Outing debrief - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Outing debrief

Just returned from a nice weekend in an Ohio state park not very far from home. We had a nice weekend. Hiked, cooked, played games, slept well, met a few nice people. The park was a good 2/3 full on Friday but dropped to half full by Saturday night. They were not allowing people to just drop in. Reservations were required.

I thought people might like to hear how things worked under caronavirus rules. First, all common areas were closed except for bathrooms and shower houses. There was a three person limit for the johns and showers. I do think most people were using their campers or toilet screens. The guidelines recommended self contained camping. The camp store, nature center, park office, playgrounds, picnic pavilions, etc were all closed. There were signs about social distancing to remind everyone about the situation. I did notice that people took that rule to heart. Whenever you saw people talking there was definitely more space between people than normal. My only observation to the contrary was the kidos. They were playing together on bikes and scooters. We saw plenty of scraped knees on the hill we were set up on. I was ok with what I saw, except for the tears. No playground violators or ball games. As far as I could tell masks were only worn by the employees.

One of our hikes had us drive to the beach area. It was open but not crowded at all. We took our border collie to the pet beach and there was a lady throwing a ball into the lake for her lab to fetch. We chatted a bit but did not let our dogs meet or play. My dog was not happy about that restriction.

All and all I was comfortable with the goings on. One other rule worth mentioning. Only registered guests were permitted in the camp grounds. This did effect us. Our daughter and boy friend would have stopped by to say hi, and some friends did asked to swing by to share a meal. We had to say no, even though I broke our hearts. We haven’t seen our daughter much over the last few months.

I offer this up as information. I hope nobody takes offense. Again, we were comfortable the whole time.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Sounds like you still had a decent good time!
Old 05-25-2020, 04:47 PM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
That’s right, no complaints.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Nice Report. Should give all of Us some hope. The park administrators are just as challenged by this new normal as campers. It’s
Going to take time to sort it all out.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:54 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I wish they would allow this in Ontario.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote