Odd e-mail from FGRV Classifieds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Odd e-mail from FGRV Classifieds

Yesterday I received an e-mail that said I had a private message in response to my '04 Bigfoot 25B25RQ for sale. The email contained a link to "respond to the message". The link did not work. I logged into FGRV and I have no new private messages. This leads me to believe that a scam may be going where e-mails are being sent to FGRV members who have classified ads posted with a "link" which would direct your response to some place other than FGRV.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #2

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Yesterday I received an e-mail that said I had a private message in response to my '04 Bigfoot 25B25RQ for sale. The email contained a link to "respond to the message". The link did not work. I logged into FGRV and I have no new private messages. This leads me to believe that a scam may be going where e-mails are being sent to FGRV members who have classified ads posted with a "link" which would direct your response to some place other than FGRV.
Where did the link take you? (float over it and you should see the address)
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #3

The link is dead. Below is a copy and paste of the message. The link did not copy:

Fiberglassclassifieds.com, sell and buy near you. Simple, fast and efficient.

You have recieved a new direct message from svw!
Regarding classified ad: 2004 Bigfoot RearQueen NA
Reply to message here

PS : The person who contacted you do not know your email as you will not reply.

Remember to always check the details of your contact person (name, address, ...) to ensure you have a contact in case of dispute. In general, choose the delivery of the item in hand.

Beware of enticing offers! Be careful with requests from abroad when you only have a contact email. The bank transfer by Western Union or MoneyGram proposed may well be artificial.

Thank you for your trust and see you soon,

The Fiberglassclassifieds.com Team
Fiberglassclassifieds.com

PS: This is an automated email, please don't reply. Click to manage your notification settings
Old 08-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #4

Here is a photo of my screen:
Attached Thumbnails
FGRV email.jpeg  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:05 PM   #5

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Links worked for me. Big button in image might fail depending on browser. Example IE browser can't post an item on pintrest board. the button image doesn't work. Works in chrome or firefox.

I just right clicked and open in other tab and the links took me to the fiberglass rv sales for a camper.

Can't email directly as it says I think because it is using PM's to protect email addresses.

I used right click on links, open in new tab. The system I'm on has a lot of stuff to keep my silly self safe online.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #6

Name: J
Isle of Wight
The spelling/grammar is atrocious in that pasted diatribe.
It HAS to be spam/phishing.
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:48 PM   #7

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
I think that's an automatic notification generated by the Classifieds section, which is actually it's own site (fiberglassclassifieds.com). It's not for PMs received via the forums.

If you click the Classifieds link up top, it actually takes you to a different website. Even if you never signed up for an account there, your username and password from the forums are linked there. Log in, click on your username to open the drop down menu, click on "Direct Messages," and you should see something.

I agree that it is an odd looking email. Always best to avoid links you believe to be suspicious. I got the same e-mail a few months ago and I was equally suspicious. I didn't trust it until I went through the process explained above to verify that I had a message via the classifieds site.
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #8

The mystery is solved. Yes I did have a response which I found after following Justus' suggestion. Thank you Justus. The three things that threw me off were the dead link, the grammar error in the email and not having any new messages in my regular account. Justus is correct, the classifieds are a different web site with a different message system. Sorry for any alarm or confusion.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
The classifieds page is a separate url and the links will fail if you aren't logged into the forum first - your account at the classifieds page is associated with your forum account.

The classifieds page has it's own messaging tools and that's why this notice was generated. While the classifieds page is a big departure from the way we used to handle classifieds, we are finding that buyers and sellers are getting better results.