Recalls (Vehicle recalls) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 03:15 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Recalls (Vehicle recalls)

I was surfing the net and found a story on the MSN site on vehicle recalls. It had 150+ slides for vehicles, years and problems. Most have nothing to do with tugs we use but there were a number that some of use such as F150s, Rav4s and Subies ect. Most were for air bags but there was a number of other issues listed. I did see a number of vehicles listed that folks here use as daily drivers also. Just a heads up .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
To add to Dave's post;

In addition to recalls, there are service bulletins that are created to address issues that for some reason are kept a secret from vehicle owners and are not subject to mandatory repairs from the manufacturer. I personally experienced an issue with my 07 Toyota Tacoma 4X4. The rear springs were weak and when towing or carrying cargo it was a problem. Toyota upgraded the springs ($1400+) at no charge, but only because I complained. It was not serious enough for a recall, and by keeping the information secret, Toyota saved a lot of money by not informing owners of this issue.

I found out about this at the rally at Champoeg SP a few year ago. Another Tacoma owner and I were discussing our trucks and he had already had the upgrade. I researched the issue on the internet and there was lots of information. It is a good idea to do an internet search for both recall and service bulletins on any vehicle you own or are thinking of buying.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote