off to quartzite tues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
off to quartzite tues

well tues we are off to quartzite for I hope 3 weeks wife thinks its 2 but I want to warm up! we may be able to hit the fiberglass rv stuff but since we are frugal will probably go up the road to totatlyfree camping!

anyway top of my list is to go once again to the will rogers stuff in Claremore ok.

from then on sort of finding stuff as we go. any of you have things in your bucket list for us to see?

thanks

bob

oh we bought a porta pottie but storage is going to be a problem I am thinking of putting it in the closet when not in use. it wont fit under the bed.
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
If either is still running, I'd make a day trip to the RTR - Rubber Tramp Rendevous (search YouTube to learn plenty).

There's also a ginormous RV show under the big tent.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 PM   #3

Missouri
tom the rtr deal is full isn't it?

bob
Old 01-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Hi Bob, The RTR ends Sunday Jan. 21st. There is a 3 day women's only RTR on the 22nd, 23rd,& 24th.
Here's a background video with the schedule. I thought attendance was open.

If you pull up that video, by Bob, the organizer, you should see many related videos by him & others. The drone footage is interesting, as are some of The seminars.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #5

Missouri
oh well I guess I will find plenty of things to do. I lucked into a portapottie tent today 15bux at the Salvation Army.

I want a canapy also. sams had nice mo. tiger ones the dumped for 80.00 figure long gone!

bob
Old 01-18-2018, 11:06 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
We will be in Quartzsite this weekend at the Blm parking lot High Jolly a little north of town. FREE CAMPING NO AMMENITIES. Our Scamp will be the little trailer in a sea of RVs . Its unique with Snoopy stickers on it.

When you get into town get the free local paper Quartzsite Gazette it has a local events calendar. The yacht club has music at night and decent food and booze if you partake. It gets busy at dinner time.

We travel north for a day in Lake Havasu. If you go on sunday they have a little swapmeet in town and usually a weekend event. This weekend is a Baloon fest if weather permits. Last we the had a big Vw ralley. There is always something more than just the London Bridge. Check the internet for events in lake Havasu.

We leave on Monday and are scheduled to be back in Feburary for the Fiberglass rally Staying in Dome Rock which is free camping too with no ammenities.

The gazette is available on line if you want to plan ahead.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #7

Missouri
thanks

thanks steve are you just staying the weekend?

bob
Old 01-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Yep just driving in Friday and leaving Monday. Same thing when we come back for the ralley. Were still working and not able to retire yet. So we still have to keep our jobs happy.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #9

Missouri
on to quartzite

well according to what I have read not much in quartzite for food so we are planning some extra food for this trip.

we usually eat a good breakfast and the afternoon meal is at a restaurant in this case we will be doing some grilling and stuff!

found me a outhouse tent and a portapottie this is going to go back when I was a kid when we had an outhouse. we will have our own outhouse there!

my children just don't believe this and how I grew up this way! life was good in the old days no b/r no running water!

bob