Rental resources for fg trailers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #1

Name: kellie
Trailer: shopping
Massachusetts
Rental resources for fg trailers?

Hi! I am based in New England and am in the market to buy a lightweight fiberglass trailer but wanted to get a test run in (my 2013 Escape has limited tow capacity). Trouble is, most of the fiberglass trailers and manufacturers I find are in the Central & West regions.

Wondering if there are any resources or hidden gems out there for the MA/NH/CT/RI areas to rent or view the options so I can convince my fiance not to choose a "newer" clunky model at CampersWorld.
I welcome your thoughts/guidance,
Kellie
kelliegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I suggest you contact the manufacturers of fiberglass RVs to see if there is someone close to you so you can view one and, possibly, rent/borrow. Here, in California there are some fiberglass RV rental places. Perhaps you could contact them to ask if they know of any sources near you.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Oh, you might want to try shared rental spaces such as Air B n B (www.airbnb.com) or VRBO. Sometimes people rent their trailer to use in place. Also, there are some "trailer hotels" where the trailer stays in place and you can rent them. Maybe some KOAs or other private campgrounds would have "trailers in place". Just a few ideas for you to pursue.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliegee View Post
Hi! I am based in New England and am in the market to buy a lightweight fiberglass trailer but wanted to get a test run in (my 2013 Escape has limited tow capacity). Trouble is, most of the fiberglass trailers and manufacturers I find are in the Central & West regions.

Wondering if there are any resources or hidden gems out there for the MA/NH/CT/RI areas to rent or view the options so I can convince my fiance not to choose a "newer" clunky model at CampersWorld.
I welcome your thoughts/guidance,
Kellie
While rentals of fiberglass trailers are hard to come by, if you want to "see" what is available, check for reasonably nearby fiberglass trailer rallies. Most have a Saturday afternoon "tour" session and the larger rallies will often have examples of many of the different brands & sizes.

I don't know if this Cape Cod is still on, but it might be worth checking. I know the Niagara Wine Escape rally is on for September - there are a number of different trailers already registered for it.

While a rally does not provide the experience of living in the trailer, it does present good opportunities to see the differences between them.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Go to your local area craigslist in the RV section and type in "rent" as the keyword in the search bar. Be sure over in the sidebar in the left hand side to check the box for including nearby areas.

In the Seattle area there are a few people who list fiberglass campers for rent in the RV section. They generally rent for around $100 or slightly less a day.

But if you are just trying to check out what it feels like to tow something of a similar size and weight head to a Uhaul or other trailer rental place and rent an enclosed cargo trailer. They do come in lots of sizes. You can load it up with some stuff if you need to increase the weight.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #6

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
If you are close to Maynard, you are most welcome to stop by and see our new 13' Scamp with the front bath. We've just returned from a 5-week odyssey and absolutely love the trailer. Couldn't have been more flexible and comfortable!
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #7

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Happier Camper has Burro and Trillium trailers in Windsor, Ontario for rent. Not sure how far that would be for you.
Toxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote