Post Summer Get-away - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2007, 04:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Phewww, After a summer of trying to keep 4 local campground and the Saco River canoe trafic, in Maine, supplied with Campfire wood for the summer I am looking foward to alittle R&R.
Guess we are all set about the availability of Camping sites in the Lake Reagion of Maine for the later part of Sept. There should Be plenty.
Going to stay 3 days at a private campgrund (South Arm Campground) with shore power then it will be off to a State Park, (Rangley Lake Ste. Park) no power for 2 nights then over to New Hampshire to another State Park, (Umbagog Lake Ste. Park) that does have power for 2 nights. This will give us 2 nights to play with if we decide to stay or travel a bit more.

The wife just said "Make sure the Frunace is working".
The weather I am sure will drop down to the 30's at night

The Furnace worked just fine last June but I checked and, NOPE, Will not lite, so after trying for about 1 hour I finaly decided it is time for the pros tolook at it.
Last spring I replaced everything I could, from new regulator to thermo-couplin and pilot light so it's time the thing gets a good going over by somebody who knows what they are doing ha ha ha.

Counting the days.

Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Enjoy your getaway Gerry. Sounds like you have a nice trip planned, you've earned it!

Make sure that funrace gets fixed, you're wife may freeze on the trip, but you could end up out in the cold for a lot longer
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #3

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Gerry

Sounds like a great trip. Was wondering if you checked your gas orfice. The whole is quite small and can easily get pluged. Just remove it and hold it up to the light. As a rule you can blow it out with air if that is the problem and after reinstaling it, try to light it again. It may take a few tries as the pilot takes some time to bleed off the air. Good luck and have a saafe trip.

Ron
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote