Pictures of our uhaul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #21

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Oooooh, I just noticed some mini campers on the kitchen counter. Where did you get those? I also love your kitchen hot pad with the camper on it. One more thing...How do you attach the fold-up counter extension without ruining the fiberglass?
Thanks
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
About the camper toys; the larger one is called 'Lil Sammy Plush Toy, it's a soft thing, says "Uhaul" on it, it's available on ebay or from Uhaul truck parts.com. The smaller one is an old Uhaul toy camper we found on ebay, they are hard to find and usually expensive. Another member here has one in the box complete with the car that came with it. The fold up shelf has 1/2" plywood behind the fiberglass to strengthen it. I did have to drill holes in the fiberglass for the screws to go through. The shelves are the tops of a couple wood snack trays that we had. The front shelf doesn't fold, only the rear one by the bed, and after that rear one was done we put the foam mattress in and found the shelf was below the mattress when folded down. May shorten it a little. The hot pad was a game gift at a teardrop gathering and has a matching towel. They came from some place in Maine we think, will try to find out where. The wall hanging is a paper piecing quilt project that Mary found the pattern for somewhere. A time consuming project with lots of real small pieces. She's a professional quilter, one room in our house is her sewing room, with 3 different sewing machines, two Janome's and a Bernina. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
........How do you attach the fold-up counter extension without ruining the fiberglass?
Thanks
Gilda
Not to steal from Bob's incredible work, but when I mounted my folding side shelf I used the 3M Extreme tape to avoid drilling. I deliberately used a large surface area to get lots of grip.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-53350.html
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #24

Name: Jaydeen
Trailer: Burro 13'
California
Registry
Love the quilting decor ! When I go camping by myself, I bring my sewing machine and work on quilting projects. Very nice.
Jaydeen
Jaydeen A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #25

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Beautiful interior and very efficient use of storage. I love the bed cover!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Great storage ideas guys!!
Mary Luv your handy work - especially the hanging one with the trailer Very creative!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #27

New York
! When I go camping by myself, I bring my sewing machine and work on quilting projects.
Jaydeen[/QUOTE]

I hope Mary doesn't see this comment, she's talking about taking the smaller of her machines when we head south next week. She's also into making the scrap rug, quilt scraps are woven into a rug or table runner on a wood frame I made for her. Bob
Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #28

New York
Bob doesnt realize my machine is already packed, three months is a long time and it is my passion so why not bring it. thank - you everyone for the nice comments on my quilting, I am thinking of trying to sell some quilts and i have two wall hangings left i can sell, so if anyone is interested I can send pictures, just send me a message.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #29

Name: Jaydeen
Trailer: Burro 13'
California
Registry
Here's my set-up when I camp.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1316.jpg  
Jaydeen A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #30

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Bob doesnt realize my machine is already packed, three months is a long time ..............trying to sell some quilts and i have two wall hangings left i can sell, .
LOL I think he might notice You might think about taking some of what you have to sell with you, Last winter while traveling in the south I noticed that many of the mobile snowbird RV communities held swap meets often, where it was pretty common to see people selling their crafts.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #31

New York
I have packed some small bed size quilts and the two car camper wall hangings and will set up when i get into jekyll island georgia, I am there for almost two months. Love your set up with the sewing machine, iset up a 12 x 12 screen room with solid flaps besides screen and an electric heater so I'm good to go
Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #32

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
What fun to see your PICTURES! I feel like the day years ago that I finally got a photo in the mail from my penpal. What a warm cozy home you have created. You two are a good match...Bob the fixer, Mary, the decor magician. Again, it looks like we will just miss seeing you..we will be in our Uhaul at Tybee Island four days before you for Thanksgiving , then down to St Augustine on Fri. We will tie ribbons to trees so you know where we've been...ha. Safe travels! (Windows are still in garage and we are still on the hunt for spare tire). J and G
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #33

New York
Jane: We've done Tybee twice, been into Savannah and ate at Paula Deen's, and her brother's restaurant Uncle Bubba's which is out almost to Tybee. Have heard that Mrs Wilkes is even better. Been to the Forts and in the lighthouse. After Tybee we go to Jekyll Island for all December and most of January. Last year we missed Norm & Ginny by one day at Myrtle Beach. Trying to catch Cindy & Kevin for at least lunch end of Dec. Maybe when we head back north the first of March we can connect? There's some old threads here about spare wheels. I've heard late model Corvair rims will fit. For a spare for our teardrop I carry just a tire as it's a narrow 15", plus a couple tire irons and a 12 volt air pump. Or I'll call road service to change the tire but at least I'll have the right size one with me.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #34

New York
jane, we will be in a state campground, really nice area, huntington beach s. carolina sun nov 25 leaving fri nov 30 for tybee for fri and sat then jekyll dec 1, so on your way back if your near stop in
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #35

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
OOOOH, Bob, I have the other UHaul toy (with the van in the box) and I also have the UH plushie!! I'm thinking of either doing a fold up shelf, or a removable one at each end of my kitchen area. I had also put a roll-out shelf into my old furnace area (wow, great minds think alike). Loving your doors, where did you get them? (did I miss that information?) Your camper looks great! Have a wonderful winter retreat down south
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #36

New York
Pam: If you mean the doors for where the furnace was, and the space below, That is left over 1/8" aluminum from the piece that I used to adapt the Scamp window in on the right side. Polished it up with Mothers Mag Wheel polish. Only the rear shelf folds down, got the brackets on Amazon, the front one is regular shelf brackets. Note that after I installed the fold down shelf I found that it hits the mattress when folding it down so we'll probably just leave it up. I could shorten the shelf, but it is a nice size and matches the front one. I put 1/2" plywood behind the cabinet sides to reinforce them. We don't have all the cushions to complete a rear bed, so we got a piece of 5" thick foam.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #37

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Pam: If you mean the doors for where the furnace was, and the space below, That is left over 1/8" aluminum from the piece that I used to adapt the Scamp window in on the right side. Polished it up with Mothers Mag Wheel polish. Only the rear shelf folds down, got the brackets on Amazon, the front one is regular shelf brackets. Note that after I installed the fold down shelf I found that it hits the mattress when folding it down so we'll probably just leave it up. I could shorten the shelf, but it is a nice size and matches the front one. I put 1/2" plywood behind the cabinet sides to reinforce them. We don't have all the cushions to complete a rear bed, so we got a piece of 5" thick foam.
OK, good to know about the fold down shelf, I'll double check measurements before cutting my shelf. I'll have to check out your window installation posting again.
Now that windows are out of the way, I've got more winter projects. I'm going to set up a permanent rear bed also this winter, and turn my front area into a 2 seat dinette. I expect that to be a whole lot easier than replacing the windows was . After that, I've got some new material for a partial re-do of my curtains, and also some more throw pillows (us women and our throw pillows). The floor is still my biggest issue, continuing to use the original ugly carpet because the subfloor is too uneven to lay laminate flooring on and I don't want to work with that fiberglass to level it. I don't want the added weight from the Allure vinyl plank system either. Someone mentioned that I should check out marine carpet (like you put on pontoon boats).
I've also got to repair the hinge section of my rockguard and then looking into changing out all the cabinet doors to a black distressed wood finish.... ah the possibilities...I luv my little trailer
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #38

New York
Pam, for carpet I don't think I would use the marine carpet, but check it out anyway. We were in Home Depot a while back and got a carpet that was made from recycled plastic bottles. We had to take down the ceiling carpet to find a leak, so used some of that Home Depot carpet to replace the original. We also thought about a front dinette, but the bench spacing isn't right for foot room or back rests. Change the cabinet doors?? That takes away originality! Rock guard, we don't have one, don't see any evidence that there ever was one.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #39

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Assuming my dr. lets me travel after elbow surgery and nothing goes wrong on the trip, we have added a stop in GA to our itinerary, Bob and Mary.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #40

New York
Cindy & Kevin, Have a safe trip, hope we can connect, and good luck with the surgery.