Parts on the web for Casita's? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Parts on the web for Casita's?

We should be getting our "new to us" Casita pretty soon. Its a 2000 model and in pretty good shape, but I'm sure there may be a few little things it needs here and there.

Does Casita have a "parts" page anywhere on their website. I have looked but maybe I just can't find it? I know Scamp has a great parts section on their website where you can browse and see how much things cost and order them if needed.

Or do you just have to call Casita? It would be nice if you could just browse.

Dale - AZ
Dale AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Dale, I never have found a parts page for Casitas. However, please keep in mind that a whole lot of the parts are standard on many RV's and available online from a number of sources. Sites like Tweetys.com and pplmotorhomes.com are great places to do research. I bought my replacement converter and all my LED lights from Amazon.com because they had the best prices.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale AZ View Post
Does Casita have a "parts" page anywhere on their website.

Or do you just have to call Casita?
I think you just have to call them.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks Fred and Terry.

Its good to know that many parts are standard. I don't really have a specific item in mind yet as I don't quite have the the trailer in my possession yet. But, I was just thinking of some of the exterior plastic parts because its been out in the Arizona sun and I know some are yellowed and possibly getting brittle?

Thanks,
Dale
Dale AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Dale other than the body (including interior cabinetry), the frame and upholstery (the sewing part, curtains (the sewing part) ... everything is manufactured by someone else. That's everything from the appliances to vents to exterior plastic parts. Terry has the right idea, use the web to your advantage and shop for best prices. You'll find model #s and the like on every item.

As a suggestion, use Fusion paint on any exterior plastic item BEFORE you install on your trailer. Fusion paint is formulated for plastics and will help with UV damage and extend the life of the product.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale AZ View Post
Thanks Fred and Terry.

Its good to know that many parts are standard. I don't really have a specific item in mind yet as I don't quite have the the trailer in my possession yet. But, I was just thinking of some of the exterior plastic parts because its been out in the Arizona sun and I know some are yellowed and possibly getting brittle?

Thanks,
Dale
Dale, Mine is a 1996 and so far I've had to replace quite a bit of the outside plastic stuff--the fresh water drain spigot, the water filler (a pelican beak thing on mine), and the refrigerator bottom grill. Also the old running lights were leaky and cracked so I replaced them with new LED types.

If you've got time on your hands, buying an older egg is a sure way to find lots of things to do.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Dale AZ... I found that I could polish off the yellowing plastic parts like exterior porch lights, exhaust vents etc. with Brasso. You can even take the yellow off plastic headlight lenses with it!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
the push button cabinet latches on my 2006 Casita SD fall apart often, is there an after market latch that is a direct replacement that lasts.

Jim H
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #9

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hovind View Post
the push button cabinet latches on my 2006 Casita SD fall apart often, is there an after market latch that is a direct replacement that lasts.

Jim H
Positive Action Push Button Catch - Rockler Woodworking Tools
except for the knob color
Very similar but maybe a little better. I had to replace mine on the silverware drawer.
I think I even googled a coupon for them somewhere but it's been too long.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote