Our longest stay in the Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Last night was our 31st night sleeping and living in our egg. We left home June 5, two nights to get to Black Hills in SD, 6 nights camping the the Hills near Custer, 2 nights at Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park and 22 nights "camping in my son driveway". Last night made it a total of 31 nights. We are waiting on our second grandaughter to be born. July 5th was the due date, maybe tonight. Showering and using the toilet in there house exept at night and when their bathroom is occupied, we dump the black and grey water once a week. There is a free dumpsite 3 or 4 blocks in the very small town they live in (in the Minot, ND area). The 3 1/2 layers of foam egg crate padding has made the bed very comfortable. With the egg, we have our own privacy and gives them their own. We are in our own bed each night. We have had a great time enjoying our almost 2 grandaughter and allowing her to get to know Papa and Grandma. The egg has been great, we have learned to mover around each other. Not bad for about 10' of living space.

AW
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Paul Kaplan Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Kaplan
Quote:
Last night was our 31st night sleeping and living in our egg. We left home June 5, two nights to get to Black Hills in SD, 6 nights camping the the Hills near Custer, 2 nights at Theodore Roosevelt Nat'l Park
AW
Where did you cam in the Black Hills and Roosevelt Nat'l Park? Heading there this summer on my way back from picking up my Scamp at the factory.

Thanks!

And best wishes for you and your family and your new grandbaby!
Paul Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Talking

Quote:
Where did you camp in the Black Hills and Roosevelt Nat'l Park? Heading there this summer on my way back from picking up my Scamp at the factory.
Black Hills Nat'l Forest Bismarck Lake Campground out of Custer, SD
Cottonwood Campground Theodore Roosevelt Nat’l Park’s South Unit
We have also stayed at North & South Stockade Lake campgrounds also just out of Custer (Custer State Park). The North is a reservable, as are some of the site at Bismarck Lake. We spent more time at the South non-reserve campground. Bismarck Lake Campground sites are not as close as the others, but do not have showers.

The log of the trip to the Black Hills & T. Roosevelt NP: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=30221

Sorry, but first photo is of a campground in Colorado. Second Photo is at Devils Tower Nat'l Park which isn't to far from the Black Hills and 3rd Photo is the South Stockade Lake .
Attached Thumbnails
South_Meadow_CG_Woodland_Park__CO.jpg   Scamp_and_Ranger.jpg  

Attached Images

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
We often stop in for a few days at relatives homes on our various sorties. The Scamp works out great for this as you have reported. Usually 2 or 3 days is our limit, however I can understand the reason for an extended stay.

We did a week stay and our son-in-law and daughter's new home. It was a busy week putting a vegetable garden in and doing a bunch of small 'finish jobs' on the new house. They were happy for the new towel racks, door stops, drawer pulls, etc.

Anyway, congrats on the new member to your family. These are exciting times!
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp