Portable Waste Disposal Tanks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
I haven't had a need for a portable waste disposal tank yet but assuming the situation did arise what is the best way to haul it to a dump station? The scenario I had in mind is being camped at a primitive site and the nearest dump station is over ten miles away. Putting it in the back of my pickup doesn't sound easy. Would it make more sense to just tow the trailer to the dump instead?
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Primitive, like not even a pit toilet? I have a homemade blue tote that holds 5-7 gallons. I'd fill it and put the contents down a pit toilet if available, or the gray water down the gray water drain... if that was available. I can't imagine having to hookup just to dump the tanks, until I was getting ready to leave the area.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I haven't had a need for a portable waste disposal tank yet but assuming the situation did arise what is the best way to haul it to a dump station? The scenario I had in mind is being camped at a primitive site and the nearest dump station is over ten miles away. Putting it in the back of my pickup doesn't sound easy. Would it make more sense to just tow the trailer to the dump instead?
If I was 10 miles away I would hook up my trailer and go dump.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
If I was 10 miles away I would hook up my trailer and go dump.
Me too! As great as the disposal tanks can be when your stuck without hookups, it's very heavy when full and really hard to lift and awkward to control when full, plus the thought of it opening up just about the time I got it to the bed of my truck is a scenario I would rather not experience. I suppose if you were gonna be running into town etc where there is a dump station taking a tank full of either black or grey with you to dump would help to hold off making a, take the trailer run. But to make several trips to emtpy cause one tank full won't be enough to empty both of your trailer tanks so that would mean you would be making another run.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Because I can't lift much, I have several small containers. A 6 gallon waste tote, a 5 gallon waste tote.. and the easiest and cheapest.. 2 gallon empty kitty litter containers.

With a portable maceration pump, you can emty into several small ones and just take them when you leave. They actually don't take much space, they ride in the bathroom when underway and stow under the trailer when camped.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote