Oxygen Serial Numbers? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #21

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Registry
Curved door

Hi Bezz.
I couldn't help but notice your door is different too. It's actually really cool compared to my boring flat door. I like it! Any problems with your unit?
Im planning some major interior renos on mine this year. Trying to make the table/sitting area more comfy. Those straight back benches kill me!
If anyone has any good ideas, let me know.
Cheers! Pete.
Pete Drewcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:39 PM   #22

Name: Real
Trailer: Bonair
Quebec
Hi Pete,
Door picture
Attached Thumbnails
9C368A44-1688-4BE3-AD33-93DC40AC6529.jpeg  
Bezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #23

Registry
Trade you a door for a toilet! 😊😀😂
Old 03-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A composting toilet could be an option. Many videos on Youtube showing how they work.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:51 PM   #25

Name: Paul
Ontario
Registry
A simpler (and unfortunately more expensive) option may be to replace the toilet with a composting toilet. Options include: C-Head: https://www.c-head.com/ or Air Head: https://airheadtoilet.com/ or Nature's head: https://natureshead.net/

On the plus side: No plumbing is required. No cutting fiberglass. No adding a black water tank. No vent pipe so no cutting holes in the roof. No having to visit a dumping station to clean out the black water tank.

We're thinking about replacing our standard toilet (same set up as shown in the photo) with a C-Head toilet in our Oxygen. The difference is using the C-Head we can route the "liquid" to the black water tank underneath using a Bottom-Exit-Kit: https://www.c-head.com/accessories, instead of using a removable container. I understand you can dispose of the contents in any vault toilet at most parks.

Just a thought.
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #26

Name: Real
Quebec
Hi,
I didn't know this kind of toilet, I will take a serious look.

Thank you all
Bezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:59 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm currently helping a relative rebuilding a 1979 18' Unik fiberglass trailer which originally had a toilet with a small tank under the step like mentioned. After contemplating the options for installing a larger black water tank and plumbing, it was decided to go with a composting toilet instead. It has not been installed yet, hopefully it will be done next spring.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #28

Registry
What a great idea. Have you checked to see if any of those models will fit? I would seriously consider scrapping my stinky toilet for that.
Thanks for posting. Or was that "com" posting? ��
Old 03-02-2021, 08:07 PM   #29

Name: Paul
Ontario
Registry
The Airhead model is the smallest of the three. I have measured and it would easily fit.

The next smallest is the C-Head. The concern with the C-Head is the height of the toilet. Since there's the black tank pedestal under the existing toilet, you have to consider what the height difference would be for ummmm... sitting comfortably. The C-Head Corner model would fit fine. The C-Head Shorty model would be a better height but you give up the option to have a "Bottom Exit Kit". See website for details.

My least favourite option and the largest option is the Nature's Head toilet. Honestly, I haven't bothered to research this option too much. I'm not sure if it would fit.
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #30

Registry
Thanks for the info. I will check them out.
My concern about storing liquid in the tank is that it is the liquid that is so stinky. I think I would use the container for disposal, but let us know how it goes.
Cheers! Pete.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:52 PM   #31

Name: Darlene
Trailer: Bonair Oxgyen
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby C View Post
Mine is a 2002 model, and the last 5 digits are 70074. You could be on to something.

Hmmm.... Ours is dated Oct 2001, but the last 5 numbers are 70113.
Attached Thumbnails
05410B63-6B90-45AC-A472-BFD843F0B167.jpeg  
Datkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:01 PM   #32

Name: Kayc
Trailer: Oxygen bonaire
Wisconsin
Hello! Mine is 2002 ending in 19.
Kayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:20 PM   #33

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
British Columbia
I know this is an old post, but I am wondering where the serial number plate is on other's trailers?
Mine is a weird one, it has a curved door, no toilet/shower, and the fridge is in that location.
It also had no shore power holes cut in the body, so I had to add one.

I have no idea what year mine is, if its a early one or a late one. It seems most photos of interiors do not match what I have.
LongDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:47 AM   #34

Registry
I'd love to see a pic of your unit. In the back of my mind I seem to remember that the first units produced were configured like yours, but I thought they had all been recalled. You might have a collectors edition. 👍
The serial number on mine is located on a plate by the door.
Old 07-24-2023, 10:05 AM   #35

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
British Columbia

This is the second time we have had the camper out, we got it last year and the intention is it would be a guest room at the house. We ended up with the oxygen as not only is it cool, it is less than 8 ft wide, and I only have 7'10" at the narrow point go to behind the house. (this has yet to be tested, I think there will be about an inch clearance on both sides).

The door side with the fridge cutouts, and the curved door

far side, with my new shore power plug. before this, there was a converter in the seat, but it didn't have a method of being connected.

Inside. The Table leg has been replaced with a telescoping mount. The converter can be seen, and the new plugs inside so that guests can plug in their CPAP machine. The cushions have the same fabric as other campers, so thats probably original.

Fridge and cabinet where others have a toilet

Large bed, with a passage, and a fan/vent above. Note there seems to be no lights or wires, the fan is powered off surface mounted wires. This fan isn't factory, it is a normal 13" square that has been cut in. Unknown if there was one here before or if someone cut it in.

Above the table, another vent. This one looks factory, its moulded into the fiberglass. Its 8x8, and leaks. I need to replace this, but all the ones I have seen are much bigger, so I would have to cut it in like the other one.

View of the walkway to get to the bed. Seems other campers don't have this.

Stove and sink. In the cabinet there is a water jug, and the drain goes straight out the side. There is no tank.

View of the door, it is curved but also crooked. I can see why people would rather a flat door.
LongDogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oxygen