Our 2015 recently purchased new Oliver Legacy Elite trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II 23' 6"
New York
Oliver number 78 - Our recently purchased new Oliver Legacy Elite II Trailer

We picked up our Oliver on April 29th In Hohenwald Tennessee & after a few weeks of traveling we headed back up north to our home in upstate NY. After putting down 25 ton of driveway stone & large rip rap slope rocks I finally finished the area to accommodate the trailer. Next will be the pole barn(carport) in which it will be parked underneath. My wife & I would like to thank the folks at Oliver for the first class customer service we received which made this purchase a Five Star experience , from the original factory tour to the day of pickup. Dealing with Tommy, Robert, Dustin & Steve was a real pleasure. We are quite pleased with our purchase & know that if any issues need to be addressed down the road the Oliver family will be there. Finally, if anyone is thinking about purchasing a new Oliver & can not get to the Oliver Plant we would be more than happy to let you see our Oliver. We our located in Glenville NY, about a half hour from Albany NY. .... John & Gwen Cole
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01649.JPG   DSC01647.JPG  

John Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Congrats. Will you be going to the nearby fiberglass ramble in August? I'd love to see your new pride and joy.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

Name: Elly
Trailer: (Former) Casita 17 SD
Florida
Congratulations! Safe travels always.
Elly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Just across the Hudson River from us.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #5

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Sweet looking combo.
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Awesome. Congratulations.
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #7

Name: Shelly
Trailer: Casita LD 17'
North Carolina
I would like to see some inside pictures as well. TFS. Safe travels.
Gourdamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:04 PM   #8

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
John,

Congratulations and welcome to the Ollie family. As others have said, that sure is a nice looking combo you have there. What type TV is that? It looks like a perfect wind blocker for the Elite II.

Pete
Ollie # 14
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Neato for you!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #10

New York
Fiberglass Ramble In August ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Congrats. Will you be going to the nearby fiberglass ramble in August? I'd love to see your new pride and joy.

Walt
Hi Walt , Can you or someone else fill us in as to where & the dates in Aug. 2015 ?. I am sure we can find the time to spend at least 1 day/night, probably a Sat. since it sounds like we would be less than an hour travel time away .... John & Gwen Cole
Old 05-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #11

New York
Nissan 2013 NV3500 HD Cargo Van & Oliver #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
John,

Congratulations and welcome to the Ollie family. As others have said, that sure is a nice looking combo you have there. What type TV is that? It looks like a perfect wind blocker for the Elite II.

Pete
Ollie # 14
Hi Pete: Thanks. The rig is a 2013 Nissan NV3500 HD cargo van that we purchased new in the spring of 2014. It's Nissan's heavy duty commercial cargo van; it came with no cargo area windows; all metal and empty inside. I had all the windows put in by a commercial window company along with running boards. Then later, a friend who is retired made us some custom cabinets that we mounted on the inside walls with two more mounted up front on the floor in front of the two twin beds. Also for the inside, I put in a partial floor and a captains chair; along with the added two twin beds; covered the walls with port hole windows to the outside (so my cats would just see enough activity to not make them nervous while travelling). I covered the ceiling. It's great when taking trips. When I get tired I can pull over and take a nap for a few hours and then proceed on to our destination. The van handled real well and the last trip we took to Tennessee to tow our trailer back home, we averaged about 12.5 mpg. I didn't think that was too bad considering the van has a big Titan V8. With all my add on's the curb weight is now about 7300 pounds(recently weighed) with a full tank of gas(28 gallons) & me as the driver. You are correct...the van is only a few inches shorter than the rear of the trailer which has the air conditioner. It pulls straight; you wouldn't know it was behind you..... John & Gwen Cole
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01648.JPG  
Old 05-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #12

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Aug 14-16, 2015 - Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble will be on the west side of the Hudson River at Halfmoon NY, just north of Albany NY. More information to be posted soon, and follow the The Fiberglass RV Community thread at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...6-a-69577.html
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #13

Name: Shelly
Trailer: Casita LD 17'
North Carolina
OK now I want pictures of the inside of that van too.
Gourdamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #14

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Congratulations on your Oliver, John! We looked at someone's and it was beautiful. That is a very clever van conversion you did.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #15

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Love the combination. Would like to see interior pics of the van also.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourdamental View Post
OK now I want pictures of the inside of that van too.
I will take some pic's of the inside of the van tomorrow, the Oliver has the twin bed layout. Same as on the Oliver web site with TV, Frig, & Microwave. I will take a few of those also. I am not a big fan of graphics on vehicles, that is why I left them off the trailer as well as all of Olivers logo's except their name in small print toward the back on each side.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #17

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Congratulations. You will love the Ollie more and more as you live in it. We bought our Setting Sail, hull #64 in December and have had four great trips to date. I find myself wishing for the road these days. You may follow our travels if you wish...www.emeraldcoastcamper.com

"Hail to the rest of the road"Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1432688566.682770.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	84528

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #18

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Congratulations on your Oliver, John! We looked at someone's and it was beautiful. That is a very clever van conversion you did.
Thanks ... Originally we had been looking at new Class B RV vans like the Roadtrek models but we could not justify the insane prices. Their prices can range from $85,000 upwards well over $100,000. All of the plush extras that run the prices so high we did not want. We wanted a tow vehicle that could be used as a basic camper/sleeper & have room for our cats to be free behind us , to sleep/eat with the use of the kitty(poop)box. I decided to surf the web for do it yourself ideas. After a year of surfing the web looking at customized non commercial RV vans , we went to a local Nissan dealer who had a few leftover high top cargo vans. I had to be able to stand up in the cargo area & it had to be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. I was quite surprised to find that it was designed to be a heavy duty hauler as well have all the bells /whistles of a luxury pickup truck. The best part is even after the initial cost of the vehicle, combined with the cost to have the custom windows / running boards installed & customizing the cargo area to our needs we saved a boat load of money. The money we saved by not shelling out for a new RV van as our tow vehicle paid for the Oliver.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:41 AM   #19

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Best Tandem I've seen yet!`~

By far the best tandem we have seen yet! My husband and I have been looking at the NVP 3500 V8 for a long time now. We are sure it would be the best TV out there. We were thinking of purchasing the NVP and adding a high roof top, but we never even thought of purchasing the Cargo and adding windows. Brilliant!
We too are thinking of the room the pets would have. Anyway.....
"thank you" for sharing and I too would love to see the inside of the NV3500 and what you have done to make it "yours!"

Linda
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:55 AM   #20

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpetguy View Post
Congratulations. You will love the Ollie more and more as you live in it. We bought our Setting Sail, hull #64 in December and have had four great trips to date. I find myself wishing for the road these days. You may follow our travels if you wish...www.emeraldcoastcamper.com

"Hail to the rest of the road"Attachment 84528

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Nice ....I like how you named it. That is one of the reasons we left the Oliver logo off that part of our trailer, so we could put our own there if we choose to do so.

Tags
oliver