Play Pac - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #61

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
Quote:
Isn't that Bill Boone's old Play pac? You bought it from him didn't you? Great! Now we can get more photos! Do you live in NW GA?

Camilla
Hey! i sure did. can't find a nicer guy than Bill. I was looking for a Play Pac for a while when he put it on ebay. did the 'buy it now price' immediately. He sure did alot of nice things to it. Very solid. I live in Cartersville, right on I-75 about half way between Atlanta and Chattanogga. Probably spelt that wrong. Will add some pics as soon as i can.
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #62

Trailer: Play Pac Hawaiitch Hut
Thought I'd check status on the ownership of the Play Pac TT. Everybody (6-7 of you.) still own your Play Pac? Any new owners out there? I'm in the process of purchasing a 73 play pac and doing some research. Its in need of a bit of work. I did found out one thing. There is VERY little information out there on the Play Pac. Anybody have any links to sites that discuss the PP? Or maybe a good site that goes into detail on how to restore a TT in general.Thanks....
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #63

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Or maybe a good site that goes into detail on how to restore a TT in general.
For that I would recommend this board! It's a great resource for restoring any fiberglass "egg" trailer, such as your new Play Pac ( and congrats!).

You can try searching, and if you don't find what you are looking for, well, sometimes I just go to either the "Problem solving" or "Modifications" sections and just start paging through, clicking on whatever looks interesting (note that you can jump to a certain page number, so you can pick up where you left off the previous night at 4 a.m. ).

Note that although there are some things exclusive to each brand of trailer; there are also a great many things that apply to any brand, so you may glean some excellent info from "non Play Pac" threads as well.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #64

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Hi Woody. The original brochure (retyped) is in the document center on this board.

We are blessed to have the originator of the Play Pac as a member of this board. You can follow his discussion here:

Play Pac Thread
Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #65

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Woody. The original brochure (retyped) is in the document center on this board.
Sorry group, the Document Center, Albums and Helpful-Links are all currently offline. The software upgrade has caused some linkage problems We're hoping to get everything fixed soon.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #66

Thanks for the welcome... I should be picking up the little guy tomorrow night. I was very surprised that only about 75 of the Play Pac TT were produced and there may only be a handful left. My first project is to get the door fixed. The lower part of the door sticks out about 1" from the frame. Not really sure if I can sorta bend it back or what. Will do some more checking when I get the PPTT in my hands.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #67

I picked up the little guy last night. Now I can say I'm a proud owner of a Hitch Hut. Here are a few Pics. My 2 year old little girl loves it. She calls it the "Little House". Overall its in good shape. Just needs a few items taken care of. Does anybody know what the general value may be on the HH? I'm curious as to if I got a good deal. Wont state what I paid till I get a reply. Don't want to look bad if I overpaid.....
Attached Thumbnails
PlayPac1.jpg   PlayPac2.jpg  

PlayPac3.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #68

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Please lower the ball height onyour tow vehilce before you hurt it!
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #69

Noticed that after I got home. The spare tire on the rear was only inches off the ground. Going to buy a low mount hitch Friday. Today Im pulling EVERYTHING out of the trailer that is not bolted down to see what Im working with. I also want to get under the trailer to sand and repaint the frame. I would really appreciate it if somebody could send some pics of the interior of there HH. I would like to make mine more self contained. Such as add a water heater or at least a water tank, maybe a shower. There is no stove in my HH, so I need to add that. I need to get an idea where to install a water tank and the water heater if I get one. If somebody would like to email me some pics, that would be great. My addy is: WoodyRVT1000 [at] AOL dot com
Thanks.....
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #70

Do you have any pictures of your insides? The tanks, if I remember, were bolted under the trailer in the spaces above the frame. My PP didn't have anything when I got it. Slowly rebuilding. The link below is to that thread.

My Rebuild Thread
Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #71

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of your insides? The tanks, if I remember, were bolted under the trailer in the spaces above the frame. My PP didn't have anything when I got it. Slowly rebuilding. The link below is to that thread.

My Rebuild Thread
Here is a link to the one I bought. It has pics of the inside of the trailer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1&viewitem=
Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #72

Nice looking. Looks like the kitchen is a redo. They are such fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #73

Yes, the kitchen was a redo. (The redo needs a lot of work.) . Im going to redo the kitchen and I would like to redo the walls. At the moment I just want to fix the couple leaks and the bottom of the door. It sticks out like a inch to far. Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks....
Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #74

It seems to be a support issue. My plan is to support the wall on either side of the door and that should fix the issue. One other thing i noticed is the hinge may need work/replaced. That might actually be easier. Some people have used the rubber pipe covers to seal around the door opening and it closes the gap nicely. There are lots of options.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #75

Name: jim
Trailer: 1973Playpac&1960Yellowstone
Florida
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The Campster post got me thinking. I did a search and guess what????? There's only six Play-Pac/PlayPac/Play Pac owners registered on the site. (This does not take into account resales of the same PP) None of us are in the same state and most of us are east of the Mississippi. Is that not a cool statistic, or what!

So, if you own a Play Pac, however you spell it and you want to own up. Post here.
we just purchased 1973 playpac,we live in Panama city Fl. and looking for other ones in the area,any help would be great,Thanks,jim&Donna
olhippiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #76

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
I am new to the site and browsing as much as possible...not getting much work done with all my browsing. But I wanted to "own up" and share pics. I am currently going through looking for any and all pics to compare mine to to see if I can find original interiors to refer to for my bring it back to life project. I am completly new to this...and have posted many questions and I am sure I will be posting more. Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
Hope this link works: https://picasaweb.google.com/Megdago...eat=directlink
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #77

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
I am new to the site and browsing as much as possible...not getting much work done with all my browsing. But I wanted to "own up" and share pics. I am currently going through looking for any and all pics to compare mine to to see if I can find original interiors to refer to for my bring it back to life project. I am completly new to this...and have posted many questions and I am sure I will be posting more. Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
Hope this link works: https://picasaweb.google.com/Megdago...eat=directlink
Oh Meghan, I love your pictures! Lots to do, but trailer is sooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #78

Meghan thank you so much for the photos! I think your camper is as original as can be except for the window in your door. Mine even has the very same curtains so they have got to be original also. Wonder if any of the other owners have those same curtains?

I've just purchased my Playpac in the last few weeks and am currently looking for a fiberglass person that can do some support work on my roof.

Did you say where you are?
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #79

Name: Meghan
New York
Registry
I am on upstate NY. are there pictures of your camper here? I have been messaging the inventor and love all the neat history. I showed the camper to someone today...I think they are jealous
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #80

Name: Kristopher
Trailer: 197x Boler
British Columbia
I notice the vent for the fridge is in the front. I have been struggling to come up with a better way of doing the same thing as I worry water and air would be driven straight in and make a mess of things. Are you able to have the fridge on while towing and is there any mess from water or wind?

Love the trailer, especially the skylight.
Sleeka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
play–pac