Play Pac - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #81

Trailer: Play Pac
There aren't any photos Of my camper on here because I'm usually on my cell phone and don't know if I can upload.

Ill try to remember to get some up somewhere tomorrow. Of course they are jealous! Once I get mine fixed up the way I want they'll be lots more jealous people out there ;c)
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #82

Refrigerator? I think that's an icebox - well at least mine is and looks just like that. I don't have that big vent in front however.
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #83

Name: jim
Trailer: 1973Playpac&1960Yellowstone
Florida
Cool play pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilla View Post
Meghan thank you so much for the photos! I think your camper is as original as can be except for the window in your door. Mine even has the very same curtains so they have got to be original also. Wonder if any of the other owners have those same curtains?

I've just purchased my Playpac in the last few weeks and am currently looking for a fiberglass person that can do some support work on my roof.

Did you say where you are?
hey Meghan are you going to keep the original curtain hardware in your play pac?we are in need of some of those clips that slide onto ther tracks and snap onto the tape can you help us out or tell us where we can get some of them thanks,JimWhat part of up state new york are you?I am from Vestal just west of Binghampton.
olhippiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #84

Florida
Cool play pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
I am on upstate NY. are there pictures of your camper here? I have been messaging the inventor and love all the neat history. I showed the camper to someone today...I think they are jealous
hey Meghan are you going to keep the original curtain hardware in your play pac?we are in need of some of those clips that slide onto ther tracks and snap onto the tape can you help us out or tell us where we can get some of them thanks,JimWhat part of up state new york are you?I am from Vestal just west of Binghampton
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #85

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Jim, I see you've asked about the curtain hardware in a couple of different threads. I don't own a Play Pac, but would something on this website help?
Beacon Fabric & Notions
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #86

Name: Meghan
New York
Registry
I havent tried yet, we brought it home and are working on the paperwork, etc. I will let you know if we have problems. Does the vent go INTO the fridge??? I dont know where it goes, but will ask my guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeka View Post
I notice the vent for the fridge is in the front. I have been struggling to come up with a better way of doing the same thing as I worry water and air would be driven straight in and make a mess of things. Are you able to have the fridge on while towing and is there any mess from water or wind?

Love the trailer, especially the skylight.
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #87

New York
Registry
If you want I might be able to help you get your photos up. Can you e-mail them to yourself?

Quote:
There aren't any photos Of my camper on here because I'm usually on my cell phone and don't know if I can upload.

Ill try to remember to get some up somewhere tomorrow. Of course they are jealous! Once I get mine fixed up the way I want they'll be lots more jealous people out there ;c)
Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #88

New York
Registry
What is the difference?

Quote:
Refrigerator? I think that's an icebox - well at least mine is and looks just like that. I don't have that big vent in front however.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #89

New York
Registry
We do plan on using the original curtains...so far...I will let you know if that changes. I dont know where to get the clips. I am hoping to go to an RV place soon. I will let you know if I see anything. I am in between Albany and Cooperstown on I-88

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhippiejim View Post
hey Meghan are you going to keep the original curtain hardware in your play pac?we are in need of some of those clips that slide onto ther tracks and snap onto the tape can you help us out or tell us where we can get some of them thanks,JimWhat part of up state new york are you?I am from Vestal just west of Binghampton
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #90

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
I split Jason's posts to a new thread

Here:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post292472
Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #91

Florida
There is one in nW Florida owned by Jim and Donna called the Pic I nic basket, that goes with yogi, a 1955 chevy truck, and Booboo a 24ft Yllowstone camper.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #92

Play Pac owner

Hi, I've been away from the site for a while, but still camp in a play pac, I've made some modifications, added laminate flooring and an AC, and am making some window repairs, enjoy reading about a lot of the same problems I ran into, should have been paying more attention, it would have saved me some time. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Dub J
Dub J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #93

Name: Clint
Florida
Does anybody know where I can pick up a replacement top dome for the playpac?
Thanks....
CWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #94

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Clint, I have heard they were available from overseas but not much more than that. Of the cursory searches I have done, I keep coming to one spot that will make a custom size dome: Clear Acrylic Plastic Display Domes.

I have no idea what it might cost for a custom size but I see they do make 24 and 25" domes which I think is about what our domes are. Hope this is of some help - best of luck!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #95
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub J View Post
Hi, I've been away from the site for a while, but still camp in a play pac, I've made some modifications, added laminate flooring and an AC, and am making some window repairs, enjoy reading about a lot of the same problems I ran into, should have been paying more attention, it would have saved me some time. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Dub J
Welcome back, Dub. Thanks for finally (!) introducing yourself! Looking forward to seeing your pics...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #96

Registry
with Mary! sounds like you have been busy Dub! i have been working away on ine and would really like to see a thread chronicling your renovation ... as you might guess there isn't a whole of info here (well, by comparison) for us Play Pac'ers - so any additional photos or insights are much appreciated. looking forward to hearing more from you sir!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #97

Name: Clint
Florida
Paul,
Thanks for the link...... They may have just what I need.
CWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #98

Registry
Glad to hear it Clint. Keep us posted if you make any progress with them. These domes are getting old and i heard of at least one that cracked while the owner was trying to fix it up!
Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #99

Name: Paul
Trailer: Play Pac Hitch Hut
Tennessee
Newly acquired Play Pac, 1973, in beautiful Oneida Tn. Rough, needs a lot of help,
but is mostly original. Will post pictures soon. Very happy to look at all of the posts and the remedies for the common maladies these things have i.e., sagging roof, floor soft, cabinets crumbling. We have all of that but we see the potential for a great little camper. I purchased this one in Crossville Tn. on 7-28. can't wait for first trip!
Paul west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #100

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Paul, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here! Yep, there's several Play Pac members here. Lots of stuff in the archives and things you may need in the Document Center. Everything else we'll address as you need.

Post pictures when you can. If you hang here much, you know we love pictures
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
play–pac