Our New Addition - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 1979 Surfside / 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Hello everyone! We are definately new to this game although having previously owned a camper, this Surfside is our first trailer. Having never towed anything in our lives, we can't wait to practice!

We would like to thank all of you for all the useful information on this forum. It's really amazing when you go out and search for the "one" knowing what to look for and what not to.

After bringing "Mello Yellow" home, we have discovered our cranking windows are not working properly. If anyone could direct us to the right site, it would be grando appreciated!

Other than this minor problem, we are SOOOO happy with our purchase. It's a beauty! Working on updating the curtains and upholstery. FUN FUN FUN!

Will attempt to post pictures later.
Tony and Karolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #2

Hello again, I think we have the pictures thing worked out.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01335.jpg   DSC01336.jpg  

DSC01337.jpg  
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I like the color. How about some interior pictures?

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 AM   #4

Okay, here there are
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01341.jpg   DSC01342.jpg  

Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Congratulations on your trailer! Hopefully someone can answer your window question soon.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Congratulations on your new baby. It looks like a beauty. Your local RV place will have all the parts needed to fix your windows. Does anyone know how to cut the window frame to install the mechanism without removing the whole thing. It was in the old posts I think.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #7

Thanks Barbara! We are new to Kelowna but have just found a great RV repair shop! I swear, Dan, the owner, stocks just about everything and what he doesn't have will order for you! Amazing! We'll have the window issue resolved in no time!

The weather is beautiful and we've neglected the yard enough! Quick cut and we'll be back to playing "trailer" shortly!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Wow! What a nice-looking trailer! I didn't know that Surfsides looked so good inside! Congratulations on your purchase. You're going to love your fiberglass RV!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #9

Trailer: 1977 Surfside Triple E TM14
hi
We bought a 1977 surfside trailer last fall. Camped in it September long weekend and figured out what we had to do to restore this fantastic trailer. We have had tents, tent trailers and even a "westy" and so far this is starting to feel as good as when we had the "westy". Last month we took it to our friend who is a car body man and a fantastic painter, who did it proud. We also took all the windows out and put them back proerly with the proper seaant. (care of this site)

Silver & Blue! Matches the silver on our Equinox 05. It sits in our drive way now, calling to us every day, help me enjoy a road trip!!!!!!
Before we head out this summer for weekend camping trips around Manitoba, Canada., we have to sew curtains (Free blinds for any one, come and get them) and we have to find a seal for the door and proper hinges. Looking at the pictures on this site, I now know what type and size I have to get for the hinges and have to find local stores for other items.

After seeing quite a few for sale and the poor conditions people let them get into, it is no wonder everyone is repairing them as soon as they buy them, but once we have done this, there is no way we are letting this babay go unattended again.
I would like to know "surfside" owners if you have any information, picture and advice on repairs/replacements.

Thanks and talk to you soon.

Kathy E.
Evinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, guys, and congratulations on finding a just-right-for-you trailer. What a wonderful find it is! Wishing you safe journeys and LOTS of happy memories. Hope our paths cross down the road. L 'n D
Old 05-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #11

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Tony, Karolyn,

Very nice trailer indeed. I'm sure you'll love escaping in it.

Safe travels.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #12

Trailer: 1977 Surfside Triple E TM14
--><div class='quotemain'>
Tony, Karolyn,

Very nice trailer indeed. I'm sure you'll love escaping in it.

Safe travels.
[/quote]

Thanks, we went camping in it this long weekend and not one leak after redoing the windows with a paint job. I'm pleased. been reading all the posts since this site strted and I am impressed on how many folks there are owning and sharing information on their fiber glass trailers. I think I will get the hang of this site and put some pictures onto it. I was very impressed with the people who painted inside all white and put in the pernament bed. That looks like a great idea as we always cook out side and would only use the trailer for sleeping. Thanks so much for all the information people it is a great help. I went to the auto reckers and grab the weather stipping off two van (plymouth or cara van) and it fits our door perfect. two new hinges from Lee valley but they do not hinge from the middle so it makes the door holder useless, but look great and hold the door solid.

Will keep reading for more help.

Kathy
Evinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote