Our new, made in California Trillium...we finally own one!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Dear Fiberglass RV enthusiasts,

After much research, planning and disecting this wonderful website, (coulda na dun it wit out ya) we are now the proud owners of a 13ft. Trillium, made in California by Tom Young of TrilliumRV, who is now working with the folks in Chilliwack, B.C., home of Escape Trailers. Tom delivered it about a week ago and we have already taken it to a local state park here in Ohio for the weekend (see attached photos). If you would like to see pictures, just ask and I will post them.

We could not be happier with the workmanship, styling, form, function and overall sweetness of this rig. It was well worth waiting for, purchased sight unseen, based on the overall endorsement on this website of Tom Young and the Trillium brand. After a few phone conversations with Tom I knew I was dealing with an honest fellow and had no qualms about spending the money on something I had never touched or seen with my own eyes. My wife an I were able to have him stay with us overnight and we were able to get a real education about our trailer and the Fiberglass Rv industry as well.

I plan on posting as many pictures (need to know how to do this first) of the interior and exterior as you like and I will be glad to answer as many questions as you like about our lovely trailer. If you are really, really interested in it we invite you to Columbus, Ohio, where we can give you a tour.

We are looking forward to spring break (we are teachers) when we head for Charleston, South Carolina. If you would like to see it, let me know and maybe we can meet you along the way if you are as serious as I was about buying one last summer.

It feels so good to own one of these little eggs. We are so glad we opted for a 13 footer without a bathroom. For avid tent campers and backpackers, it's all we really needed and even our weak Ford Freestar minivan (tow cap. of 2000 lbs.) pulled it without a problem.

Lloyd & Barbara Cicetti Columbus, Ohio
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Lloyd and Barbara... Congraduations... on the new "Glass". Must be a real change from a tent!!! Take a peek at Shrink Pictures dot com, as they give a great walk you thru, getting pictures ready to post here. (I WANNA see... I WANNA see) I chose 350 pixel size and they do all the rest.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Congratulations Lloyd and Barbara!!! I'm glad you're so happy with your new Trillium. I'd love to see lots of photos of it! If you're wondering how to post photos, it might be helpful to read Gina's tutorial. Remember to resize photos to no larger than 600 pixels wide or high before trying to upload them here. Good luck!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Wow! Glad to hear that they make a great trailer! I'd been looking at their website for some time and thinking that it was great to see the Trillium back again! Congratulations!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I can't wait to see pictures

See if this tutorial will help with the resizing:
Resize Picture Help Using "Shrink Pictures" site
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats! Enjoy!

I had the chance to speak with Tom on several occasions last year when we were looking for a fiberglass travel trailer. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable, helpful. Only problem I was set on a bathroom, didn't care what length but had to have a bathroom. At that point he wasn't making them. Glad to hear he was as nice as I thought. Again Congrats! Have a wonderful time with it and please do post some pic's! Robin
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
My method of shrinking pics it to email it to myself. MS asks if you want to shrink the picture, I say yes, then save it in a special file when I open the email and it is ready to go. A 444Kb picture will change into a 70Kb with little loss in clarity. Then I cut it even smaller by just selecting the part of the picture I want to use as small as 17Kb. These numbers apply to my personal photo.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
If you crop it (selecting only the part your want) before emailing it Roger, we can zoom in later on and get better detail.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
lloyd, To post a pic all you have to do is Post a post or post a reply and have your picture saved in your pictures on your computer, as long as you get this little box that you type your post into to come up then you can post a pic, Look down at the right side just a little below the box and you will see a Browse button. Click on it, another box appears so browse for your picture that you want to post, click on the picture you want to highlight. Then click Ok, Now the info on your pic will come up in the box next to the browse button on your post, click the UPLOAD button and you will get a whole nother box that will tell you that your picture was successful then all you gotta to do is hit Add Reply just as you do any time you post a topic or reply to a topic. If you need to resize and you have a PC you can resize in Paint. I have yet to have issues here with size of my pictures but if you do and need a walk thru doing it with paint, just let me know. Hurry we all wanta see the cute little egg. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Lloyd, now you will have to come to the Ohio gathering in Sept. Lots of Casita owners go, but it is open to anyone. We all love seeing other trailers. We had our first U-haul last year and I think there was one Scamp. We even had one couple come with a motor home. In the past we have had a person interested in Casita bring a tent so he could check them out.

Watch the postings for the details and we would love to see you there. Terry
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Quote:
Lloyd, now you will have to come to the Ohio gathering in Sept. Lots of Casita owners go, but it is open to anyone. We all love seeing other trailers. We had our first U-haul last year and I think there was one Scamp. We even had one couple come with a motor home. In the past we have had a person interested in Casita bring a tent so he could check them out.

Watch the postings for the details and we would love to see you there. Terry
Terry, now that I am an owner, I will check this forum more regularly...I stopped checking once I made my decision to buy a Trillium. Then I waited for delivery. Now that I have it, I will be more curious and ask more questions about rving.

See you in Sept.

Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
EXCELLENT! I am excited for you and hope to see pics soon!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium