Red Sky in Morning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2015, 06:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1984
Red Sky in Morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1444910299.544899.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	89861
When I awoke this morning and opened the blinds, this is what I saw. Poor prospects for a good day!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Temperatures dropping to freezing this weekend in NH with first snow expected in upstate NH this weekend, a little earlier than normal.

Our goal is to head south on Wednesday.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #3

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Uggg so not ready for snow yet!
Old 10-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
You do know what mother nature says...... Ready or Not Here I Come! We are having a very pretty but somewhat late fall here in Michigan.

Went camping at Manistee in what should have been prime color time. Turned out to be too early. Weather was pretty mild actually. Now a couple weeks after we are home it is hitting peak in that area.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #5

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
very pretty pic
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
It's on its way....

Turning (c) David J. Shaw 14/9/13

Damn!

It's Labour Day gone,
There is gold in the forest.
Red, auburn, green.
It is the turning.

Canadas wedge,
South,
Like a compass out of phase.
Turning.

Winter lurks,
Hidden in the glory of the trees.
Soon, from the naked woods
He will engulf us.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Red sky in the morning, sailors warning, red sky at night, sailors delight. Norm and Ginny, we had snow down here in south Texas back in 2004. It snowed Christmas eve and this area got between 8 and 13 inches of snow which stayed on the ground all Christmas day and it all melted the next day. Now that's my kind of winter. I grew up in Wisconsin and am all to familiar with harsh winters which is why I moved to the sunny climes of the south.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #8

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
We just finished our fall Vermont Leaf Peeping Tour...took six hours to complete
(We live on the Vermont State Line). The tour also included our own town.
Winter temps forecast for this weekend...some very light snow in the Adirondacks! Travel Trailer is winterized, firewood is stacked in the wood shed...ready for winter's blast...growing season is officially over...camping in the north country is over for us until spring.

Norm & Ginny....Enjoy that ride south and the warm temps....we will be feeding the wood stove until spring.

Happy Camping to all!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
Yup! We had high winds, heavy rainfall and the maple leaves blowing all over the place. Typical fall day.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #10

Florida
I notice that the UK's weather service is projecting 50 years of very cold winters in the UK. This is the same organization that was projecting disastrous global warming a decade ago, their warming projection before the now 18 year pause in warming.

I guess the reality that projecting next week's weather is difficult never mind projecting next year's weather or next decade's weather. We reached 40 F last night with 30 F and snow projected in NH for tonight or Sunday night.

We leave Wednesday afternoon for Florida, entering a new phase of our lives at 73. It appears that our travel style is about to change with less winter travel and more spring and fall travel. We assume that our summers of seeing family and friends in the summer will be replaced by seeing them in the winter, with virtually all of our family and Ginny's sisters visiting us this winter along with many RV friends.

Here we are at 73 still experiencing change. I've finished the first draft of writing my book, I would recommend it to anyone as a fun project. Writing a book reveals to yourself much about you, providing a chance to consider your life, a chance to refocus. I'm now working on writing the NL Caravan Guide, I think mainly to get my mind around it all.

It's interesting that the Caravan is something new for us. We have never traveled with anyone except our son's and their wives and only for a matter of days. This is a totally new experience for us, one we're looking forward to but with a measure of anxiety.

We leave Wednesday but move out to our trailer Sunday night, something we're looking forward to doing. There was something cathartic about getting rid of things, most of the good stuff going to friends and relatives. We have visited two of relatives recently and found about 5 items in one bedroom and 5 more in one living room that had been part of our lives for decades, strange and good at the same time.

Guess I got off the track a little. It's cooling and I like the fall. It's always a reminder of change, in a sense more than most seasons for me, change but comfortable change.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: honda03842... Change is the only constant in life. Some times I just wish it wouldn't change so darn much!!!
This morning we had a few seconds of snow falling.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #12

Florida
Yes Alfred, Two major kinds the kind we precipitate ourselves, and the kind that precipitate on us.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16