Outdoor Chairs - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #41

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
Which model Strongback do you have?
If that was for me... I tried out Bob's chairs at a rally. Now I'm getting at least one for me. He has the larger size.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #42

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Do you guys find the strongback cuts into your legs with the cross bracing? I've always been told to avoid the cross bracing chairs, but these do look nice! Thanks!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I have a Renetto Canopy Chair. Available in Extra Capacity sizes (325 lb capacity) as well as a child's version & a beach chair.

If you camp in the desert or other places with hot sun, it is great to have the built in sunshade. We bought them for outdoor concerts, but I love it for traveling since it folds into a relatively small space, and is comfortable.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #44

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Have two Strongback chairs. They are the most comfortable chairs of their type. I've never felt any of the bracing cutting into me plus, unbelievable as this may sound, they provide lumbar support. Their are, I believe, two sizes. They're pricey for this type of chair but worth every penny in my opinion.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #45

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I like the old fashioned aluminum frame web chairs. Lightweight to carry from campfire to campfire. A paper towel drys them off if dew or rains hits them. I've had back surgery. Some of the fabric/canvas chairs are comfortable for about 2 minutes... then, oh my aching back.

My very favorite though is the Lafuma!
Me Too!!LaFuma Zero Gravity Clip Recliner

I can recline back in it, stretch out and fall asleep in minutes...or, just sit up in it. Its costly but for comfort, worth every penny. Best place for outside naps, ever! I found it to be cheaper to buy directly from LaFuma rather than from Amazon, something I don't see often.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #46

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Hubby and I have no problems with the Strongbacks. Maybe there is somewhere reasonably close to home that you could visit so you can sit in one?
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #47

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hussey View Post
Me Too!!LaFuma Zero Gravity Clip Recliner

I can recline back in it, stretch out and fall asleep in minutes...or, just sit up in it. Its costly but for comfort, worth every penny. Best place for outside naps, ever! I found it to be cheaper to buy directly from LaFuma rather than from Amazon, something I don't see often.
Exactly my feeling John. I love my LaFuma recliner. Nothing else the same, even the knock-offs. I consider it one-and-done.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:15 AM   #48

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
We just bought two zero gravity recliners from camping world. Set them up at home and we think they will be fine. Also will use them at home on our deck. Got them both, I think they were two for $109. We also bought the Clam 660 screen room, so we are getting ready, Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #49

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Exactly my feeling John. I love my LaFuma recliner. Nothing else the same, even the knock-offs. I consider it one-and-done.
Donna, can you quantify some differences between the LaFuma and the generic zero gravity recliners you've been in? I have one I bought at Kohl's and like it fairly well, but it's not perfect; I tend to slide downward in the webbing and have to boost myself back up periodically, so I guess I wish it had a more pronounced cavity for my butt. But that's a small gripe.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #50

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Donna, can you quantify some differences between the LaFuma and the generic zero gravity recliners you've been in? I have one I bought at Kohl's and like it fairly well, but it's not perfect; I tend to slide downward in the webbing and have to boost myself back up periodically, so I guess I wish it had a more pronounced cavity for my butt. But that's a small gripe.
I'm interested, too- can't imagine one that is more comfortable than the ones I have (two different kinds).

Maybe at NOG we should have a blind recliner test!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #51

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
I'M NOT DONNA BUT I'LL OPINE. I have a LaFuma.

I heard about LaFuma but about all I could find were knockoffs to sit in and try, trying to discover just what the hype was about, mostly at various times at Camping World or a big box store or two. I tried many different brands. Then I happened to stumble upon a LaFuma, liked it, searched the 'net & bought one direct. They do cost more. Jury is out on whether it will last longer or not but, for me, it reclines like I am snoozing on air. I spent a little more and got the clip variety instead of the webbing, thinking I may have to change it out one day. I bought the regular size for normal weight and it is still bulky to store. I keep it stored in the shower, or the Jeep's rear seat when the bicycle is not there. What I need is a four door Jeep!
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote