Oliver Legacy Videos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008 / Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited
We had a chance to view the new Oliver Legacy while at the River Valley Egg Rally. Jason Rose showed us his Oliver. The videos are shaky and very home made quality, but show many of the oliver's features. Here is four links to three minute videos: Click to activate video.

Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
How about an OPINION about what you saw? Inquiring minds want to know.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Donna, I was impressed. It was like the Oliver Research and Development department had read the various forums and had actually listened ! Many of the modifications that are made by owners of Casita, ect, ect, were standard features in the Oliver. Most of the major areas where improvements are usually needed in a box stock coach, are met at the outset by the factory. Examples:
Exterior ground lighting, LED's
Three way door light switching to LED's
Tail/Brake lights (4 of them ) LED's
Third brake light for increased visibility
Three point electric jack leveling system, ( will lift tires off of the ground if needed ! )
Increased capacaties, over 30 gal fresh water
The weight isn't increased even with the lager tanks !
Lockable fiberglass toungue box
From my perspective, that of a mostly boondocker, the coach is much more energy efficent and will give extended wilderness stays in greater comfort. The interior lighting is LED's. With the optima batterys this coach should lend it's self well to a solar setup. There are so many well engineered things that it is difficult to think of them all. My wife is anxious to see the 2008 that has many more improvements, such as a flush with the counter cook top !
Because we winter boondock, we were concerned about holding tank freeze up. They have the tanks inside and protected with a thinsulate blanket. Even the dump valves are not exposed.
Overall I was well impressed with how well thought out the coach is
Old 09-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Photobucket says the alblum is "private" and wants me to login as mountainborn0.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #5

Curtis, looks like Anders is moving the vids to YouTube as we speak.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Photobucket says the alblum is "private" and wants me to login as mountainborn0.

Curt
OPzz ! I am now uploading the videos to U TUBE we'll give that a try.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
Commercial Member

What a scramble !
Photobucket must have made some changes. I believe the videos are plainer on U Tube however. I am checking now to see if I double posted or any of my usual shenannagains.
In the last video I start off on a Casita that is double parked with the Oliver, then pan over to the Oliver.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
Commercial Member

As you can see in the videos there was people walking up to look just every little bit. The Oliver had a familiar but distinctive look about it that just held performance minded rv'ers attention. Some, like myself, were just riveted by it.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #9

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
Wow, what a nice trailer! Now for the downside - How much do they cost? Where are they made?
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Wow, what a nice trailer! Now for the downside - How much do they cost? Where are they made?
I was curious about that also, and the base price of $26,500. ( I think I remember that right ), set me back, untill I put a pencil to it.
Since it is similar to Casita in many ways, I compared their base price plus the value of the added modifications then time and labor to accomplish the mods. I came up to within $3,500. of each other !
Now I am sure there are many ways to challenge my math on this, but I thought that I would have to spend three and one half years of my spare time modifying a Casita to what I could buy "off of the shelf" from Oliver.
Even at that, there are some "mods" that are hard to figure comparrison costs for, for example, the power cord that is electric motor driven, and the thick blanket of thinsulate insulation between the fiberglass layers. Or the flat panel Television that snaps out and plugs in outside under the awning.
A list of standard options helped me to figure costs, at this web site: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/legacy there is also a lot of photos there.
Maybe I am just plain old lazy, but I just do not want to spend my time working on a travel trailer, I want to spend my time useing it !
If you dig into this further, I am sure we would all be intrested in your calculations, be sure to let us know how you came out on the bottom line !
Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Made in Hohenwald, Tennessee. I am to attend a Ship's reunion at Chattanooga in October, I sure would like to tour the factory since I will not be too far away !
Old 09-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Made in Hohenwald, Tennessee. I am to attend a Ship's reunion at Chattanooga in October, I sure would like to tour the factory since I will not be too far away !
Is it even in production????? Home - Oliver Travel Trailers, I can't find any page that talks about cost.

Okay, found it hidden away:
Quote:
The cost of the Oliver Legacy is available to you by calling: 1-888-526-3978
Are you currently in production? Is the Legacy for sale yet?
We are currently accepting orders for the 2008 Oliver Legacy 17'
The sooner you place you order, the earlier you can expect delivery! The current wait time is 30 - 60 days Call today to place your order!
1-888-5-A NEW RV
I wonder how many they've actually produced to date?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #13
Commercial Member

This one is made by Dometic, I wonder if this might be the one ?
>
Ceramic cooktop with patented sealed ventilation-system

Absolutely unique. The patented sealed ventilation-system makes sure that no oxygen is absorbed from the vehicle's interior. The exhausts are transported outside the vehicle and the cooktop functions without an open flame.
>
Here is a link to a website with a photo:
http://www.origo-sweden.com./templates/Pro...ory.aspx?id=671
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #14

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
What's the reflective panel in front of the trailer? It doesn't look like a window based on the bathroom pics.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #15

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
What's the reflective panel in front of the trailer?
It is a mural.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
I hope the Oliver is a big success as Casita and Scamp could use some competition to pull them into the 21st century on some of their fixtures and fittings.

But, (there's always a butt)

I am paying a steak dinner less than $16,000 for the Casita Liberty Deluxe 17', which has virtually every option Casita offers (I'll buy my own microwave, thank you very much). I expect that 80% of Casita owners never do a single mod and are reasonably happy, but there are a few mods that should be standard, like an inside shower drain valve, and maybe only a few more.

While some of the mentioned Oliver features would certainly be handy (electric stablization jacks), I'm not sure its a $10,000 benefit, but I suspect the market will be a-telling us!
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #17

Patrick, I'm kinda with you. Not everyone wants a "Cadillac" trailer and would prefer to add (and pay) for their desired options. For the price, I think most would prefer the added dollars to go for a slightly larger trailer (20'-23'). Rather than all the "goodies."

We had this exact same discussion on the Genesis trailer not that long ago:
Genesis, New Fiberglass Trailer
and
Genesis Price, what do you think?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Someone asked if they are in production and the answer is yes. It is a slick unit and addresses a lot of the complaints that I have seen on the forums. Jared from Oliver Mfg. said they had made some improvements since this one was rolled out. Improved cook top and moving the light switches come to mind. Also you will be able to pick a color. He said that he was planning to come back to the River Valley Egg Rally next year with his black one. The one thing that jumped out at me when I walked in was how white it was. He did not have curtains hung to tone down the glow and it almost bleached everything out and it was cloudy day. Katy liked the bathroom sink arrangement much better than our Casita's, too.
A little $$$$ for us but for someone that wants all the extras without the work, they might think it is a good deal. People drive Cadillacs and Chevrolets both get you there and both have their attractions.

It was fun to look at,
Thomas
Thomas M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #19

Name: Nita
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
At RVER we got to spend time with Jared in the evenings. He knows his product inside and out. He listened to everyone's comments and may go back to the boss with new suggestions. The company will be sending the campers and reps to many RV shows across the country.

I was also overwhelmed by the sterile white. The fiberglass interior walls would be easy to clean but hard to make personal modifications to. The floor was tiled and the interior set up is similar to the Casitas. The camper is well made and has lots of bells and whistles. Perhaps to keep the price under better control some of the current standard things could become options such as the electric power cord winder, the audio/video equipment, etc.

But all in all, it is a very nicely thought out camper and there will be many people willing to pay for it. I think Jared said they have built 6 units so far and planning to build a larger unit (20'?) sometime in the future. The best thing is the company is willing to work with you on any customizing you may request.

This camper is definitely one to consider.

Nita
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #20

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
The one thing that jumped out at me when I walked in was how white it was.
Quote:
I was also overwhelmed by the sterile white. The fiberglass interior walls would be easy to clean but hard to make personal modifications to. The floor was tiled and the interior set up is similar to the Casitas.
I'm thinking that this would be sought after by those who have allergies and wish to avoid carpet or "Rat Fur".

Tags
oliver