We picked up our new Scamp
16 from Backus on Tuesday. We did go with our original plan - an all electric number 7 layout. Feels very roomy inside. It towed very well behind our 2010 Tacoma V-6 4WD extended cab pickup and we averaged 16 MPG at 60-65 MPH.
The features/options we requested were all in place and working well. This trailer has:
- AC with heat strip
- No propane
- we use a butane stove to cook and a Mr. Heater Buddy to take the chill off when no electric
- Gray water tank
- One faucet for water from the freshwater tank and another for city water. No water heater. We only use hot water for washing dishes and hands.
- Porta-potti - almost every where we go has bathroom/shower facilities
- 3 speed Fantastic Fan
- Bat wing antenna for television
- Extra lights
, 110 and 12 volt outlets and exterior 110 volt ground fault outlet
Mods in progress or planned:
- MaxxAir 2 cover for Fantastic Fan and blackout shade inside
- MaxxAir vents for rear side windows
- White poly tongue storage box
- Front couch/bunk changed to full time mattress with removable back support for daytime use as couch
- Modified cushions for side dinette - it will never be used as a bed and the current cushions are a bit thicker than necessary for just sitting
- Sound system
- Maple or birch cabinet doors
- Shelves in closet
- Smart porch light
I’m sure we will be adding to the mod list after we tour other eggs at the April Eggscursion in Tennessee.
This is Exciting!
Dan and Sue
P.S. Pictures as I get to it.