Remember them - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Remember them

On November 11th, remember those who's sacrifices gave us the freedom to meet, travel, camp, rally and live this beautiful life!
Canadians - Wear your poppy! (I don't know if my U.S. friends do the same, if so - wear 'em).
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Absolutely, positively!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:54 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
This year is special to Canadians, it marks the 100th anniversary of the start of WWI and 2 army Regiments, the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry and the Royal 22 Regiment. My brother served with the Princess Pats and my father was in the Royal Canadian Air Force.

This years ceremonies will also be a sad one as we remember Cpl Nathon Cirillo who was gunned down while standing guard at the National War Monument last week and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent run down in Quebec a few days earlier, both killed by home grown terrorists.

Poppy sales this year are at an all time high and the Canadian Legion report they may run out.

God bless everyone that has served !

"LEST WE FORGET"
Attached Thumbnails
short-poems-for-remembrance-day-1.jpg  
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Excellent series called War Story on the History Channel right now and this week ( in Canada ).
Old 11-11-2014, 01:12 AM   #5

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
As a yank I don't think one could ask for a better neighbor or ally in times of crisis than the Canadians.

As we remember our own it is also good to remember those we have stood beside in the past, and still do as recent events in both Iraq and Eastern Europe remind us.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Thanks RogerDat and right back at you from this Canuck. Sadly we burried the last surviving member of my Mother's generation just a few days ago. Uncle Bill was a POW in WW11 and so we go to the cenotaph today with extra heavy hearts. Bless them all.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote