Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Walt,
with boondocking do you think the 12 Volt 20Amp flush rating will drain the battery too fast?
Ken:
I did order the optional second battery, so I hope that will handle it fine. I confess I would prefer the old fashioned type of toilet like the Sealand Traveler in my Casita, to the macerating one, but that wasn't an option.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Appreciate it. I have not seen a Parkliner yet. Where is the pump that takes the shower and sink water out? Is this a third pump? In other words, you have the water pump, then the Macerator toilet pump, then the third that takes the shower and sink water out? Thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #23

SW Virginia
Ken:
You just made me realize I need to learn more about the whole plumbing system. It's not a simple system ala the Casita.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #24

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Appreciate it. I have not seen a Parkliner yet. Where is the pump that takes the shower and sink water out? Is this a third pump? In other words, you have the water pump, then the Macerator toilet pump, then the third that takes the shower and sink water out? Thanks.
Yes, three pumps.
1.)Flojet automatic water system pump for the fresh water
2.)Macerator pump on the Sealand toilet
3.)JABSCO shower drain and Bilge pump. This third pump must be turned on when using either the shower and bath sink. It is under the bottom corner of the bath floor. The switch is installed by the faucet. If you forget to turn it on you will stand in a pool of water when you shower and if you use the sink the water will do down the sink drain but come back up the shower drain and pool in the tub at your feet. You have turn it off when done running water --but not to worry you won't forget to because you will want to make that slurping noise stop!
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #25

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP
Ken:
You just made me realize I need to learn more about the whole plumbing system. It's not a simple system ala the Casita.
Not having owned any kind of trailer before we don't even know what we don't know yet! And have no basis for comparisons-- not sure if that is for better or worse
Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #26

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Scamp uses a Bilge pump for the Shower Drain too.
I think it uses a flow switch though so the operation is more automatic if the pump circuit is powered already?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #27

SW Virginia
Hi Ed
The owner of Parkliner had a Scamp, so perhaps that is one reason for his choices. Personally after almost 4 trouble-free years with the far simpler systems in Casitas, I don't understand why anyone would design a complicated system like the Parkliner. A lot more complexity to go wrong, gotta cost more, and more difficult to winterize, with no benefits that I can see. Gravity works!!! I guess I'll learn.

See you at PineKnot?

Walt
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #28

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lee View Post
Yes, three pumps.
1.)Flojet automatic water system pump for the fresh water
2.)Macerator pump on the Sealand toilet
3.)JABSCO shower drain and Bilge pump. This third pump must be turned on when using either the shower and bath sink. It is under the bottom corner of the bath floor. The switch is installed by the faucet. If you forget to turn it on you will stand in a pool of water when you shower and if you use the sink the water will do down the sink drain but come back up the shower drain and pool in the tub at your feet. You have turn it off when done running water --but not to worry you won't forget to because you will want to make that slurping noise stop!
Scamp uses a manual on/off switch to power the shower evacuation pump.
On ours,we added a bright red LED light to the bulkhead on the galley side which is wired to the switch.
This prevents overlooking the pump (which is quiet enough to do so) especially when the television, A/C, or furnace is running.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #29

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Congrats on ordering your new trailer. We just picked ours up this weekend an enjoyed hauling it home.

Haven't had a chance to do full debrief of our two nights but just wanted to second that they accommodate special requests. We requested the bathroom sink, and LEDs, and he was very accommodating.

It's really designed so well and suits our little family of four quite nicely.

Happy camping!

Chandler was at a rally in PA that we attended with a demo and an employee of his delivered one there to a couple, so we got the tour of 2 of them. At that time there was no bathroom sink, anybody got any pics of the sink addition??? I'd like to see that
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
peruse mimi's profile.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #31

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
peruse mimi's profile.

thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #32

Usa
He said mine was the first and he would be making the mold from it to offer it as an option for 2013. If so, those would probably look even more streamlined I am thinking.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #33

SW Virginia
Quote:
He said mine was the first and he would be making the mold from it to offer it as an option for 2013. If so, those would probably look even more streamlined I am thinking.
As I said, he offered the sink to me and that helped seal the deal. I saw yours and can't imagine mine will look any nicer. I didn't take any pictures, so I can't help there till the end of next month. But the sink really does look nice. But note, while it looks nicer than the "tacked on" sinks in the Scamp and Casita (and others), because it's recessed into the wall, it's not the kind of sink you can get your head over while teeth brushing.

Walt
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #34

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
We have been to the Lil Snoozy plant that is a startup company like Parkliner. Loved the Snoozy and hope they are still about when we upgrade. The Parkliner sounds interesting too. Has anyone seen both and done an apple to apple comparison, ie weight, size, amenities, price,etc? Would be enlightening to see both side by side.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #35

Usa
Yep it's really tiny. But aesthetically so pleasing and serves its function adequately. I could use it to brush my teeth and rinse if I tucked in at an angle. Washing my face was more of a challenge. I splashed water everywhere but I'm already standing in the shower so Im ok with that. We are very pleased to have it and with the design not eating into the bath.

I think our recessed sink space is a cutout as there a lip framing the space with four rivets in the corner. (Pic in my profile album) I could see how it maybe possible in future installations to be addressed as fully part of the wall mold. I'm very happy with mine as it is and tickled that you are getting the sink option too.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #36

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Neat sink, I see Chandler still has not covered the 12v toggle switch with a rubber boot to keep the switch dry. I mentioned that to Parkliner at a rally in Tennessee, where both Lil Snoozy and they were present. Lil SNoozy is somewhat larger but Parkliner is more traditional. If they were 2' longer I may have bought one. Anyway here is a picture of the boot needed on the shower toggle to keep it dry.
Attached Images

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #37

Usa
Cpaharley- thanks for that pic of the toggle cover. Didn't even think of that but we should go get one to put over them both.

Sue- i saw lil snoozy online only but didnt pursue bc II was after a more traditional look. Actually wanted a vintage-y one but Mr. wasn't on board with doing reno's. maybe when the kids are grown and we have more time! Hope someone else can offer insights as the two manufacturers are relatively close.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #38

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
congratulations again on the trailer.. any chance you could post a picture of the washroom with the toilet? thanks
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #39

Usa
Thanks Brian. Attaching (hopefully) two pics of the washroom & toilet. Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails
image-1691305665.jpg   image-2057293555.jpg  

Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #40

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Thanks... looks like the shower might actually be usable
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner