Olympics - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
On a Canadian note Molson's but a beer fridge in the Canada House for athletes, their families and volunteers to scan their passport and it would open & give them a free beer. I am told by friends there that it was a big hit for the first few days until someone in the Olympic organizing committee decided that they will let it be opened but you have to give the beer back. LOL not sure why but was told there was a big battle on to make it work as it was originally intended... haven't had an update yet as to who has won that battle yet.

There is an Youtube video showing how the fridge works. The Beer Fridge - Scan Your Passport.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #22
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
On a Canadian note Molson's but a beer fridge in the Canada House for athletes, their families and volunteers to scan their passport and it would open & give them a free beer. I am told by friends there that it was a big hit for the first few days until someone in the Olympic organizing committee decided that they will let it be opened but you have to give the beer back. LOL not sure why but was told there was a big battle on to make it work as it was originally intended... haven't had an update yet as to who has won that battle yet.

There is an Youtube video showing how the fridge works. The Beer Fridge - Scan Your Passport.

More free beer.....

Public Molson Beer Fridges Dispense Free Drinks In Europe, But Only If You’re Canadian

No wonder you Canadians are always so friendly. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #23

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
More free beer.....

Public Molson Beer Fridges Dispense Free Drinks In Europe, But Only If You’re Canadian

No wonder you Canadians are always so friendly. Raz
Well the good news is they have fixed what ever the "issues" were with the beer fridge at Sochi and one gets to actually keep the beer again.
Just in time for an important hockey game!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #24

Registry
Well the country is at a stand still this morning!

LOL Looks like we have ourselves a real good hockey game as the girls battle it out once again!

Go Canada Go!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Yoo hoo. Canadian women lucked out for the Gold in ice hockey.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-breaker View Post
Yoo hoo. Canadian women lucked out for the Gold in ice hockey.
Awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1794569_10201844832824525_1426717055_n.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #27

Name: Craig
Trailer: Currently researching
Ontario
Go Canada Go!!! A big cheer for Canadian women Olympians! Yesterday they won a repeat gold in bobsled by beating the U.S. Today Jennifer Jones wins gold in curling, and now the women come from a 2-0 deficit to win hockey gold by beating the U.S.!

WAY TO GO LADIES!!!
cramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I wouldn't call it luck.
As for the men, I'm cheering for the other guys ( whoever they are ).
Only players more arrogant and uncooperative ( speaking as a news photographer ), were the Vancouver Grizzlies of the NBA.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #29

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I wouldn't call it luck.
LOL neither would I - some of those women have won 4 Gold medals in a row along with a Silver. How many other athletes do you know who can claim that!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #30

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I wouldn't call it luck...
Call it what you want, but I noticed a couple of USA shots ringing off the Canadian goalposts in last few minutes of regular play and in OT. Difference between a Gold and a Silver was a couple of inches on those shots. Looked pretty lucky to me.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #31
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Not a hockey fan but you didn't need to be with that one. That was just exciting to watch. The mens games appears to be the NHL visits Russia. I'm not sure why but it just doesn't have the same interest for me. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #32

Registry
Had a giggle our PM Twitted a bet with the Obama if we lost he would send him a case of Canadian beer.

Stephen Harper@pmharper: "I'm betting @barackobama one case of Canadian beer per hockey game this week. #teamusa is good, but #WeAreWinter. #GoCanadaGo"

Obama tweeted he agreed to the bet.

Just tweeted a few minutes ago by PM Stephen Harper @pmharper " I look forward to watching the game later and @barackobama, I look forward to my case of beer. #Sochi2014 #WeAreWinter @HC_Women"
Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-breaker View Post
Call it what you want, but I noticed a couple of USA shots ringing off the Canadian goalposts in last few minutes of regular play and in OT. Difference between a Gold and a Silver was a couple of inches on those shots. Looked pretty lucky to me.
I think it is luck too, that they were even able to get near the post at all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #34

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
That made for an exciting day - Canada earning curling Gold and Canada earning Hockey Gold. It meant I didn't get much else done today! No I don't want to argue about who played best, who played cleanest or who did/didn't do anything at all.

For any of you who are still struggling to understand curling here is a link to a commentary by David Attenborough. It may help you a wee bit as he describes what they are doing - and why. ;-)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19/sir-david-attenborough-olympic-curling_n_4818347.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #35

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
That made for an exciting day - Canada earning curling Gold and Canada earning Hockey Gold. It meant I didn't get much else done today! No I don't want to argue about who played best, who played cleanest or who did/didn't do anything at all.

For any of you who are still struggling to understand curling here is a link to a commentary by David Attenborough. It may help you a wee bit as he describes what they are doing - and why. ;-)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19/sir-david-attenborough-olympic-curling_n_4818347.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
Thanks! I needed that Like I always say " you can always depend on folks from this forum always being friendly and helpful "
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:21 AM   #36
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
That made for an exciting day - Canada earning curling Gold and Canada earning Hockey Gold.
I had to laugh. My 90 year old Mom phoned last night and said she had sore arms........... sore arms from reaching up and cheering so much as she watched the tele yesterday.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #37

Registry
I am often asked by family and friends why in the world I volunteer so much time to working on ski races often for days at a time in some pretty ugly conditions whether it be with World Cup athletes or the tiny tots first race. Love doing them all.

Well today they got the answer! Two of our local alpine kids on the podium - have watched them grow up to become amazing Ladies! Gold and Silver!! Priceless as they say!

All I need as motivation to sign up for another 4 years of it! LOL

So proudly Canadian today I really don't care who wins the hockey game!!! LOL
Old 02-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #38

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Carol Ann's employer sent out an email to all employees asking them to watch the Olympics on cable TV.

They reminded them that every location has a TV which they are welcome to watch. Seems that eveyone trying to sneak a view streaming over the internet was bogging down their servers. They've got a big IT department with multiple servers spread out over multiple locations. Apparently those that wanted or had to work - couldn't.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #39

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
olympics

I heard that in addition to the bet that President Obaha had for a case of beer with the Canadian prime minister, they also had a side bet that the loser would have to keep Justin Beiber
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #40
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
, they also had a side bet that the loser would have to keep Justin Beiber
Hey pal, that is not fair. Beiber likes California. We would be willing to sell him to you. Name your price. We will pay it.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote