Pac and Play...so it begins - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 AM   #1

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Pac and Play...so it begins

We picked the Pac and Play up yesterday. We bought a new tire just to get it home and as soon as we get paid will be buying the match and use the old one as a spare. We got the 13". The lady we bought it from had been putting WD40 on the wheels, so it wasnt hard to take off. What we didnt think about was the leveler/jack. It was rusted pretty tight. After banging it with a sledge, I was asked to help turn the crank. I was told to turn as hard as I can...so I did as I was told...and broke it. So my guy hammered the wheel until it came off...and we could finally haul it. It pulled amazingly well. I was nervous about pulling it...I assume it was very illegal, not having tags and registration, but we did everything we could in out power to get those things, and I needed to drive it to get it weighed anyway. So we got home without incident. First thing we need to replace will be the jack...so we can feel better about it not being proppedd up on a cinder block...and the door window. Someone said they wanted to match the window on the other side? Where is that????
Also, going to go see how to post pics from my hard drive...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2504.jpg   DSC_2508.jpg  

DSC_2510.jpg   DSC_2519.jpg  

Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Congratulations on your purchase. Now the fun begins,keep us posted with all the updates and with photos also. Enjoy your new rig.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #3

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan
We picked the Pac and Play up yesterday. We bought a new tire just to get it home and as soon as we get paid will be buying the match and use the old one as a spare. We got the 13". The lady we bought it from had been putting WD40 on the wheels, so it wasnt hard to take off. What we didnt think about was the leveler/jack. It was rusted pretty tight. After banging it with a sledge, I was asked to help turn the crank. I was told to turn as hard as I can...so I did as I was told...and broke it. So my guy hammered the wheel until it came off...and we could finally haul it. It pulled amazingly well. I was nervous about pulling it...I assume it was very illegal, not having tags and registration, but we did everything we could in out power to get those things, and I needed to drive it to get it weighed anyway. So we got home without incident. First thing we need to replace will be the jack...so we can feel better about it not being proppedd up on a cinder block...and the door window. Someone said they wanted to match the window on the other side? Where is that????
Also, going to go see how to post pics from my hard drive...
Lol PAC and play.... Can you tell I have kids??? Winder how many times I will call it that !?! Lol!!!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
AHhhhh--but after you "pac" it---you get to play!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote