Now towing a 19' Escape! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Now towing a 19' Escape!

Found our Easter egg! We brought it home Friday. It's a 2011, less than a year old, private sale. Whoo hoo!!

The sellers were fantastic in helping us out and giving us a great deal of information. They had us stay with them the first night at their beautiful property with neighboring donkeys, and cattle grazing on hillsides in the distance. She made us a gourmet meal! Everyone should buy an egg that way. It was a wonderful trip just to get it.

The trailer includes many upgrades by them such as a better stereo, wood stabilizer pads that he made, cubbies over the bed for glasses and reading material, towel racks, and a mirror in the bathroom. Has AC, insulation and thermal windows, big front box, TV arm with TV included, microwave, two-way water heater, additional window over sink, bike ready, faucet with pull-out spray, 4 inches of foam with 2 more of memory (and another 2 we added of latex.) All very comfy. They kept the Escape in a heated new barn.

Did I say Whoo Hoo!!??

"Floating Cloud" 2011 Escape 19'
Attached Thumbnails
P1040794.jpg  
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Cathy...That's one Easter Egg find you won't forget!!! Whoo Hoo is right. Congrats.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Very nice! But are you sure you don't need a few more inches of foam?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #4

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
thats a sweet one. tow good?
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #5

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Hey Cathy,
Delighted to hear about your purchase. We love our little Escape 13. You're going to find you've bought something very high quality. Hope you get many years of enjoyment!
Phil
Old 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19 ft
Cathy,
Way to go with the Escape. If you have the opportunity, join us at the Escape Rally, June 1 & 2 at Osoyoos, B.C., details at Escape Trailer Industries > Home
Laura & Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #7

Rick or Laura, would love to go to the rally but another year. Have to do a little more towing first!

John, I would say it tows just great but we did not have the brakes set right apparently and fortunately did not need them much going home. We have the Tekonsha P3 which says to start at 6.0 and go up. We can't back it worth a darn so the storage place called a prof truck driver. Million-miles-plus-Joe showed up and whipped it into the place (there's a huge tractor and building kind of in our way not to mention an uphill, and we couldn't do it anyway). Joe said to back the brakes down to 5.0 and try that. We will see next time but haven't figured out how we are going to take it out, since we can't get it back in! They are building more pull-through places, hopefully sooner rather than later. Alf, I thought sure you were going to come and park this thing!

The hitching including Equalizer WDH and the towing are easier than I expected after hearing some stories, so happy with that.

Yes, Mike, we might have enough foam. We knew it had the memory foam but don't think we knew about the regular. The owners were very nice to leave us so many things.

Phil, hope to see you on the road some day! We know it is high quality, more beautiful than I had remembered.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
awsome, happy for you.
now the only way your going to learn to back it up is to put it in reverse.

ask some friends if they have experiance they could come help you a bit.
but longer trailers are actualy easier to reverse. i know,,doesn't make sense,,but its true.
so on any sunday morning,,,go hook up, and take it to your highschool parking lot with a few cardboard boxes, and practice,practice ,practice till you can both be comfortable backing it in.
honest to god it won't be that bad. and learn to ground guide each other. those little family radios work good for that.
and between you me and the doorknob,,,,women generaly are better at backing in. and i owned two trucking companies during my life, i not only can show you the records of backing accidents with my truck drivers,,,i can show you national highway statistics to back that up.
now,,,,go get em!
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #9

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Cathy, i am soooo happy for you. Hope to see you at an egg rally, we are still looking for one that is fairly close. I am still begging for inside pics! It won't be long you guys will be towing and backing and wondering why you were so worried about it in the first place. I leave it all to the hubby, he is very good at all that. I don't think i would ever worry about towing but i have no coordination so backing up would be not possible. Might have to reserve a pull thru and only parallel park! Congrats now you are really one of the few, the proud, the fiberglass owners!!!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #10

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
nice catch! congratulations...
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #11

Trailer: Casita
Cathy,

Congratulations on the purchase! It looks like you got a beauty. You will never be sorry you chose an Escape.

Laura and Rick, we are going (I believe three Texas Escapes will be there) . See you in June.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
Did I say Whoo Hoo!!??

There, I said it too!!!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Woo Hoo times two!
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
It's beautiful! Congratulations!
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #15

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Did I say Whoo Hoo!!??
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #16

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
Congratulations! Just think of all the fun times you'll have in that trailer! Make some wonderful memories!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #17

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Rick or Laura, would love to go to the rally but another year. Have to do a little more towing first!

John, I would say it tows just great but we did not have the brakes set right apparently and fortunately did not need them much going home. We have the Tekonsha P3 which says to start at 6.0 and go up. We can't back it worth a darn so the storage place called a prof truck driver. Million-miles-plus-Joe showed up and whipped it into the place (there's a huge tractor and building kind of in our way not to mention an uphill, and we couldn't do it anyway). Joe said to back the brakes down to 5.0 and try that. We will see next time but haven't figured out how we are going to take it out, since we can't get it back in! They are building more pull-through places, hopefully sooner rather than later. Alf, I thought sure you were going to come and park this thing!

The hitching including Equalizer WDH and the towing are easier than I expected after hearing some stories, so happy with that.

Yes, Mike, we might have enough foam. We knew it had the memory foam but don't think we knew about the regular. The owners were very nice to leave us so many things.

Phil, hope to see you on the road some day! We know it is high quality, more beautiful than I had remembered.
Hi: Cathy... I'd have big trouble getting away...and even bigger trouble "Parking" with another woman!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #18

Shelly, interior photos coming through.
Attached Thumbnails
P1040943 Escape kitchen.jpg   P1040946 Escape bedroom.jpg  

P1040947  TV microwave refrigerator.jpg   P1040963 Escape dinette.jpg  

Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #19

A couple more of the interior
Attached Thumbnails
P1040948 refrigerator open.jpg   P1040941 cooktop and sink.jpg  

Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #20

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Be still my heart... I think I'm in LUV with your 19 footer....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape