Pack Mule - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
A portable outdoor propane powered firepit (we have two)
A hot diggity dogger (electric hot dog cooker n bun toaster)
An ac/dc wine chiller
one of two electric cork screws (one is ac, one is dc)
small ac/dc vaccuum cleaner
This is the very nicest forum I have ever been on, with no rude comments. So I will try very hard not to be too at this point.

Re "a portable outdoor propane powered firepit (we have two) and a hot diggity dogger (electric hot dog cooker n bun toaster)" -- isn't that what the cooking fire/bbq is for?

And a bag of ice and swiss army knife do the same duty as "An ac/dc wine chiller and
one of two electric cork screws (one is ac, one is dc)."

Or is my leg being pulled here? A vacuum cleaner? OMO! Do ya bring a rake and lawn-mower, too?
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #22

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Or is my leg being pulled here? A vacuum cleaner? OMO! Do ya bring a rake and lawn-mower, too?
Hehehehehe....that's what I like about hearing what other people bring. I look at some of the things others have on their list of "must-have's" and I've been alternatively shocked, surprised, and, I must confess,...ready to steal ideas! Of course, what you pack depends entirely on how long you'll be away - but it's still amazing what we all consider "essentials." And I'm sure those of you with 13-footers will agree, pretty much everything we take is an essential - no room for extras!
For me style is essential. I like living in a pretty place, so everything's matchy-matchy - right down to the sheepskin rug. It's like my little 5-Star hotel. Richard, I'm sure, thinks I'm bonkers, but as long as he has coffee, he's happy.
So - everybody - what do you think is the WEIRDEST thing anyone has ever brought? Any stories out there?

- Miriam

P.S. Charlynn - yes, it's the NICEST forum, isn't it?
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #23

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
Among many of the things mentioned, what was lacking are two of our most important items: plastic flamingo-stemmed wine glasses and a box of wine. Couldn't camp without em!
Lance MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #24

Trailer: Trail Michigante 1972
well it use to be surfboards, trunks, tee shirts, beer/ rum/sleeping bag, know its dutch oven iron skillets fire wood good seating, bino,s dog toys.big duck little duck frogie. whale, rain deer, inside dog bed.out side dog bed& 2 frezbees i always lose one in the woods.sheets blanks comforter.pillows ax .& the list goes on, O the 45& fishing gear shovel, rake 3# sladge hamer& /o yes & ROAD KILL
Lee Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #25

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
I have one of those little vaccums packed, so yes to the vac. I don't know why except I once had carpet so I needed it, then someone browed it to vaccum their AC out so now I must have one with me - - in case someone needs to borrow it?? I don't have carpet any more. maybe I should rethink that.
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #26

Registry
Quote:
I have one of those little vaccums packed, so yes to the vac. I don't know why except I once had carpet so I needed it, then someone browed it to vaccum their AC out so now I must have one with me - - in case someone needs to borrow it?? I don't have carpet any more. maybe I should rethink that.
*wicked, evil grin*
Ah, an ulterior motive emerges. First, I find out what everyone else is bringing to Oregon 2006, then I make a list so I'll know who to borrow from.....*snort*

- Miriam
Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #27

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
*wicked, evil grin*
Ah, an ulterior motive emerges. First, I find out what everyone else is bringing to Oregon 2006, then I make a list so I'll know who to borrow from.....*snort*

- Miriam
Sounds good to me, Leave more room for the wine.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #28

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
This is the very nicest forum I have ever been on, with no rude comments. So I will try very hard not to be too at this point.

Re "a portable outdoor propane powered firepit (we have two) and a hot diggity dogger (electric hot dog cooker n bun toaster)" -- isn't that what the cooking fire/bbq is for?

And a bag of ice and swiss army knife do the same duty as "An ac/dc wine chiller and
one of two electric cork screws (one is ac, one is dc)."

I don't remember if it was asked what all we pack at any one time The appended list is a list of all the "stuff" we have available to take with us. There's just NO way to get half of that stuff loaded inna 13footer The propane powered firepits can be used fore cooking but I'd rather not get the burners all crudded up with grease and other food spillage. The "pits" are used solely for replacement of the real McCoy when we go r.v'n (sheesh I couldn't call it camping...LOL) when there are burn bans in effect. The long stemmers are always packed beside the cork screws though.....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #29

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Im gonna jump on board, I come from a back packing world,So I travel lite! On a short trip, I get in a change of clothes or two, then...

Permanent trailer items include

2 table cloths

frying pan,pot,pyrex dish

4 place set dishes

4 place set silverwear

full size bed set(sheets,comforter,blanket,pillows...)

Compact dvd/tv combo

medical kit

Shaving kit

Tool box

2 sleeping bags'' for bunk beds''

thats about it, my trailer looks pretty empty!
Ryan Kennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #30

Registry
Quote:
Im gonna jump on board, I come from a back packing world,So I travel lite! On a short trip, I get in a change of clothes or two, then...

thats about it, my trailer looks pretty empty!
Welcome, Ryan! Glad you jumped in. That looks like a backpacker's list alright!

- Miriam
Old 03-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #31

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I see somebody else came from the backpacking world. OK.
Some trailer stuff is usually need like chocks, leveler, jack, road flares, etc.

Besides that stuff here's my list.

One maybe two change of clothes. Clothes selection for layering. (the extra change is addition from the backpacking)
Two sleeping bags, sans sleeping pads. (worked good in the tent so will work good in trailer)
Two sleeping bag liners. (Mostly for warm nights when the regular bags are too warm.)
4 pillows. - real luxery items compared to inflatable pillows.
1 1.1 lieter tea pot. (moved up from a .8 lieter)
2 nesting pots, sans handles. Pot lifter works great.
2 Sierria cups. Work for coffee, soup, and dinner plates.
light weight table ware set for 4.
1 Butane lighter to light the stove with. (Matches when backpacking)
2 mini-mag flashlights, the AAA type.
1 Very little folding table.

A hot pad, a dish towel, and a hand towel.
Dr Bronners Soap, small bottle.
One thermos coffee press. (1 lieter, works great and tea pot's just the right size)
Also have a couple soup cups, but I might take them out. I doubt if we'll ever use them.
A digital camera.

No DVD, VCR, TV, Sterio, etc. (PDA, and sometimes an old, old laptop computer, it won't play DVDs.)
One pair of binoculars.

Not a lot of stuff.
One small plastic tub with about a weeks worth of food. We usually add a bit that needs to go in the fridge. A few bottle of soft drinks also go in the fridge.

The tug gets a couple folding chairs and depending on what the plan is backpacks, hiking boots, day packs, and a couple bags of woodcarving tools.

That's pretty much it.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #32

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
In reading other folks' lists... I realize there are two really important things I always take that I forgot to list...

the med kit... always have a well-stocked first aid kit...

and cameras... I always have photo gear along!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #33

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Well, I don't know how unusual these items we take with us are, but here are some:
1) Camera equipment (otherwise I'd never remember where we've been).
2) Broken bat (for swatting flies).
3) Maja's business cards (what kind of weird mutt IS that?).
4) Borrowed Garmin GPS with elevation readout (to let us know what are the high and low points of our trip).
4) Hydrogen peroxide (to help the dog barf up stuff we think of as unsanitary)
5) Cell phone (if there is no reception we know we have gotten far enough away).
6) Notebook for writing down mods (getting too heavy, may have to get another one).
7) DVDs : "Top Secret" and a Pink Martini concert (for when it is pouring outside).
8) Shutterbug Magazine (to convince Kathy that I think of other things than mods).
9) Old plastic urinal (Fill with grape juice. Propose a toast with the people in the next site, watch them gross out).
10) Large can of tomato juice (for skunk encounters).
11) Earplugs (obvious, except that the dog tends to eat them. I'm not telling how I know).
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:30 PM   #34

Registry
Quote:
Well, I don't know how unusual these items we take with us are, but here are some:
1) Camera equipment (otherwise I'd never remember where we've been).
3) Maja's business cards (what kind of weird mutt IS that?).
4) Borrowed Garmin GPS with elevation readout (to let us know what are the high and low points of our trip).
4) Hydrogen peroxide (to help the dog barf up stuff [b]we think of as unsanitary)
5) Cell phone (if there is no reception we know we have gotten far enough away).
6) Notebook for writing down mods (getting too heavy, may have to get another one).
7) DVDs : "Top Secret" and a Pink Martini concert (for when it is pouring outside).
8) Shutterbug Magazine (to convince Kathy that I think of other things than mods).
9) Old plastic urinal (Fill with grape juice. Propose a toast with the people in the next site, watch them gross out).
10) Large can of tomato juice (for skunk encounters).
11) Earplugs (obvious, except that the dog tends to eat them. I'm not telling how I know).

Hydrogen peroxide, tomato juice, earplugs???.....That's not a dog, that's part goat, part NIGHTMARE!

- Miriam
Old 03-31-2006, 02:00 AM   #35

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Miriam:

Our super four-legged traveler chided me for having misrepresented her. I apologized. Sweetest dog we ever had.
Attached Thumbnails
Wet_Puppy.jpg  
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 AM   #36

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Quote:
How big are those flies? if I used a bat, I'd break the table or someth'un
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:45 AM   #37

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I would be a little more concerned about the drinking urinal......
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #38

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
I'm going to be new to my little Scamp, but we have been pop-up campers for years.... and the things I can't do without are: a coffee pot- which we, in the pop up- did an old fashioned perk pot on the stove- but in my Scamp- I can put in an electric drip pot now- for the times we may camp at places with the electricity available!!!!

I must have lamps- either a battery, electric or coleman- and BOOKS. And a great camp chair for sitting outside!
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:38 AM   #39

Registry
Quote:
I'm going to be new to my little Scamp, but we have been pop-up campers for years.... and the things I can't do without are: a coffee pot- which we, in the pop up- did an old fashioned perk pot on the stove- but in my Scamp- I can put in an electric drip pot now- for the times we may camp at places with the electricity available!!!!

I must have lamps- either a battery, electric or coleman- and BOOKS. And a great camp chair for sitting outside!
Ah, you coffee drinkers are an addicted bunch! (I should know...don't drink it myself, but my better half can't be more than 3 minutes away from "the source" when his craving hits.) We've taken a portable drip with disposable filters that fits over a cup. You pour boiling water on top and can get a pretty decent cuppa joe (I've been told). Now that we're hooked up to 'lectricity (we're wired on a seperate battery and have a solar recharger) we're thinking of bringing the electric coffee-maker. We found a fabulous one (Black & Decker) that makes one cup at a time - heats its own water and forces steam through a filter. It takes up very little counter space. You can probably get these somewhere in the States, but in Canada they sell at Canadian Tire (where else?) for $20 regular and about $12 on sale. There are other brands, but the B&D has a double filter.

Hmmm...wonder if it would be worthwhile to start a book thread? What kind of summer reading do people do? What books would they recommend?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #40

Registry
Quote:
Miriam:

Our super four-legged traveler chided me for having misrepresented her. I apologized. Sweetest dog we ever had.
On my gosh...she's ADORABLE! What breed?