Parkliner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #41

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Thanks... looks like the shower might actually be usable
I'm small @ 5'2" and felt there was ample room in the shower. Mr is bigger at 6'2", and felt it was adequate for him as well. Being able to stand upright is a big feature to him. The kids of course had enough room to stand for showering while playing with a few suction cup bath toys I brought along.

When standing the space is great, on the toilet the space is sufficient but it does feel more constrained compared to when standing. The double storage within the bath is very convenient to keep towels, clothes, toiletries, and dirty clothes stored neatly and accessible.
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #42

Name: DeAnne
Trailer: Currently waiting
Tennessee
Question

What type of warranty does Chandler offer on his Parkliner? Seriously considering for full timing.
murphinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #43

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Congrats Mimi and Walt as I'm reading this thread a little late. I have also thought about putting in a sink in my Parkliner, I like the way they did yours. Its out of the way. I was up in the Adirondack's about 3 weeks ago and had several couples looking over our trailer. They really liked what they saw, especially the wrap around couch and the height inside too. I had thought about a permanent toilet but opted for the porta potti instead, so I have more options on where I can empty it. Both have there + & -'s and either I can live with. I have done a few mods on mine and will do a few more I'm sure. Hope you both enjoy your new ride.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #44

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I see Mimi's sink is now listed with a few other options

Stainless Bath Sink (New for 2013!) –$285
Additional 12 gal. Water Tank (New for 2013!) –$295
Styled Aluminum Wheels (New for 2013!) –$255
Keyed Deadbolt Entry Lock (New for 2013!) –$195
Additional 12VDC or 120VAC receptacle (New for 2013!) –$100/ea
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #45

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
I see Mimi's sink is now listed with a few other options

Stainless Bath Sink (New for 2013!) –$285
Additional 12 gal. Water Tank (New for 2013!) –$295
Styled Aluminum Wheels (New for 2013!) –$255
Keyed Deadbolt Entry Lock (New for 2013!) –$195
Additional 12VDC or 120VAC receptacle (New for 2013!) –$100/ea
Yep, and looks like the additional water tank and 12V options Walt had added. Nice to see these be added to his standard options list.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #46

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Congrats Mimi and Walt as I'm reading this thread a little late. I have also thought about putting in a sink in my Parkliner, I like the way they did yours. Its out of the way. I was up in the Adirondack's about 3 weeks ago and had several couples looking over our trailer. They really liked what they saw, especially the wrap around couch and the height inside too. I had thought about a permanent toilet but opted for the porta potti instead, so I have more options on where I can empty it. Both have there + & -'s and either I can live with. I have done a few mods on mine and will do a few more I'm sure. Hope you both enjoy your new ride.
Thanks, Tim. We are enjoying it very much. I am sure I was reading your posts when I was researching. People come up to us EVERYwhere we stop (gas station, CHick Fil A, Target, grocery, everywhere!) People are very interested, you probably get that too. Happy Camping to you!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #47

Mimi or anyone else,
are the black pump switches in the shower waterproof? A forum member here didn't think they were so I just wondered if anybody has since found out? thanks.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #48

New York
Ken, I don't think the switch in the bath is waterproof, but I do think it would be hard for the water to run down and into where the wires connect to short anything out. I did happen to order a rubber boot some time ago via ebay, so it is a very easy fix. There are always a few little things that you will always want to improve on most any trailer you get. I have had several makes of fiberglass trailers and have always worked on something on all of them to make things better. Most everyone on this forum does the same. The Best, Tim
Old 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #49

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Parkliner Bathroom Switch Ratings

I just checked out the switches in our Parkliner and can offer the following:

The two black rocker switches on the Dometic panel (One for Flush, One for Fill[Up]/Dry Flush[Down]) are L-Series switches made by Carling. These are sealed switches with an IP67 rating, so they are both dust tight and can be immersed in water up to 1m deep for 30 minutes. In the event that such a condition does occur, being able to flush the toilet will be the least of our concerns.

The shower (and sink for those who have it) drain pump switch is a TA Series toggle switch made by Canal Electronic in Taiwan. It seems these switches carry a UL/CSA listing, but they do not identify them as "sealed" or having any water resistance ratings. There are other switches in their catalog that do carry an IP67/68 rating, but this is not one of them. I sent an email to their tech support requesting any additional information they may have on the water resistance of this switch; if I hear anything back from them, I will update my post. For now, we will try not to spray it directly during showers and probably add a rubber boot as others have suggested.
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #50

mrscottyg thanks,
You seem to have the technical know how for a question I was wondering about. Would you happen to know, with the a/c being mounted in a small enclosed cubby, does it get fresh air? Or keep re-circulating the hot exhaust? example link below thanks in advance.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post337442
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #51

Name: Ray
Trailer: Looking at Lil Snoozy
Maine
Hi everyone, Ray here. Been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to join. Here's my and my lovely wife's deal. Years ago we had 3 motorhomes with the largest being a Bluebird Wanderlodge 40 footer. Went out west twice and had the time of our lives with our two kids. Modern day we've decided to do some State Park and National Parks now and when we retire. Price of gas being what it is, a small lightweight fiberglass camper looks to fit the bill. We have a Ford Transit Connect 2012 that I use for work which will be the tow vehicle for now till we replace my wifes car. The Lil Snoozy seems to be the best fit for us. Never had an all electric rig before. A Yamaha 2000 watt gen on the tongue in a sound box and the opt. solar panel with a couple of deep cycle batts and we should be good to go. Any thoughts????
gizmoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #52

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
mrscottyg thanks,
You seem to have the technical know how for a question I was wondering about. Would you happen to know, with the a/c being mounted in a small enclosed cubby, does it get fresh air? Or keep re-circulating the hot exhaust? example link below thanks in advance.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post337442
I read the linked post and I have been in the Parkliner twice and owned an Egg Camper. Both these units have a/c under the dinette seat and in the Egg and it appears in the Parkliner, the foam seals the interior from the exterior. That said, you have an exhaust that should exit the side and fresh intake which should enter around the sides. The Egg camper has vents in the floor to allow the fresh air to enter, separate from the exhaust. I think Parkliner does the same. That said these are small 5000 btu units which should cool down a 7x12 room. The trade off is being able to use a small generator to operate. You may be able to install a bigger unit that is more energy efficient. Just remember, any a/c is only designed to cool down to a 20 degree differential and dehumidify. Make sure you can see condensate exiting the trailer while it is operating.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #53

I should clarify my question I was wondering if the exterior radiator end as shown in the photo gets a fresh air intake? Not the sealed off part that is the interior radiator. But I didn't know if the parkliner was made like the traditional window ac unit pictured. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #54

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
I decided to put my $.02 into the other Parkliner thread since the question was originally posed there.
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #55

New York
I probably should have clarified that I only have the drain switch for the shower as I don't have the permanent toilet. But that is good to know anyway, thanks Scott.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #56

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmoracing View Post
Hi everyone, Ray here. Been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to join. Here's my and my lovely wife's deal. Years ago we had 3 motorhomes with the largest being a Bluebird Wanderlodge 40 footer. Went out west twice and had the time of our lives with our two kids. Modern day we've decided to do some State Park and National Parks now and when we retire. Price of gas being what it is, a small lightweight fiberglass camper looks to fit the bill. We have a Ford Transit Connect 2012 that I use for work which will be the tow vehicle for now till we replace my wifes car. The Lil Snoozy seems to be the best fit for us. Never had an all electric rig before. A Yamaha 2000 watt gen on the tongue in a sound box and the opt. solar panel with a couple of deep cycle batts and we should be good to go. Any thoughts????
I didn't know the Ford Transit Connect was able to tow anything. I believe I did some research when they first came out and they were not approved to tow anything, period? You may want to double check that. Just didn't want to see you or yours getting hurt.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #57

Name: Ray
Trailer: Looking at Lil Snoozy
Maine
Officially from Ford US the Transit is not suppose to tow. Having said that, Ford has been producing the Transit Connect for the rest of the world for several years and over there it has a 2200kw towing cap. I went to the local hitch pro and they installed a 5000 lb hitch with ass. wiring to tow my utility trailer and used the welded nutserts in the frame for trailer hitches. Liability or warranty related issues???? I talked to several mechanics who know the Transit think a small trailer would be fine.
gizmoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #58

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmoracing View Post
A Yamaha 2000 watt gen on the tongue in a sound box and the opt. solar panel with a couple of deep cycle batts and we should be good to go. Any thoughts????
All on the tongue of the Snoozy? Not sure it'd fit...but if it does, seems like it'll add a couple hundred pounds to the tongue weight. Can the tow car manage 400 pounds m/l of weight there ?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #59

Name: Alex
Trailer: In the market
NW
Hello Mimi and Walt or anyone else that owns a Parkliner:
I was wondering what your experience with your parkliner is so far. I am looking intensively at them and was wondering if you could share some more of your experience. (it has been quiet in this chat ;-)
Any tips or pointers are very much appreciated!

Thank you,
A
ajsegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #60

I would test out the customer service. Try to contact them, ask questions. Do you get a short curt response and no follow up answers? Do they pick up their phone or kick you over to voice mail constantly? You will be at the mercy of the company/owner you choose with any warranty, parts, plumbing or electrical questions for a long time over your ownership.

Tags
parkliner