Parkliner 20! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2017, 07:19 PM   #21

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
I saw an ad for them a "Coming Soon", the 2018s and they were talking MSRP of $39,972 with a list price of $29,995 and the photo was of a smaller one. Yeah, I don't see myself being attracted to that price.

Also saw a 2017 at a dealer online in FL and the price was $32,999. Not promoting this, but is the only place that I found photos of the inside: 2017 Parkliner BY LITTLE GUY FIBERGLASS GELCOAT, Travel Trailers RV For Sale in Inverness, Florida | Como RV ORDER | RVT.com - 101988 To me, that is a LOT of money, more than I could ever consider paying. I prefer the "classics".
Wow that's uh...quite a lot!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:37 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
If it's new owners and a new design, I'm kind of surprised they didn't change the name instead of bringing all the old baggage forward.
Or, at the very least, change that logo.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Or, at the very least, change that logo.
The only complaint I recall was the axle,which was really a single mistake of not measuring when changing brands. The Parkliner is a nice trailer.
The management was a bit overwhelmed and unresponsive, but they did seem dedicated to building a good product.
As for the new version, maybe ELVIS said it best on the "Roustabout" album...
"If you've got doubts, quit yer doubtin'...Its thrills!, its spice! its cheap at half the price!"
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:50 AM   #24

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I for one cannot erase Parkliner's past bad reputation from my memory. Has the Leopard changed it spots or is this just another example of slick marketing . If Parkliner is going to compete with Oliver , there will need to be a considerable price point difference and a large step up in guality . Oliver is a known entity and the reincarnated Parkliner is not . Too risky for me but others may be more adventurous.
Parkliner's problems were 3+ years ago.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:54 AM   #25

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
If they can stay under the price of a 21' Escape they might have something!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:12 AM   #26

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
I spoke with Tom Bass yesterday because I'll be picking up my Parkliner in the next few weeks. He said management wanted to clear out the facility by April 20 to get ready for a change in production, to accomodate all the new changes. I will be getting the 2014 model that they held the price on if you order by end of June 2016. So I did but needed time to save up the money so they agreed to deliver mine in May 2017. Looks like they are accelerating the schedule and requested that I pick it up early. I'll be picking it up April 22, that's the soonest I can do.
MaryNJWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Parkliner's problems were 3+ years ago.
Maybe ? Possibly ? Optimistically ? but $40K+ is too much money for my liking to invest in an unproven product from an unproven company especially with their checkered past . If we buy a larger FG trailer it will be an Escape or Oliver because they have a proven track record
Oliver and Escape are run like a business , Parkliner was run like a hobby for a spoiled rich kid. IMHO

Enjoy your Parkliner

**At my age 3 1/2 years ago is yesterday ! **
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #28
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Steve,
I actually have one, traveled with one, and camped in one since 2014. I have posted many many times on this site my satisfaction with the company's responsiveness and delight with the product after over 25000+ miles. I have Used this site to talk to other owners about their experiences and found theirs quite similar to mine.
All said I agree that the pre 2014 communication issues were and still are inexcusable . Though I have not had personal dealings with the new ownership they do seem to be trying to right the wrongs of the past.
This site has also shown that every single brand has its occasional issues
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #29

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Steve,
I actually have one, traveled with one, and camped in one since 2014. I have posted many many times on this site my satisfaction with the company's responsiveness and delight with the product after over 25000+ miles. I have Used this site to talk to other owners about their experiences and found theirs quite similar to mine.
All said I agree that the pre 2014 communication issues were and still are inexcusable . Though I have not had personal dealings with the new ownership they do seem to be trying to right the wrongs of the past.
This site has also shown that every single brand has its occasional issues
Amen, Brother!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #30

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Parkliner revamp

I sent an email to Parkliner today with a few questions. I received an extensive answer about the direction of the company but I'll just post the highlights:

They will be sold through dealers with financing available. Bonuses include, readily available parts and service, increased inventory-readily available.
New version and new pricing.

The merger of Parkliner, Serro Scotty and Little Guy resulting in a company called Liberty Outdoor.
I searched for dealers of the above manufacturers and found that they will, indeed produce a 20' trailer. They expect to have more news about models and prices within 60 days. Hmmm...can't wait!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner