Oliver Elite II: Convert Full to Twin Beds? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #1

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Oliver Elite II: Convert Full to Twin Beds?

Idle question:

If one were to find a used Oliver Elite II for sale, and it had the full-bed floor plan, would it be necessary to tow it to the Oliver factory in Tennessee to have it converted to the Twin-bed layout?

Or could you have Oliver ship you the necessary components and make the switch yourself?

Not that we know of any used Elite IIs, especially at a modest price in New England, but I'm just curious. . . –LEJ

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:24 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Lynn,

The twin model has a dresser in the middle rear that, as I recall, is part of the molded floor. The twin beds are also part of the mold and they have rails to keep the mattresses from falling off.

I'm sure Oliver could make the transition, if they wanted too, but it is not a simple matter.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #3

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
I posted the same inquiry on the Oliver Forum. Respondents say that you can indeed convert a full ('Standard') to Twin layout. You need to buy the two rails that extend the benches (riveted on) from Oliver, as well as the night stand that sits on the mound between the two beds. You can get these components from Oliver and DIY, or you can drive down to TN and have them do it.

Not, as I said, that I have any prospect of finding either model used at a low-enough price. But I really do like those trailers. —LEJ

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:37 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
I posted the same inquiry on the Oliver Forum. Respondents say that you can indeed convert a full ('Standard') to Twin layout. You need to buy the two rails that extend the benches (riveted on) from Oliver, as well as the night stand that sits on the mound between the two beds. You can get these components from Oliver and DIY, or you can drive down to TN and have them do it.

Not, as I said, that I have any prospect of finding either model used at a low-enough price. But I really do like those trailers. —LEJ
I followed your post about this on the Oliver forum and what you were told is accurate. The factory has done this before. I wouldn’t attempt it, but if you’re skilled you could do it yourself with factory supplied bed rails and nightstand.
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver