Phantom Campers and RV Campsite No-Shows - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #21

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
And, the significant other of a concessionaire campground "host" was running a wildlife poaching business out of it. This was in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in Washington. It don't get much better.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #22

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Yes, Perry, I agree with you about MN campsites - it's where we usually go. At one site last June, 3 spots next to us stood empty the long week-end but had been booked. Who are these non-campers? And why throw away your money like that?
Linda M R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #23

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda M R View Post
Yes, Perry, I agree with you about MN campsites - it's where we usually go. At one site last June, 3 spots next to us stood empty the long week-end but had been booked. Who are these non-campers? And why throw away your money like that?
They should ban them - block their access!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:23 PM   #24

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
They should ban them - block their access!
Its about making money - as long as they pay the campground will accept the money.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda M R View Post
These are the BOUGI who want to be at the top of the social ladder and will brag/complain about the cost of doing that so others will know they had the money to do it. Should they arrive, they just may be driving one of those several hundred thousand rigs and be loud and obnoxious so as to draw attention to them selves. You may hear one say to the other in a to loud tone, Oh Honey look at the little camper there, its so cute. DO NOT get sucked in to paying attention to these people. Dont make remarks about their big rig, don't invite them to look at your cute camper should they ask. Ignore them. That eats them up inside.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
DO NOT get sucked in to paying attention to these people. Dont make remarks about their big rig, don't invite them to look at your cute camper should they ask. Ignore them. That eats them up inside.
Do I detect some bitterness? Should people in a tent ignore your 19'?
Old 10-17-2021, 12:50 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmad1 View Post
Texas State Parks will be facing the same situations ,if not already. They went to a similar reservations systems last spring. Most Tx. State Parks do not run full although some of the more popular ones do. They have been hurting for the few years and have been asking for donations. We left the state parks for COE campgrounds years ago. No discounts for seniors and a daily entrance fee ever day added to the camping fee. If they were competitive with the feds, they would have plenty of full sites with seniors who would be glad to use the state parks. I have contacted the Tx. Parks and Wildlife about a program similar to the Golden Age Passport, etc. but the only answer I received was that they were not affiliated with the fed programs and have no plans for senior discounts. It's a shame because they could fill a lot of empty camp sites, including me.
After reading your post, I pulled my Texas Parks & Wildlife "Texas Parklands Passport - Senior Partial" card out of my wallet to check it. I have had it since I turned 65. It is a 50% discount on the entry fee but it does not reduce the camping fee. The Texas Parks website says that the senior passports are available for seniors, veterans, and those with disabilities.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/p...#Senior%20Full
Yvimij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Do I detect some bitterness? Should people in a tent ignore your 19'?
Just cant stand Bougie people.