Restfull mini Vacation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Last week I had the wife take me and one of the grand-son (10 Y.O.) to a State Park in Maine for a couple of nights for a mini-vacation.
She had to work so after taking us up she made some supper while I set up camp and unloaded the truck.
She left and I settle in for what I though was going to be a restfull 3 days after doing campfire wood for campers all the first part of last week.
My step-daughter was to bring the other grand-son (8 Y.O) the next night to stay one night.
The first day with grandson #1 was spent fishing (untangling line - putting yucky worms on - takein yucky fish off - and untangling line...did it mention un-tangling line), hikeing and looking for 2 Geo-Caches.
I did sit for about an hour with the camp-host while the boy ran around the campground.
That night grand-son #2 arrived and after re-arrainging the camper to make room on the top bunk (used as shelf when only 2 people camp) we had supper of steak( that a plastic knife will not cut) and macaroni with tomato sause.
Ahhh, light the fire and watch the kids cook mashmelows for about 2 hours then to sleep.
Nest day was a repeat of first day but times two so fishing was spent mostly , You guessed it...untangling line.
Wife picked us up aroud 4PM and we came home and I was neve so tired in my life.
After unloading camper and showers for all and a great supper it was to bed by 8;00.
The next day was spent doing 4 loads of wash and waiting for step-daughter to take the kids home and then I was back at the fire-wood business
Ahhhh time to relax.
Gerry the canoebuilder PS. I may have to change my tag-line below ha ha ha.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:16 AM   #2

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

But Gerry the line-untangler does not sound as good as Gerry the canoe builder.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: There is nothing worse than getting your lines crossed but this time I think you crossed the line Next "Mini" vacation just draw a line in the sand and under no circumstances... cross that line!!! Why do I hate fishing??? Yucky bait...Yucky fish... and snarled fishing line
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 AM   #4

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Last week I took my step-daughter fishing for the first time in 15 years. It was her idea. She had a blast. Much easier at 25 years old instead of 10 years old. And now I am getting to be her friend instead of the nasty step-dad that makes rules.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
I took my 3 young (4, 9 & 13) grandaughters camping last week. It was sunny when we arrived and I picked a bad spot with not much grass. I was close to the washrooms and the water tap. After setting up and a quick swim, the skies opened and it continued on and off the whole time we were there. I didn't want to move because everything was already all wet and muddy. I didn't get much sleep what with pushing the water off the awning and calming the girls through the thunder and lightening. There sure was a lot of cleaning and washing when we got home. But the important thing is that this is what memories are made of and the girls had a great time.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
... new FG camper -- $15,000

... modding it the way you want it -- $3,000

... using it to spend endless hours building memories with the grand children -- priceless!!!
Ed Felker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel
Great story Gerry! Bet the boys had a grand time.

Oh..by the way..I have this fishing reel thats all tangled up and I was wondering......

scott fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Great story Gerry! Bet the boys had a grand time.

Oh..by the way..I have this fishing reel thats all tangled up and I was wondering......
Learned very fast method of untageling line it is call "JACK-KNIFE METHOD"

Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Gerry,
I have done an extensive search and have been unable to locate any classes titled 'Line Untangling Made Easy.' There can be some plusses to the process though. To wit, I once was fishing in a small lake right before sunset, trying out one of those bait casting reels. In no time at all I managed to conjure up the largest tangle I have ever seen. It was so big, it looked like an eagles nest. Out of the corner of my eye I even saw a large bird giving serious consideration as a possible new home.
I did manage to get all the tangles out after much time. No sooner had I done so than something grabbed my bait, swimming hard to the left, then to the right. My fishing rod almost doubled in half from the pull. I imagined that whatever took the bait could be some as yet unknown deep freshwater lake monster, sort of a Loch Ness creature. Finally I managed to get the thing out of the water. To my surprise and delight, it was a 23 inch trout !
So, the next time you feel like relaxing, remember, you will never see any big fish from doing nothing.
Don
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #10

Right Donald.
A fellow fishing partner always said you will never get a bite if your looking at your bobba...
He was right and it never failed that when I was away from my pole, cutting and retieing thier fishing line...my bobba would be going crazy and I would run over and ....awwww to late.
Lost alot of bait and a few pounds running back and forth but only managed to land one brooky in the 2 hours we were out there...thankfully they got interested in the frogs and we quit fishing...my pockets were over flowing with mono-filiment line.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Well last week my son was over visiting us. Before he left he asked me if he could borrow my electric stapler. I said sure and that it was out in the garage in a drawer with about a thousand different chargers and misc electrical stuff.

He opened the drawer and started untangling the rat's nest of wires. Just before he finished untangling the wires and wrapping them neatly he said -- "Straightening this drawer reminds me of my old casting reel."

Guess he was referring to the thousands of times I had to untangle the mess he left for me -- poetic justice of a sort - for him.
Ed Felker is offline   Reply With Quote