Opinions about buying without an AC Unit? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #41

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
changes

although scamp is a not

huge company they do have deadlines to meet you know promises.

I ran a business all sales were done at the customers business we were busy from opening to closing with all the orders restocking our shelve there was a ton of work to do.

if someone showed up personaly to our place it disrupted the whole day. in scamps place special things slow down their work. I get the feeling they run a pretty lean operation.

sometimes what we think is easy is not easy on the other end. I do think scamp is a very acomadating co.

bob

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #42

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Escape also has a la cartel pricing, .
Sorry no cartels in Canada, think you have to go to Mexico to find one

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:11 PM   #43

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I purposely ordered my Escape 5.0TA without air conditioning.
Donna you may wish you had AC while camped in a parking lot at the Red River Ex grounds in August, mind you you likely won't have power anyway so it's a moot point. We're requesting a power site because of Beth's CPAP machine but might not need it anyway since our new to us trailer will have dual six volt, solar and inverter. The weather that weekend in August can be very hot. At our first MB rally glad we had power site and when people came to visit during open house I couldn't get them to leave

Adrian
Old 01-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #44

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
i agree with thrifty bill. i would never own a trailer without ac and furnace. i'm full timing and travel all over the country (gotta love retirement!). i've experienced all sorts of weather, sometimes within just days of travel. i'm never going to be uncomfortable in my "home" for a minute. get the ac and furnace, you won't regret it.
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #45
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Sorry no cartels in Canada, think you have to go to Mexico to find one

Adrian
If you had read this entire thread, you would have seen that Floyd already caught that one and in post 37 I indicated that it was a result of auto correct. However, if I were you, I wouldn’t make a blanket statement that there are no cartels in Canada, given the actual definition of cartel, which definitely is not exclusive to those in the drug business. And I do hope you thought you had a good laugh at my expense....
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #46

Manitoba
Carl I guess I didn't read well enough through the posts but yes I did enjoy a good laugh, I guess autocorrect doesn't work when you write French!

And I just now realized that you are that C&G in FL on that other forum.

I note you have the 2.7 EB in a 2015 same as us, now we're off the AC topic anyway how do you like it for towing the 5.0TA? We love ours for the 5.0 and hope it'll be just as good with our new to us 5.0TA.

Adrian
Old 01-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #47
CPW

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Carl I guess I didn't read well enough through the posts but yes I did enjoy a good laugh, I guess autocorrect doesn't work when you write French!

And I just now realized that you are that C&G in FL on that other forum.

I note you have the 2.7 EB in a 2015 same as us, now we're off the AC topic anyway how do you like it for towing the 5.0TA? We love ours for the 5.0 and hope it'll be just as good with our new to us 5.0TA.

Adrian
Adrian,
First, let me clarify......I was just good naturedly ďbusting your chopsĒ as the expression goes. I got a good laugh when Floyd picked up on it. I donít know whether or not to turn auto correction off. Either way it is PITA. If I used my computer when I am on the forums, I would turn it off. But I use my iPhone and the small keyboard leads to typos.....so I leave it on and though I try to catch things, I end up with a ďcartel.Ē
Didnít you buy your 5.0 from Alf and Mary Anne? They supposedly left this morning for Florida and will be spending a couple of weeks in the now infamous Campsite #1. Well, actually Campsite #1 (Temp) because I had to put new turf in the actual #1; it was chewed up by the equipment used by the tree people who were removing a rather large oak tree that was on its last legs, or should I say itís last roots. The we will be spending a couple of weeks in Sebring attending Scamp Camp.
As to your question, you will have no problem with the 2.7 EB and the 5.0TA. Itís not quite as peppy as the 3.5 EB it replaced. The 3.5 was a rocket, but the 2.7 gets better mileage both towing and unconnected. And I got the larger fuel tank in the switch. The 2.7 is more of a jet rather than a rocket. I donít think you will note too much difference between the 5.0 and 5.0TA. And Iím sure you will like the greater space of the TA compared to its predecessor.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #48

Manitoba
Yes Carl we did buy our 5.0 from Alf and Mary Anne and I did know they enjoy camping at your site #1. We shall likely be in FL in March but likely only at Destin, going with our daughter and her girls from their home at Fort Benning, so won't make it down your way...but maybe next winter

Looks like we might be having to head from GA in April direct to BC (not a trip I relish) to sell our 5.0 and pick up what we hope to get - a 2016 5.0TA. We had hoped for May-June exchange and attend the Escape rally but that now won't work.

Adrian
Old 01-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #49
CPW

Florida
Registry
I actually have space and water/30 amp for two trailers. Let me know if you want to take advantage of free “camping.” It is a rural area, however.
Yes, Columbus, GA, to BC is not a drive that is quick or easy. The worst part for me is crossing the prairie; not a heck of a lot to see. And if you are in a rush, that makes it worse.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #50

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I actually have space and water/30 amp for two trailers. Let me know if you want to take advantage of free ďcamping.Ē It is a rural area, however.
Yes, Columbus, GA, to BC is not a drive that is quick or easy. The worst part for me is crossing the prairie; not a heck of a lot to see. And if you are in a rush, that makes it worse.
Thanks for the offer Carl and you don't have to tell me about the prairie, don't forget I live on the prairie in the Red River valley, absolutely flat.

Adrian
Old 01-28-2018, 01:48 AM   #51

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
I have an AC unit but I usually boondock so I never use it.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote