Ordered a new Escape 21 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Wink Ordered a new Escape 21

We sold our Casita yesterday and are now awaiting the productin of our Escape. Mixed feelings bks we've had a buncha fun w the Cassie, but since we ordered it we have had a potload of grandkids come along and now even the kids are suddenly intersted in camping..so the 2 person Cassie just had to go. Still could not go 'sticky" so off we will go to Canada when the new E-21 one is ready.

Small world..the Casita's buyer is from my wife's old hometown neighborhood and he turned out to be a retired Nuclear Engineer ....who just happened to be one of the guys who helped design and build the very nuke submarine on which our son NOW serves..as the Nuclear Reactor PO1 Smal world! ;-)
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Woohoo, congratulations to you! If it's not too much trouble, would you mind ordering me one too, and have it shipped to me? (I can dream, can't I?)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
We sold our Casita in May of this year, had a lot of good memories with it and I always think of it for those reasons. We looked at the Escape, Bigfoot, and Oliver and our main concerns were the sleeping arrangements the floor plans offered. It came down to the Escape 5.0, the Escape 21 just didn't offer a twin bed model which we wanted, the Bigfoot 25 was just a little too big for our needs, but did offer twin beds, so it came down to the Oliver which offered everything we wanted and its a top quality trailer, so after much thought we went with the Oliver. I hope you ordered your 21 Escape with the U Shaped Dinette, just seems to me the way to go if your are taking the grand kids, more seating room to eat, etc. Good Luck, good choice.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #4

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Thumbs up U??

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
We sold our Casita in May of this year, had a lot of good memories with it and I always think of it for those reasons. We looked at the Escape, Bigfoot, and Oliver and our main concerns were the sleeping arrangements the floor plans offered. It came down to the Escape 5.0, the Escape 21 just didn't offer a twin bed model which we wanted, the Bigfoot 25 was just a little too big for our needs, but did offer twin beds, so it came down to the Oliver which offered everything we wanted and its a top quality trailer, so after much thought we went with the Oliver. I hope you ordered your 21 Escape with the U Shaped Dinette, just seems to me the way to go if your are taking the grand kids, more seating room to eat, etc. Good Luck, good choice.

trainman
WE have looked at both dinettes, in various campgrounds..and decided the std dinette was what we wanted..the 'U' seemed too 'crowded' for all the feet underneath. We did spring for the "extra wardrobe cabinet" above the 2 drawer cabinet [at the foot of the bed]..we also had them flip the other cabinet, so that both big cabinets are at the top..just looked better to my wife and we are putting the MW under the stove anyways. She does not like reaching UP to put stuff into of out of a MW

Also adding 3 flip-up counter extensions [incl one in the dinette, to use as a bedside table for those sleeping in the dinette area]. Also adding a sink which is about double the size of std sink..Holly hates tiny RV sinks.
ETI will install just about any sink you want..we ordered it and had it shipped directly up there. Interesting that adding that "big extra wardrobe cabinet" is NOT officially in the Escape adv materials..we just saw one in a CG and Holly loved it..and ETI said no problemo! Looking forward to the trip 'up there' to pick her up..next Spring ...after the thaw! ;-)
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Congrats on your purchase, you will love the trailer. Many more great camping events to come, eh?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape