Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2020, 04:48 AM   #1

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Manitoba
Parkliner

“Parkliner” is now owned by Trillium Trailers in Calgary Alberta, The “Parkliner “ is now called “Outback Elite, “
Starting production this year but consideration to supply of materials from Covid etc are adapting to these current challenges!
bozlouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:22 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Is this the Trillium that has a well-documented record of not being able to deliver a 13’ Outback on time? Is this a different company or has something changed?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
See Better Business Bureau report:
https://www.bbb.org/ca/ab/rocky-view...097/complaints
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.28.39 AM.png  
Old 05-28-2020, 02:19 AM   #4

Manitoba
Wow! Interesting!!
Old 05-28-2020, 04:14 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
They haven't even updated their news page since January of 2018.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:40 AM   #6

Manitoba
I had just been ready to confirm a purchase of one of the last Parkliners, the exact same day I discovered they were to be made in Canada, (which of course was more practical for us) So I cancelled out of the one in GA ( lovely unit) to “hold” out for the future one. .... just had looked again at the add at the one we almost bought , just sold, a few days ago ... was so sorry..! ! will still be looking. Love this design it’s perfect for our family..
Old 05-28-2020, 06:32 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Just to be clear, Trillium Outback is making trailers, and buyers seem generally pleased with them... when they get them, often many months later than promised.

The glacial pace of output and seemingly weak cash reserves make them a poor candidate to add a new (and significantly more complex) model to their lineup. Thought maybe there might be a new partner with a fresh infusion of capital. Otherwise this doesn’t make sense.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
From what I've read Trillium Outback is a small shop that not only makes new trailers customized to each buyers wishes, but also repairs/refurbishes old trailers, sells parts, and will stop what they're doing to talk Trilliums with whom ever walks in the door. Tough to get things done. Sounds a little like Chandler, the designer and original Parkliner builder. I hope they suceed. The Parkliner is a nice trailer.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #9

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Responses on BBB complaints are less than stellar. Over-committing themselves, missing deadlines by A LOT, not returning calls, and not delivering parts people order are common complaints. Expanding their product line in the midst of this seems odd to me.

It takes more than a nice trailer to be successful.

The choice to highly customize each order is theirs. If I were King, I would do a lot less customization, get orders out in time, and return calls promptly. If I had walk in people interrupting work, I would separate the work process from customer service. Every minute you spend on walk ins puts you another minute behind on an existing order.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I would think they should do something to address their 'F' rating on the Better Business Bureau site. It has been 'F' for a very long time.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:02 PM   #11

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
You lie about it, you make promises you know you can't keep, you bait and switch, you double down, you deserve your "F".
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #12

Name: Lesley
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Wasn't there a fairly recent thread from a guy who ordered a Trillium to be delivered this past March - "drop dead date" - and it wasn't completed when he posted (after the completion date had passed). I think he ordered a custom yellow color. I wonder if he ever got his trailer?
shrimpscampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #13

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 getting an “F” is one thing, keeping it is something worse.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM   #14

Manitoba
In my correspondence with Joe at Trillium Trailers, he was very helpful and considerate, and I sincerely wish this company success in going forward producing this very family friendly and versatile trailer. Very happy to know it will join the ranks of great made in Canada trailers.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:47 AM   #15

Manitoba
Good advice!!
.. wish I could help I am only a very interested “on the consumer end of things” that sees an excellent design. If I were empowered with the capital I would partner up with this design as it will be sought after ., .it has taken the best in the small size trailer .. maximized the space .. made it visually and spatially appealing . Made longitudinal bunks in a small space with bathroom.. doesn’t get better than this for spatial design. Should have a patent on this design. It is the best in a 15 -16 ft. Fiberglass .. hands down. ! Casita comes close but the Parkliner design is much better. For the tow weight, price range across North America. (There were some Japanese units quite impressive as mini Rv but not likely transferable to a North American market.)
Parkliner has been hands down the best interior design for a 15-16ft. Trailer that still can be pulled with a 3,500 tow capacity.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:31 AM   #16
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
As I read this thread we are sitting in our Parkliner in Texas and couldn’t agree more Lynn!
Six years of ownership, thousands of miles traveled, and not a moment of regret.
Sid & Vicki
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #17

Manitoba
So nice to know!! And best wishes Sid and Vicki for many more happy journeys !!
Old 06-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #18

Name: Maria
Maryland
Trillium's Parkliner/Outback Elite

I emailed them yesterday. Heard from Joe at Trillium. This is the response:

"Hello Maria we do own the former Parkline molds, were looking at proto typing the first on in the fall, We have a lot of improvements to do, but we have some great bone to start with, Keep in touch with up dates. Thanks for checking in.
Joe"

I'm pleased as punch to hear you folks that have the Parkliner and are happy with them. I'm getting my Parkliner in GA next month, and as such have been busy prepping by getting things I will need for my very first ever RV experience, and with the camper that I fell in love with at first sight and the camper of my dreams.

Parkliner folks, can you steer me to insurance carriers that you use? Progressive woman I spoke with had attitude when I asked her to repeat. I was having issues with my phone connection and she was very unsympathetic.

Many thanks from a soon to be happy camper
Maria in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #19

Name: Walt
Trailer: currently shopping
Georgia
Parkliner

I have a 2018 Parkliner that I'm considering on selling, located in Ga.

you can email at waltnape@yahoo.com

Walt
waltnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #20

Manitoba
Thankyou email sent!

Tags
parkliner