RV show in Southeast - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #1

Name: Marc
Trailer: In the market
Alabama
RV show in Southeast

Want to know the best upcoming show to attend near the southeast. Would like to be able to view a variety of fiberglass/premium travel trailers. Does escape , Bigfoot , Oliver display at an event?
Thanks, Marc
aufan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufan1981 View Post
Want to know the best upcoming show to attend near the southeast. Would like to be able to view a variety of fiberglass/premium travel trailers. Does escape , Bigfoot , Oliver display at an event?
Thanks, Marc
Well there is a rally coming up in East Texas next month.
They will all be there.

Its not a "show" though...
Just a show-and-tell with real owners.

Jim

Pineknot - Home
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Thanks, Marc
No most don’t go to any of the traditional RV shows. They almost all sell factory direct, are small organizations, with several months order backlog. Displaying at major shows is expensive and a time suck. Leave the shows to Forest River, Thor, etc.

Want to see a variety of molded trailers? +10 go to a rally.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #4

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetwizard View Post
Well there is a rally coming up in East Texas next month.
They will all be there.

Its not a "show" though...
Just a show-and-tell with real owners.

Jim

Pineknot - Home
Thanks,
Can you tell me the name and dates of the rally in east Texas?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Thanks,
Can you tell me the name and dates of the rally in east Texas?
See http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...8-a-86111.html

Also see all the rallies listed on this web site:

Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) - Fiberglass RV

The latter link is under the "Forums" Dropdown list on the top of the web page. Its a good idea to explore all aspects of this site - there is so much here.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
I was at the Pineknot Rally last year and I can't remember seeing an Oliver or a BigFoot at the rally, but I did see Scamps and Escapes there and not very many. You could stop by Oliver on the way to Texas and that will probably be your last stop to look at fiberglass trailers if the Oliver is in your price range. Most of these manufactures offer a program where you can visit one of there trailers in your area, you would have to contact them for this information. Do note that the Pineknot Rally is one of the five Casita Rallies each year in Texas and it is going to be mainly attended by Casita owners, there are a lot of Casita's in Texas, probably because they are made here. Do note that all brands of trailers are welcome so others do come. As someone said, fiberglass manufactures do not attend the RV shows, I thought Casita would attend the DFW shows as they are just 90 miles down the road, but they don't. We opted for a Casita to do our travels in and are very happy with it, probably the easiest way to find out what you may want down the road, camping with others of different makes and models you can learn a lot.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #7

Alabama
Thanks so much !
Old 09-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #8

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
There's always at least one Bigfoot at Pineknot and usually two or more. And even more Escapes. I plan to have my Escape there this year. Olivers are rare there and I've never seen a Parkliner at Pineknot. Am I right that Parkliner has shut down again? That would be a shame but not surprising.
BTW, I saw a Nest at Ontario Bolerama. I wonder if one will show up at Pineknot this year?

Walt
Old 09-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #9

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Most shows are put on by RV dealers, not RV manufacturers. Molded fiberglass trailer manufacturers do not sell thru a dealer network with the exception that Bigfoot has a few, 4 or 5, "factory stores". Stick built trailer manufacturers have hundreds of dealers who put on these shows.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #10

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
!st or 2nd week in January there is a fiberglass rally at the Georgia/Florida line on I75. Last year all brands were well represented.
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #11

Name: Sue
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Virginia
Can anyone provide more info in the Jan. 2019 rally at GA/FL line? It's not on the calendar (guess they don't have 2019 up yet).
smastyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by smastyl View Post
Can anyone provide more info in the Jan. 2019 rally at GA/FL line? It's not on the calendar (guess they don't have 2019 up yet).

This one?
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2019-1-18&c=1
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #13

Name: Sue
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Virginia
Yes, thanks!
smastyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Here is a link to the trailers (and people) that will be attending the Matagorda Madness rally at the Matagorda campground on the gulf in Texas. Dates are 11/29 - 12/02 2018.
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:57 AM   #15

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
You will note The frustrating lack of presence of the fiberglass RVs at RV shows.
I assume that this is because they lack a dealer network at the local level.
I am currently in the market for a new travel trailer and would enjoy the
opportunity to compare many units in the same location (RV Show).
This seems to be impossible due to the lack of any cohesive marketing plan for fiberglass RVs on the part of their manufacturers.....very sad and frustrating for any would be buyer.

One of the largest RV Shows in the United States is currently underway in Hershey, Pennsylvania but I doubt that you will find any examples of the fiberglass units even at this premiere event....sad indeed !
Good luck in your quest.
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
You will note The frustrating lack of presence of the fiberglass RVs at RV shows.
I assume that this is because they lack a dealer network at the local level.
I am currently in the market for a new travel trailer and would enjoy the
opportunity to compare many units in the same location (RV Show).
This seems to be impossible due to the lack of any cohesive marketing plan for fiberglass RVs on the part of their manufacturers.....very sad and frustrating for any would be buyer.

One of the largest RV Shows in the United States is currently underway in Hershey, Pennsylvania but I doubt that you will find any examples of the fiberglass units even at this premiere event....sad indeed !
Good luck in your quest.
The fiberglass trailers are sold for there quality and have a cult like reputation. All this being said, I to had to seek them out, they didn't come looking for me. Now when you find them, most will be the most down to earth people you will ever meet and welcome you in.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #17

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Marc, come check out the fibreglass trailers at Green Eggs and Ham in March just outside Montgomery. Last year there was an Oliver, as well as Scamps, Escapes, an Eggcamper, Parkliners, and of course many Casitas.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...9-a-86764.html
Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #18

Alabama
Thanks so much . Really got an education on the RV shows!
Old 09-17-2018, 06:06 AM   #19

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
When you say South East, in what area (States) are you actually most interested in looking. I ask this because Texas is more Southwest.

There is a good Rally coming up in Cherokee NC in October. They will likely have a good assortment of FGRVs. And they will have a wonderful assortment of people. Also, Check out the URLs in post #5, by "Gordon2"

You will be able to get easier to find and a lot larger camper for the same or less money if you look at typical RV show offerings. But the FG models hold their value much better. In January 2011 I purchased a 2003 Casita 17' SD. I paid the going price at that time. According to what I'm seeing in the classifieds, it would still sell for about the same money, 7 years later.

At FG rallies, you will find the most friendly people in the world. When you ask us about our campers, it is akin to asking us about our grandkids. We will talk, answer questions, tell you why we no longer have a large conventional built trailer, and allow you to look inside.

We aren't trying to sell you something as you will encounter at a RV Show.

So spend the time necessary to attend and talk.

kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote