Question about Croton Point Park, New York - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Question about Croton Point Park, New York

Is Croton Point Park, New York a good base camp for a NYC visit?
New York City has been on our places to visit list for several years. It is actually one of the few cities on our list. Joyce is now interested in making it happen this year since I just returned from 3 weeks there with the Red Cross.

It looks like we can camp at Croton Point Park and take the Metro into the city and back. The area also looks like it has much to offer as well. Is it worth 10 to 14 days?

Thanks for your input,
Tom
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Looks like a good choice to me there are some camp grounds closer to NYC. On long Island and one in NJ right by the statue of liberty st. park.That being said this one looks like there is a lot to do besides the city. Have fun!!!!!!
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Question

Why would anyone want to visit NYC? Getting away from the city is why we camp, here we have a midwesterner wanting to come East and and Easterner wanting to go west!! Isn't that always the case?? Tom, we are about 45 minutes from Philadelphia, you can camp in my back yard and I'll camp in yours, we will call it even?? I've never been to Kansas!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Thanks for the responses.
I have heard about the one in NJ, but it would involve towing in the metro area. I did drive in the city, but don’t think I want to tow in the area. Having just spent 3 weeks in NYC working Super Storm Sandy for the Red Cross, including some trips out on Long Island, I would guess any of the campgrounds near the shore were destroyed.
I would have no problem letting you set up in my yard, but there are no hookups. However, just 2 miles north is a very nice US Army Corps of Engineers campground. September is a good time to visit Kansas. It just so happens that Joyce and I are hosting the Kansas Eggstravaganza rally at that very campground September 4-8, 2013. Come on out. Kansas has much more to offer than most people realize.
Tom
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote