on the brighter side - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
on the brighter side

I purchased this little gem a week ago today.
It hadn't been used for 3 years and needed a thoroough clean up including the potty.
I had never used one let alone see one.
I attempted to drain it by taking the cap off the outside drain. A little bit of water drained out, must have been seepage. I spotted a little handle and tried pulling it. No luck nothing moved. Got out the wd40 and sprayed it a bit.
Still no luck. I figured this lever had to do something so got rid of the pail as it was in the way. I gace a couple of good strong yanks and s_ _ _ came flying out and I was right there. Will know better next time!!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:46 PM   #2

:sick
Sorry. It's called a learning process.But you may have saved someone else doing the same thing. Public Education at work and no tax dollars involved.
Jean

Old 08-16-2003, 06:24 AM   #3

Trailering mistakes

Hey, Jim :wave

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you think you're the only one that's done things like this, check this out.

BTW, these are only the ones that are admitted to. Believe me, there are countless other stories that have gone untold.

Welcome to trailering. ;)

<a href="http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php?TID=505&page=1#3321" target="_blank">Dumbest Trailering Thing I've Ever Done
</a>

Old 08-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Jim Tower

I purchased this little gem a week ago today.
It hadn't been used for 3 years and needed a thoroough clean up including the potty.
I had never used one let alone see one.
I attempted to drain it by taking the cap off the outside drain. A little bit of water drained out, must have been seepage. I spotted a little handle and tried pulling it. No luck nothing moved. Got out the wd40 and sprayed it a bit.
Still no luck. I figured this lever had to do something so got rid of the pail as it was in the way. I gace a couple of good strong yanks and s_ _ _ came flying out and I was right there. Will know better next time!!
Oh! Jim :laugh I smell your pain. I was thinking your going to get 'stuff' all over the yard. Somebody stop him! then you said bucket. a short lived sigh of relief. Move the Bucket!!! :nope hope you weren't looking up the pipe at the time. lesson learned the hard way. :wak read that topic Suz gave you, you'll feel better.

Old 08-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #5

Jim ... been there, done that ... and still do it.

Not too long ago, I hooked up the sewer hose, not realizing the little nubbin that holds it tightly to the drain had broken ... so when I pulled the lever, I filled my shoes when the hose broke away.

I stand back a little farther when I pull the lever these days!

Old 08-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #6

the porto potty and the dump station

Shoes what shoes socks what socks never had em really , oh plastic bags on my feet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hummmmmm i might go wadeing in the lake !!! yeah
yeah thats it iam getting ready to go wadeing in the lake !
and thats the truth phfffffffffffft and iam sticking to it
:cheers

Old 08-19-2003, 06:27 AM   #7

expressions of interest

Jim, where do you think the expression "OH S_ _T" !! came from?

I think you've been christened....:o