Price on Casita going up in 2024? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
jgilliam1955's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Posts: 650
Price on Casita going up in 2024?

I watched a YouTube video where the person stated that once the 2024 Casitas comes out, a Casita's price will be $32K.
If true, order your Casita NOW!
Wonder if this will be all Fiberglass Trailers?
So I guess the used ones will be going up in price also.

__________________
Been with my sweetheart since 1969
2015 Chevy Colorado & 2019 Casita owner
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #2
Member
 
Name: Cotton
Trailer: Casita ID
KY
Posts: 95
Must be true, if it's on the internet.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
North Carolina
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
I watched a YouTube video where the person stated that once the 2024 Casitas comes out, a Casita's price will be $32K.

If true, the Casita base price is twice as much as it was 10 years ago.
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 703
That's nothing.....I just paid $12.99 for a six pack of beer.....holy crap!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Name: BenjaminL
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Posts: 27
Price on Casita going up in 2024?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotateclockwise View Post
If true, the Casita base price is twice as much as it was 10 years ago.


No need to look back that far. As things are progressing right now, it seems the
price increase across board is heating up rather than leveling off . When this round of inflation is over (no idea when), everything will be twice or 3 times as expensive comparing to 2019 and early 2020.

It appears across the world, one and only solution that governments can come up with for every problem is printing money.
Travel Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
Member
 
Name: Cotton
Trailer: Casita ID
KY
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Hawk View Post
No need to look back that far. As things are progressing right now, it seems the
price increase across board is heating up rather than leveling off . When this round of inflation is over (no idea when), everything will be twice or 3 times as expensive comparing to 2019 and early 2020.

It appears across the world, one and only solution that governments can come up with for every problem is printing money.
Progressing?
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jgilliam1955's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Posts: 650
The BASE price will start at $32,694 before options.
My 2019 was $20K Basic. With all my options, it was $23K
__________________
Been with my sweetheart since 1969
2015 Chevy Colorado & 2019 Casita owner
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
Posts: 129
IMO, they've done a pretty decent job of holding the line on prices thus far.

In an era of 19' stick-and-staple Thorest River claptraps going for $45K, $27K is a remarkable bargain.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft / ft 04 Subaru Forester XS (extra slow)
Posts: 287
Looks like they're following Scamp in this

The current Scamp price list shows a 16' with bathroom for $31,289 base. That's with a single propane tank and no AC unit.
John McMillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
Posts: 129
I wouldn't be surprised to see Casita dropping some of their standard equipment to minimize price increases.

For example, making the roof A/C an optional accessory on the Deluxe models would save around $500.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #11
Member
 
Name: Cotton
Trailer: Casita ID
KY
Posts: 95
Remember Cokes in a machine for a nickel?

And the increase to a dime?
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:42 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
jerrybob's Avatar
 
Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Posts: 703
When I was 16 yrs old....a long time ago.....I paid 29.9cents for a gallon of gas.
My two buddies and I would pull into the gas station.....pool our change together and put in $1.31 of gas.....we cruise the whole weekend. LOL!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:11 AM   #13
Member
 
Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Casita 17LD
Montana
Posts: 42
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Cynthia in Montana
Price

For $1.00 I could buy 3 gal of gas & 1 qt of reclaimed oil for my 53 Studebaker, weekly! Sure hate sticker shocksó -need a new tow vehicle.
Cynthia in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:52 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Hawk View Post
When this round of inflation is over (no idea when), everything will be twice or 3 times as expensive comparing to 2019 and early 2020.
It appears across the world, one and only solution that governments can come up with for every problem is printing money.
Amen, Bring back the good old days of deflation resulting from the "governmental engineering" of pathogens that put the world into lock-down. THAT will lessen demand for gasoline, recreational pursuits, and cut discretionary expenditures.
__________________
Jon MB, (the lesser half of Bonnie RB )
Jon MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:29 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
jgilliam1955's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia in Montana View Post
For $1.00 I could buy 3 gal of gas & 1 qt of reclaimed oil for my 53 Studebaker, weekly! Sure hate sticker shocksó -need a new tow vehicle.
Sticker shock is right! We keep our cars for years. My wife's 2005 Civic has 80K miles on it. Still going strong.
When I bought my used 2015 Colorado in 2019. It was $24K. I had sticker shock.
Last spring, my truck was $32K on the used price list.
Now with some states doing away with gas vehicles by 2035, why buy new?
__________________
Been with my sweetheart since 1969
2015 Chevy Colorado & 2019 Casita owner
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:16 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
That's nothing.....I just paid $12.99 for a six pack of beer.....holy crap!

And I've saved tens of thousands of dollars by quitting all that stuff back in the 80s.
__________________
JWColby EAAT
Exalted Arbiter of Anal Tripe
jwcolby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
jgilliam1955's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Posts: 650
If you live in the proper city, beer is free as long as you keep it under $1,000
And just like that, you save money!
__________________
Been with my sweetheart since 1969
2015 Chevy Colorado & 2019 Casita owner
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft / ft 04 Subaru Forester XS (extra slow)
Posts: 287
No question about the price increase...

Casita's saleswoman confirmed the $32K price to me as I was finishing up my order and paying my deposit. Thanks to this helpful forum for saving me a bundle of money!

I never imagined myself paying $27,000 for a recreational vehicle I'll use only now and then. But buying one right before a 25% price increase seems like a safe investment, or better. Maybe we should buy two! My wife has longed for another egg trailer since we sold our ancient, not-so-trusty Scamp 16 seven years ago. Last weekend's not-so-restful tent campout convinced me that she was right- or, at least, that we should try it her way once again.

Finding a good used trailer seems like a frustrating snipe hunt, in this current market. Several weekends ago I saw a Casita for $10,000 here in Denver, on the first day it was listed. I jumped at that, but it was sold within four hours of listing. I don't want to chase these little white whales all over the country and wind up with something marginal that I have to fix or renovate.

Now we have eight months to agree on a suitable tow vehicle, which we don't have now. Our bright & shiny Spirit Deluxe is due in April!
John McMillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:38 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
jgilliam1955's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMillin View Post
Casita's saleswoman confirmed the $32K price to me as I was finishing up my order and paying my deposit. Thanks to this helpful forum for saving me a bundle of money!

I never imagined myself paying $27,000 for a recreational vehicle I'll use only now and then. But buying one right before a 25% price increase seems like a safe investment, or better. Maybe we should buy two! My wife has longed for another egg trailer since we sold our ancient, not-so-trusty Scamp 16 seven years ago. Last weekend's not-so-restful tent campout convinced me that she was right- or, at least, that we should try it her way once again.

Finding a good used trailer seems like a frustrating snipe hunt, in this current market. Several weekends ago I saw a Casita for $10,000 here in Denver, on the first day it was listed. I jumped at that, but it was sold within four hours of listing. I don't want to chase these little white whales all over the country and wind up with something marginal that I have to fix or renovate.

Now we have eight months to agree on a suitable tow vehicle, which we don't have now. Our bright & shiny Spirit Deluxe is due in April!
You are a man married to a wise woman.
I pull our Casita with a 2015 Chevy Colorado. Tows 7500 pounds.
__________________
Been with my sweetheart since 1969
2015 Chevy Colorado & 2019 Casita owner
If I won the award for laziness, I would send somebody to pick it up for me.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMillin View Post
Now we have eight months to agree on a suitable tow vehicle, which we don't have now. Our bright & shiny Spirit Deluxe is due in April!
Sounds like delivery times are moderating a bit.

We waited 9 months for delivery of our 2021 SD.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casita


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gas price driving RV price down? AC0GV Money Matters 11 03-19-2022 09:35 PM
Going from Casita 16 ft LD to 17 ft LD outdoorman General Chat 16 03-25-2019 05:37 AM
BC | NOT going to sell this.. 1979 Bigfoot 17 Foot - Price Reduced $7000 US$ jimmied Classified Archives 16 02-08-2015 03:43 PM
Going price for used bunk supports? morgynm General Chat 9 08-15-2014 08:38 AM
Going Going Gone ! ted saxton General Chat 2 11-16-2007 05:58 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.