auto-correct feature should be shot on sight! Read and re-read at least twice.

Somebody should write a science fiction story about an intergalactic war inadvertently caused by the auto-correct feature. Or, has it been done and I missed it?
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #32

Registry
I like spell-check. I hate auto-correct. The nerve of some computers!

"K"
Old 05-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #33

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
I like spell-check. I hate auto-correct. The nerve of some computers!

"K"
Every once in a long while I come across a spell checker suggestion that is actually funny.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote