Play Pac - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #21

Trailer: Play Pac
My Playpac

OK Bonnie! I'll have you know I was wet and cold and froze to death, caught pneumonia on the way, almost died shivering, crawled through the mud with my camera but somehow managed to get out there and take the photos just for you Well... sorta

I don't even know what all the things are yet under the back. I zipped in, grabbed photos and zipped back in the house except for a side trip back to the pond to check on my bass. My pond has come all the way from being down 3 foot to up to the brim now!

I put those triangles on the back on the camper when we transported the other day - I didn't have the proper plug for hookup and don't even know if the lights work on it anyway yet. As you can see I have my job cut out for me. When I was peeking around I saw a tiny hole in the floor over behind the frig. I will get to learn a new craft - fiberglass!

Camilla
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #22

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Have a cup of hot chocolate on me.

Wow. You do have a job ahead. The converter/charger looks like mine. Guess that makes it 30+ years old! So, let's see, you have a water tank and converter and was that a gas line behind the water tank? And was that a hot water heater? My goodness! I think the kitchen looks savable, though that fridge is a might small. . I'm excited for you. This should be a very fun project.

Maybe the stuff in the bathroom could be sanded smooth and then finished. It might save some work.

Don't ya just love the shape?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Have a cup of hot chocolate on me.

Wow. You do have a job ahead. The converter/charger looks like mine. Guess that makes it 30+ years old! So, let's see, you have a water tank and converter and was that a gas line behind the water tank? And was that a hot water heater? My goodness! I think the kitchen looks savable, though that fridge is a might small. . I'm excited for you. This should be a very fun project.

Maybe the stuff in the bathroom could be sanded smooth and then finished. It might save some work.

Don't ya just love the shape?
You know Bonnie, I don't know for sure but they all seem to be '73 models. Maybe they just made them one year? I hope to find out in a couple of weeks when Gulf stream gets the tornado problem cleaned up. The old man has died but his two sons have taken over the company.

I have two water tanks. There is one in the back under the bench and another one under the sink and I have no idea how everything is tied in. Is that big silver box a hot water heater? I haven't even looked. I have something else behind it - converter? There is a space in the bottom of the closet where there was something - heater? - that was vented to the outside. You can see where there is tape covering a hole on the outside. I'll put something over that or figure out something later.

The frig IS small and I hate that it's so low. I sure would rather have a fridge at eye level. That's something to think on also. I really need a whole new plan.

Yes, I did think on sanding smooth the bathroom walls and finishing with something waterproof. It will take a LOT of sanding or grinding! I'll have to see how that stuff holds up. It may just break off. Tiny glass tiles would be nice :c) Light green or blue :c) Or real light pink to keep the boys out!

I guess I'll look for one of those toilets that have the tank built underneath them in one unit and then I could plumb maybe to the outside. I still have to think of how to plumb the shower as I can look thru the drain and see the grass growing under the trailer... Wonder if one of those toilets would fit in the back of that shower closet? If it ever stops raining I'm going out with my measuring tape.

Camilla
Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #24

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi Bonnie, To answer a couple of your questions. Tha air conditioner was very light wt. and protruded in as much as outside. the plywood supported it with only trim boards around outside. Didn't have a ceiling fan only vent. Kept hitting head on small vent crank. Might mention that to help support I placed two oak banister pickets on top of the small floor cabinet
near the isleway and placed a 1in x 6in. board on cieling with glue to help roof sag.Dont have picture . Bill
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #25

Camilla, make it really frilly and pink and it'll be safe, I wager.

Bill, thank you for your answers. Makes sense. I wondered about the vent and head bumps. Ed Harris dropped by to help remove the 2x4s stuck to the ceiling and couldn't stand up fully except in the bubble. He was a good sport about it, but I really short and don't have that issue.

I have the electric stuff worked out in my head, so I can start laying out the interior. This is really a great time for me. I love putting things together.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Camilla, make it really frilly and pink and it'll be safe, I wager.

Bill, thank you for your answers. Makes sense. I wondered about the vent and head bumps. Ed Harris dropped by to help remove the 2x4s stuck to the ceiling and couldn't stand up fully except in the bubble. He was a good sport about it, but I really short and don't have that issue.

I have the electric stuff worked out in my head, so I can start laying out the interior. This is really a great time for me. I love putting things together.
And you are taking detailed photos every little bit of the way right????? Right? Right? Please? please? pretty please?

Camilla
Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #27

Yes, I am. That's a bass! Good gracious, I shouldn't post when I sleepy. It just hit me that's one of your babies. :

Bonnie
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Yes, I am. That's a bass! Good gracious, I shouldn't post when I sleepy. It just hit me that's one of your babies. :

Bonnie
Bonnie - will you put in an A/C? Wonder what the smallest one out there is? I was looking on the web at some portable ones but they are kinda high dollar. I guess the way to go would be a slide out drawer thingy with a tiny one but I'll hate to cut a hole. I'll probably put it at floor level so I don't have to worry quite as much about support.

Have you picked out cushions? Colors? Curtains? Do you have screens in your windows?

I was also going to ask if you have window hardware since mine are just screwed shut. I'll have to look closely but I didn't see any hardware for opening and shutting them which was another reason I was contemplating just replacing them so maybe you could paleeeze take a hardware photo for me?

I'm also looking for those toilet units that sit up on a square stand with the black tank under them. I'm going to need the smallest possible and hope it will fit in the shower. This is going to be so fun to have this little camper!

Does your door shut well? Mine is bent out a tiny bit on the bottom.

Yes, that's one of my bass. He's my favorite and I took that photo the day after he ate about twenty 8-inch HUGE worms I got for him (we were digging our grey water line up). It was well over a pound of worms . He's about 17" The day before he positively waddled away. I love the guy and he's quite entertaining. He likes me to cut his food up "just so" or he won't eat it... just like a kid when you have to cut up their peanut butter sandwiches into teepees or cut the crusts off . I took a little video of his silliness one day: My pet bass Meanandlean

Camilla
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Bonnie - will you put in an A/C? Wonder what the smallest one out there is? I was looking on the web at some portable ones but they are kinda high dollar. I guess the way to go would be a slide out drawer thingy with a tiny one but I'll hate to cut a hole. I'll probably put it at floor level so I don't have to worry quite as much about support. Living where I do, an AC is almost mandatory; there are several great posts about non-permanent AC installs. I'm planning on that route, so I don't have to carry the extra weight, if I don't need it.

Have you picked out cushions? Colors? Curtains? Do you have screens in your windows? Not entirely. I think the background will be creme instead of white. That gives me a bunch of room for a festive color scheme. I haven't made up my mind, but will sew all of the above, as I'm pretty handy in that area.

I was also going to ask if you have window hardware since mine are just screwed shut. I'll have to look closely but I didn't see any hardware for opening and shutting them which was another reason I was contemplating just replacing them so maybe you could paleeeze take a hardware photo for me?

Will do

I'm also looking for those toilet units that sit up on a square stand with the black tank under them. I'm going to need the smallest possible and hope it will fit in the shower. This is going to be so fun to have this little camper!

Does your door shut well? Mine is bent out a tiny bit on the bottom. common theme. I'll cut and paste the recommendations I got for that.

Yes, that's one of my bass. He's my favorite and I took that photo the day after he ate about twenty 8-inch HUGE worms I got for him (we were digging our grey water line up). It was well over a pound of worms . He's about 17" The day before he positively waddled away. I love the guy and he's quite entertaining. He likes me to cut his food up "just so" or he won't eat it... just like a kid when you have to cut up their peanut butter sandwiches into teepees or cut the crusts off . I took a little video of his silliness one day: My pet bass Meanandlean The link didn't work.

Camilla
Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #30

Sorry the link didn't work Bonnie. I've been trying to get in the forum off and on all day and couldn't. I'd jump off a roof if I had to try to keep a board running
When I could get in I never could get to the second pages of any of the posts. I finally did by hitting the Lo-Fi Version button down on the bottom and was able to read what you wrote.

I think this link should take you to my silly favorite spoiled bass Meanandlean. Let's see if this takes: http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee58/ba...leanhotdog2.flv

Are you going to buy a refrigerator for your unit? I have that tiny one in there but I'd like to have one like in my big camper that runs on propane and elec both. I don't even know if the one in there works. I am just assuming that nothing works and am going to go from there.

I'm going to look for those posts on non-permanent AC installs. I have to have air too.

Cam
Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #31

Sorry the link didn't work Bonnie. I've been trying to get in the forum off and on all day and couldn't. I'd jump off a roof if I had to try to keep a board running
When I could get in I never could get to the second pages of any of the posts. I finally did by hitting the Lo-Fi Version button down on the bottom and was able to read what you wrote.

I think this link should take you to my silly favorite spoiled bass Meanandlean. Let's see if this takes: http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee58/ba...leanhotdog2.flv

Are you going to buy a refrigerator for your unit? I have that tiny one in there but I'd like to have one like in my big camper that runs on propane and elec both. I don't even know if the one in there works. I am just assuming that nothing works and am going to go from there.

I'm going to look for those posts on non-permanent AC installs. I have to have air too.

Cam
Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #32

Quote:

Wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'll try again... bass
Old 10-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'll try again... bass
and again - this is getting stupid...
Old 10-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #34

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Camilla,

On one of your tries it looks like you used the "add email" icon not the "add URL" icon. The add url icon is two icons to the left. It also has a "+" in it but it has two arrows pointing to the right.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #35

Quote:
Camilla,

It looks like you're using the "add email" icon not the "add URL" icon. The add url icon is two icons to the left. It also has a "+" in it but it has two arrows pointing to the right.
I don no nuttin bout nuttin Steve

now did I do it?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #36

I give up
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 AM   #37

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
You used the right button that time but the URL was garbled up somehow.

The other part seems to be that Photo Bucket wants everyone to sign on so it takes us all to the Photo Bucket home page, not to the page your sending us. It's not your problem but Photo Bucket's attempt to gain customers.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #38

Quote:
You used the right button that time but the URL was garbled up somehow.

The other part seems to be that Photo Bucket wants everyone to sign on so it takes us all to the Photo Bucket home page, not to the page your sending us. It's not your problem but Photo Bucket's attempt to gain customers.
Thanks Steve. I tried every little example link photobucket had. They must have just changed things because I know links used to go straight thru. Tricky guys huh?

Camilla
Old 10-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #39

It's odd, though, because I signed into my account and still couldn't get to your video. I'm at a loss.

bonnie
Old 10-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #40

Quote:
It's odd, though, because I signed into my account and still couldn't get to your video. I'm at a loss.

bonnie
http://video.bassprofessor.com/

Tags
play–pac