Speaking of disclaimers, the following was posted to another RV group:
One of the things I got the wife for Christmas is a Solar
. Setup involves taking it out of the box, placing it
somewhere in the sun, turning it on, and walking away.
However, the following "Safety Warnings and Precautions" came with
it. I particularly like 6, 7, 9, and 11 - with 11 being my all-time
1. Observe work area conditions. Cluttered areas invite injury.
Position the Turtle Solar Light
in an unobstructed area that receives
sunlight at least six hours a day.
2. Check for damaged parts. Before using any product, any part
that appears damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it
will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for
any broken or damaged parts and any other conditions that may affect
its operation. Replace or repair damaged or worn parts immediately.
Do not use the Solar Light
if any switch does not turn on and off
3. Replacement parts and accessories. When servicing, use only
identical replacement parts. Use of any other parts will void the
4. Always check hardware and parts after assembling. All
connections should be tight and hardware tightened.
5. Keep children away. Children must never be allowed in the work
area. Do not let them handle the Solar Light.
6. Dress properly. Protective, electrically nonconductive clothes
and nonskid footwear are recommended when working with the Turlte
Solar Light. Wear restrictive hair covering to contain long hair.
7. Use eye protection. Always wear ANSI-approved impact safety
goggles when setting up this product.
8. Maintain products with care. Keep the Solar Light clean for
better and safer performance. Follow instructions for set up and
changing batteries. Inspect the Solar Light periodically; if damaged,
have it repaired by an authorized technician.
9. Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
10. Use the right Solar Light for the job. Do not attempt to force
a small Solar Light to do the work of a larger Solar Light. There are
certain applications for which this Solar Light was designed. Do not
modify this Solar Light and do not use this Solar Light for a purpose
for which it was not intended.
11. Do not set up the Solar Light if under the influence of alcohol
or drugs. Read warning labels on prescriptions to determine if your
judgement or reflexes are impaired while taking drugs. If there is
any doubt, do not set up the Turtle Solar Light.
12. Use only a battery
of the type recommended.
13. Do not mix old and new batteries.
14. Batteries should all be Nickel-Cadmium.
15. Remove batteries if the Solar Light is not used for a long period
16. Keep the Solar Panel
free of dirt, dust and grime. Dust covering
the Solar Panel
will block out sunlight causing a decrease or
stoppage of efficiency in recharging the batteries.
Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.