Porta potty storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Porta potty storage

I just got a nice porta potty at an auction sale. I had always thought the Casitas had a storage spot under one of the seats big enough for one. NOT! It won't fit under the side dinette seat or the couch/bunks. It is not a big one either. It is a Thetford 155S. It appears that this model has a 4.5 gallon tank and that might my problem. The storage is built to only hold the smaller capacity tanks.
So the question is. If you have a larger portapotty how do you store it? Has anyone found a useful storage container to use?
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
....while we do not have posession of a 'sita, we do have a Trillium (13footer) and have stowed the potty in the clothes closette on an adjustable shelve setup from a local 'Big Box Store', Canadian Tire.

I did have to modify the cabinet's fiberglass opening ever so slightly to get the potty inside and make note, it is NOT all that readily accessable in time of need, but it DOES get 'er done!!! LOL.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Put a cushion with attached skirt over it and it becomes a stool.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #4

Registry
Ben dare, dun dat, LOL!!!

We have a custom fitted/colour matched cover to place overtop of it when we need to place the potty outside.

We also have 2 similar matched (but these are insulated) covers for two portable coolers (ice-chests) we sometimes pack if we know we will be where there is NO Alec Tricity.....
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Ours hides under the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1106993270.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Mine won't fit under the bed either. It is a little too tall. One thing I am finding out is the storage compartments will only fit the smallest size unit. Never thought of that but not much choice at an auction sale, you get what's there. I noticed on line that someone was making a carry/storage bag for them for a while but they must have gone out of business. I can't find them other than a youtube video. I was a good idea but I guess it didn't sell well enough.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Masse View Post
Mine won't fit under the bed either. It is a little too tall. One thing I am finding out is the storage compartments will only fit the smallest size unit. Never thought of that but not much choice at an auction sale, you get what's there. I noticed on line that someone was making a carry/storage bag for them for a while but they must have gone out of business. I can't find them other than a youtube video. I was a good idea but I guess it didn't sell well enough.

If I had kept the dinette as the bed, mine wouldn't fit either but since we wanted a permanent bed I put a piece of A-C plywood across the top with cleats underneath to stop it from moving back and forth. Gives an extra inch or so. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, if i recall,,,, mine is stored on top of my wood lathe in the garrage.

we only take it if we are dry camping,,,,,and mamma does not dry camp.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #9

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We have the smallest Dometic purchased from Canadian Tyre. It doesn't fit into or under anything in our Trillium. Mostly it just sits there using up half the available floorspace - but mostly we don't need the floorspace for anything else so it isn't much of a problem. Occasionally it gets carried outside.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I Like this one
Attached Thumbnails
10.jpg   11.jpg  

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #11

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
That must be an awfully robust sliding shelf!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #12

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Ben dare, dun dat, LOL!!!

We have a custom fitted/colour matched cover to place overtop of it when we need to place the potty outside.

We also have 2 similar matched (but these are insulated) covers for two portable coolers (ice-chests) we sometimes pack if we know we will be where there is NO Alec Tricity.....
Do you have pictures?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Do you have pictures?

Of WHAT???
Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #14

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Doug ...my guess would be that Bobbie Mayer would like to see pictures of the custom fitted/color matched covers that(someone) I think it was you have for the potty and ice chest.

I would like to know how the covers for the ice chest are made.What kind of fabric & insalation was used and Pictures would be Great.

Happy Camping and Thanks
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #15

Registry
Lynn n Bobbie, sorry but I'm not in the habit of shooting pics of 'things' in/around our campsite, BUT I do have this one which shows the potty outside n under cover/stelth mode? in towards the back side of the wheel. This cover is made of 'hot tub cover' vinyl (r/v beige with dark green piping). The covers for the tupperware container and the ice-chest are made the same way EXCEPT there is a layer of silver foiled bubble wrap under the cover(s).
Attached Thumbnails
B.C. Classic & Custom Car Show 2011 213.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #16

Registry
...an while I'm atter, heres a pic of the slight alteration I made to the sides of our closet to get the porta potty to slide in an out easier....
Attached Thumbnails
Watertank & cupboard.JPG  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #17

Registry
and furthermore, a shot of the shelving system we added to the cupboard. This system is fully adjustable, with the lower rack (in this instance), going to be used to hold the porta-potty. The area under this shelf will/does hold toilet paper. sanitizer, as well as other 'potty' related items....
Attached Thumbnails
Lower part shelves.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #18

Registry
While I'm in the 'show off mode', here's one more (we ALL love to look at pictures, don't we??? LOL). This one shows our (awning mounted) 12V oscilating/misting fan an our (fairly compact) 'Boler Stroller' at the front of the trailer plus other 'junk' we have been know to haul around with us. Not all of which goes into the box of the pickup we somtimes use to tow the Trillium to events with.... Most often we tow the trailer with our Hot-Rod...
Attached Thumbnails
Whats on here...!!!! 063.jpg  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #19

Registry
and FINALLY, this is how we look coming to camp.... just ask Sue and Henry, LOL!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Assorted ~ May, 2012 006.jpg  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #20

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Thanks for the picture. I now have a better idea of what you were talking about and I do beleave I can do something,at least somewhat, like that for next summer to cover the ice chest.

love the car ...use to have a 1938 Buick Elictra that we worked on as a hobby car was almost fiished with it when we sold it to do collage tuation fees. DD is now a teacher & other one is diet manger at a school so it all went for 3 very good causes
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote