Persons who purchased their egg from the factory - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 AM   #21

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Wink

Monica,

We are about to order a 13' Casita next week. We visited the factory about 3 weeks ago and were told that they can have a new camper for us in 4 weeks from the time we order (complete the order form and pay the down payment). It was explained to us that the winter is their slower period and they can produce them faster.

By the way, I believe the standard down payment at Casita (the cost to get the camper into production) is $2,000. That is what we were told and it is the same as when we ordered our 17' two years ago.

Good luck,

Patty & Fred
(Owners of Dumplin' - soon to be owners of Dinky)

Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #22

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Patty / Fred -

***standard down payment at Casita ...is $2,000***

Interesting. Scamp only wanted $500 - which I PERSONALLY thought was way too low for a "custom" unit. I mean, we COULD HAVE bailed, lost the $500 - but THEY are then stuck with a unit that might or might not be easy to sell.

I suppose that based on experience, perhaps folks rarely back out, and the risk is small to the manufacturer. But sill... $500 was a low deposit.

AND, just curious, does Casisa offer any financing options? Scamp, of course, is COD - Certified or Cashiers check, thank you.

Quote:
Monica,

We are about to order a 13' Casita next week. We visited the factory about 3 weeks ago and were told that they can have a new camper for us in 4 weeks from the time we order (complete the order form and pay the down payment). It was explained to us that the winter is their slower period and they can produce them faster.

By the way, I believe the standard down payment at Casita (the cost to get the camper into production) is $2,000. That is what we were told and it is the same as when we ordered our 17' two years ago.

Good luck,

Patty & Fred
(Owners of [b]Dumplin' - soon to be owners of [b]Dinky)
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Wink

Alan,

We were told to bring certified funds for the balance when we pick the trailer up. I do not believe that they make any type of financial arrangements or financing at all. It was the same when we bought our 17' - we got our own financing through our credit union and we took a cashier's check from our CU on pick up day.

I think that $2K is pretty steep for a down payment but hey, they aren't left with a big inventory of campers because people have changed their mind or couldn't get financing. The best thing about getting it from the factory, you get the camper with the exact features that you want. So when you think about it, they don't want to have to wait for someone to come along and want exactly the same features that you did should your transaction fall through. And when you have 2K already invested, they pretty much know the one they built for you is going to follow you home! I guess in the long run, it makes good business sense to ask for more money upfront.

I know it sounds crazy but I wanted to put the balance on American Express to get the points.. but they don't do that... its certified funds only.

Can't wait for Dumplin' to have a backyard buddy.... Dinky!

Patty
Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Roger, are you still waiting??? What is your new projected delivery? Lloyd
I would also like to know if trillium has set back a delivery date?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Scamp only wanted $500 - which I PERSONALLY thought was way too low for a "custom" unit. I mean, we COULD HAVE bailed, lost the $500 - but THEY are then stuck with a unit that might or might not be easy to sell.
As I recall it from a business law course in a former life, a custom order has a lot more enforcibility than a routine order if push came to shove.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #26

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
True enough. Still a pain to have to force the issue. Make the deposit big enough to ... to ... "encourage" completion of the agreement.

But, then as the BUYER, I certainly am concerned... if they go under, I think I am just a general creditor. As in "good luck getting ANY of your deposit back"

I didn't mind $500. I would have gotten LESS comfortable in excess of $1,000.
and at $2,000 ... dunno. Moot point as they only asked for the $500.

Quote:
As I recall it from a business law course in a former life, a custom order has a lot more enforcibility than a routine order if push came to shove.
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
I really wish we could afford to get a new custom camper, but right now we want to prioritize our savings towards moving to the NW, and having enough of a cushion to keep us comfortable while we make the transition. I will keep my options open for the future, as we will probably want to upgrade our trailer down the road, and go a bit larger as well. That will be the next chapter of our eggsperience.

We have a nice one though, for an 83', the more I read here about what other people are having to do to fix theirs up, the more "lucky" I feel that we got such a good one for the price!

Best wishes on placing your order and getting a quick turn around!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper